Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When artboards are grouped under a flow title, clicking and dragging on that flow title allows you to move and arrange all of the artboards associated with it.

If you have multiple flows and they are all linked, it's impossible to move a flow and NOT move any child flows under it.

It would be great if you could hold down the CTRL (Command on Mac) key to break that association temporarily while moving.

See attached image for more clarity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Title case does not take into account grammatical prepositions, extremely frustrating to have to go through and change ever single one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  3. showing the image preview would help when dealing with many layers. especially the ones that are set to 0% opacity.
    I would then attach the replace image function to the thumbnail.
    Bonus: add a paste function to the "replace image" feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The components in my library are structured in subgroups.

Example:
    - icons
    -- navigation
    --- up
    --- down
    -- sort
    --- up
    --- down

When you use a component from the library, the component is imported as linked component. Those linked components are imported completely out of context of the original group structure:
    - up
    - down
    - up
    - down
    I can no longer see that the "up" component came from "icons / navigation" or from "icons / sort".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Requesting: Screen mode

Indesign has several screen modes for design. This feature should be brought to XD. It would be nice to see margins and preview mode with the "w" shortcut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'm not sure why this stuff started showing up - but it's irritating to have your recent files cluttered up with stuff that is completely irrelevant, not created by me and is not recent. When looking to open a file (and get work done quickly) I don't want to have to sort through a bunch of Adobe junk to do it. I'm sure tarting templates are nice for people who are starting out and are designing solutions like those presented but is just noise for people are not. please move this stuff to some other area of the applications like…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Design ideation is important. Pen on paper is one way, white boarding is another. With many of us still working from home, a whiteboard tab or new section would be essential.

I really loved the InVision Studio whiteboard and mood board. Those are features I would love to see in XD. Being able to share the whiteboard and mood afterwards or in real time would be great as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Should have the ability to right-click on the installed plugins and "remove" or "uninstall" the plugin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  9. You can protect the prototype with a password only when you create the link, not when the link already exists. I want to be able to make a publicly shared link password protected without having to communicate a new link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When working on a cloud document, XD frequently autosaves which is great however, when working on a shared internet connection this causes issues. Each time XD autosaves ( which can be pretty constantly ) it effectively kills our internet for other users. It would be great to be able to turn Autosave off or control how frequently it occurs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Import images directly from WebDam into your design

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  12. Have the ability to create simple gifs rather than leaving XD to make simple gifs in PSD or AE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Shape/component fill container (stack).
    Example:

Let's say I have a horizontal stack with two squares and 20px margin between them. It would be really helpful if I could set one or both squares to fill the stack (container). This way If I want to resize the stack as a whole the two squares would automatically resize.

This does wonders for responsive layouts.
    Figma has this feature already and it works great.

Love what you are doing with XD, I've been using it since day 1 and this is he only thing that's missing for me.

Keep up the great work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When creating a Shape (square, circle triangle, line) the 90% of the times I already know the size I need, but is very slow first to draw it and the input the w and h on the panel on the right. It would be nice to create it like in Illustrator. (The X and Y would be nice too but im not that greedy)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Do to Jira Server vulnerabilities we'll need to upgrade abouve version 8.18.2 which the current Adobe XD jira integration isn't compatible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to make the whole file available to view online as a view only version, with the same view + controls the designer has on the desktop app.

This means you don't need to specify what you're exporting and can help with showing the entire design process rather than the end-product.

Figma has this, as well as tools such as Miro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'm designing a intricate web application. Somewhere along the line, I've crossed posted elements leading to an error message.
    The problem is, the message is long, doesn't appear to fit in the error field, and I can't read it before it disappears.
    I've noticed other applications that allow you to click a copy button which puts the. messages content on your clipboard. Then you can paste it into a text app to read the entire message.
    As it is, any error messages of any length are pretty much useless.
    The first attachment, Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 9.46.28 AM.png, shows the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A quick way to establish the file path of an open XD file. Other Adobe software (the image example is InDesign) have a way of discovering the file path from the open file, ie Command click the open document's file name and it drops a window down listing the 'path' right down to the home folder.
    I often have multiple windows open and a quick confirmation of exactly where my active file lives would be very time saving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In Windows, it works that when you hold shift + (control or alt) + scrollwheel it does a jump/faster zoom. Unfortunately on macOS when you press SHIFT nothing happens.. This feature works in other Adobe programs as well as macOS. I'm pretty annoyed and don't know how to work around it to make it work the same way. Thanks for the update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)