Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I often have to rename an element on the fly so it's not messing up the animations. To do this now I have to go and switch the left pane from the Assets pane to Layers and find my element and right click rename then switch it back to Assets because that's what I use most.

Clicking on an element and see its properties I should be able to quickly rename it ) and always see its name.

In addition to the name you could show if it's a group and even how many objects are within the group. If…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. While working developers where not able to get information on size of text or color in a boxed text which had a different size and color ontop then the bottom part. Is there a way where probably a developer would be able to highlight text in a targeted area to get character style and color?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A tool similar to the artboard tool in Illustrator that makes it easy to target the selection as the artboard and not the contents. This allows the user to rearrange the artboards quickly and easily. The current click target for artboards that must be used to rearrange artboards is tiny, particularly when zoomed out and makes it very difficult to rearrange single artboards as well as a complex selection of artboards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great to have the ability to use the delete button to delete color/character styles and symbols (instead of having to right-click).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Request options in a popin before export to AE :
    - Make folders as comp > checkbox
    - Make symbols as comp > chekbox
    - Export hidden layers > checkbox
    - Export locked layers > checkbox
    - Export grid as guide > checkbox

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As a user who works with design systems and color palettes often, it would speed up my workflow considerably, if I could select a color swatch directly without opening the color palette.
    A quick selector that openes on hover and shows the swatches could be a nice solution.
    Or color shortcuts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be nice to have a list of people who logged in the prototype and date/time, to be aware of who accessed it.

I had a security issue in a confidential project and it would be useful to measure the extension of the leak before changing the password.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The gird layout seems to work automatically which isn't correct and not how web design works from a coding point of view.

I simply want to have 45px margins on the left and right with a 12 grid column. It's IMPOSSIBLE to do this. It keeps re-adjusting things.

Is this suppose to work like this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The may overlap other requests, apologies if it does. The ability to drag along a line is fantastic but if we could drag around a circle it would open up a whole lot more to your users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add more examples in the XD sharepoint kit here: https://t.co/MuiU4HxBq9 as shown on this page here: sharepointlookbook.azurewebsites.net/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Transparent borders can help with thinning out icons and text without having to change colors for a specific page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Password protected prototype shares are great, but is it fair to assume that the owner of the source file can get straight in when they open it from the source file in XD - I think so, given that they can change the password. It's a little annoying having to input it every time. Likewise from notifications in the desktop app - but clearly that is a little different as you're not in the source file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Same problem for integrations in Slack and Jira integrations' previews

If I am adding or sharing Adobe XD link of a concrete artboard in some project, e.g.:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/screen/ARTBOARDID/
    then preview usually is generated not for this concrete artboard that i am sharing, but for the main artboard of the whole project

So in fact it generates for me this link preview:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/

This is completely illogical, when e.g. in Jira I create a task to implement concrete subpage, but then Adobe XD generates me every time the main page preview...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. This issue has been raised at least once before and closed as by design. Here is the issue and request:

Repro:
    - open the layers panel
    - draw a shape
    - select it and press CTRL + K to make it a symbol
    - rename the symbol in the Layers panel
    - switch to the Assets panel
    notice: the new symbol is still named Symbol XX
    expect:
    1 - an option to name both the symbol and the instance when you first create it, so you don't have to name it twice (once in the Layers panel and again in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The way I would like to see it is like this:

1. First it should have 2 modes: auto and manual. Auto would generate all columns equal based on single column and gutter values. Manual would let you set your columns and gutters at whatever values one wishes.
    2. It needs to be draggable with the mouse and you should be able to see near the grid line the values of the column you are changing.
    3. After the grid is made mouse interactive, the way you would create one grid could be something like this: First you set the first line mirrored…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I create a new symbol. I can rename the instances in the layers panel.
    Then, I rename the symbol in the assets panel. This overrides the custom names of the instances of my symbol.

This behavior is inconsistent with the notion of instance in Adobe XD. When I change an element of an instance, all my instances are updated accordingly. There is no notion of a master symbol.

Why can I rename an instance one by one if all the names can be overridden when renaming via the assets panel wherease any UI change in an instance directly affects all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Because there are so many XD Plugins, for better user experience, it'd be great when every plugin's developer provide a tutorial on how to use the plugin. The tutorial is to save designer time and effort to figure out how is the plugin works, but try them one by one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Select the layer you wish to keep the group name of
    2. Select all layers that should be part of the group
    3. CNTRL SHFT + G
    4. Result = Layer keeps its name using the first layer selected

When ungrouping, XD should maintain previous layer names derived from the same process. This seems to be the core of my layer challenges. That being said, I love how fast I can move in and out of layer by "layer-clicking" through the layer under my pointer.

LOVE this app now... thank you!
    LIn

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Whenever I try to highlight type so I can make a change, the type does not get highlighted, instead it creates a new text area. XD should work the same way Illustrator does when it comes to highlighting, selecting, editing type.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When sending files to After Effects, add ability for paths that are grouped together to come in as a single shape layer, instead of multiple parented shape layers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)