Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. There is a problem with the operation when searching by entering Japanese characters in the font name box.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 共有されたアイテム一覧にメモ欄を追加

共有されたアイテムが何のファイルなのかがファイル名だけではわかりにくいので添付ファイルのようにメモを残せるようにして欲しい。

Add a note field to the shared item list

Since it is difficult to understand what a shared item is a file by just the file name, I want you to be able to leave a memo like an attached file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Name it not "close", but "resolved" (a checkbox with checkmark/or no checkmark („resolved“/„unresolved“). AND it automatically will marked as „unresolved“ if the reviewer adds an new answer.
    The pin should be convert from number to checkmark if the comment is marked as resolved.

With this I can use the comments as a list of tasks which I can work off step by step.
    If I finish a task I mark is at resolved. The reviewer get an E-Mail (at the end of day all resolved tasks collected to one E-Mail) and he can now review this and do an answer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to be able to stretch text like in InDesign. This is possible in browsers with css transform so should also be possible in XD. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It takes a long time to either create a new link for development or update an existing link, and I find myself waiting around often. I also often click "update" without copying the link first, then it's unavailable while the link is being updated, and I have to wait. I'd love to be able to share the link before it's updated since developers will only access well after it's finished updating/creating anyway. Three suggestions:

1. When updating an existing link, let the existing link be available to copy, since the URL won't change.

2. Or, have a "cancel" button so I can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Regarding the "Shared Presentation" on xd.adobe.com/view/...

The "Grid Feature" is helpful. However, it would be nice to allow the user to create custom ordering for the artboards. Perhaps in XD's "Prototype" mode, instead of just a stacking order, offer a way for the user to drag the artboards to reorder them and use that as the display order on the View page "Grid" layout.

Alternatively, it might be helpful to allow the user to create hierarchical lists (e.g. tree nodes) in XD. Then users could view as a Grid or Hierarchy on the XD View page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Sometimes screenshots of a design are needed, sometimes it makes sence to do these within adevice frame - the preview mode is already providing video recordin. I think it would be an improovement to display the recordings in a device frame as well (if wanted mby the designer), and also making the user able to do screenshots as well, in the preview mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This may be fixed once you introduce states, but I think component bounding boxes should change height if showing or hiding a layer affects the height of the group.

For example, we have used components to create form fields, with different layers for various states of the component. We have an error state that includes an additional line of text with a description. If we include this error state inside our master "input" component, the height of the component will include the error state height, regardless of if we have the layer turned on or off. This causes us to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pasting anything into an XD file automatically places that object at the top of the hierarchy. Not a big deal, but for files that have "always on top" elements (such as pinned menu bars), this has you constantly having to move things up/down to correct the stacking order.

What I'm suggesting is a line/bar that you could pull down in the Layers pane that would serve as the "paste below" threshold - all pasted objects would appear just below that line until moved elsewhere.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If PNG is imported and over ca. 5000px of height it's not in highres anymore (in webview) but gets blurred by adobe XD: not showable, not usable and adobe seems to be not interested in that problem or would not fix it at all (perhaps even this is not a bug and just a way to keep other design-exports from sketch & co. out of XD?)

for now the only way to keep using the prototyping web-view is to slice our pngs in smaller peives and play puzzle in xd... WOOOW!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make the new screens and updated screens appear in the top of the (shared link) grid. Please make it default behavior or let us choose this behavior.

The recently introduced grid view in shared links is nice but there is a problem. People I work with are not able to find the updated screens. Before I used to place new and updated screens in the top of the XD document so they could be easily found. Now as they can't see the "document view" anymore, they've lost all the visual cues and they are forced to do a time-consuming…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Wacom Tablet scroll support needed for live prototypes. Our team use XD and love the application, we use Wacom tablets for all of our design work and have to dig out and dust off the old Mouse when viewing prototypes - which is a bit of a pain and I am sure we are not the only design studio to share this pain!!

Support for tablet scrolling would be very beneficial.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work

Regards

Michael

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We should be able to see Design specs in inches as well. Some Enterprise development tools (BI TOOLS) only support Inches as the measurement value.
    So we are able to design, review and prototype but can't share design specs, that's still a manual process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. My prototype-links where published at d.adobe.com/view/xyz. To have an overview over my past prototypes and delete them (or give new authorizations to specific persons etc.!) I have to go to assets.adobe.com/links. Why? To give assets.adobe.com/links more features in the future (generate folders etc.) it could be smart to unite these both sites?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When aligning objects that are nested deep in a complex component it isn't always that easy to right click on the right object from the first time on.

As an advanced user i would like to select align to pixel grid in the layers panel by right clicking the selected layer and navigating to 'align to pixel grid'.

Limitations of items in this specific context menu is a concern, i would make a group "design options" and add the suggested 'align to pixel grid' option together with the 'add colour to assets" option to it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Of course it's set ot german and of course now I have to hunt down some setting somewhere which I dont want to do. Spellcheck should not be on by default, anyone who wants to use such a feature will actively search for it, the vast majority of users do not want it, especially not when it uses some localised setting from who knows where that is now constantly uppercasing all my stuff without me ever having this problem before.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When you command click it should follow the hierarchy of groups/components so you can keep command clicking in deeper and deep NOT directly going to the root element.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Similar to how Sketch does it: when I mark something for export, give me a way to put the export settings at that level so it REMEMBERS and I don't have to pick which file type and compression percentage EVERY TIME.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We'd like the ability to create a JIRA issue directly from an annotation point in XD so that the prototype/design is linked to its implementation work in JIRA.

My workaround right now is to call out the numeric annotations within the description of a specific JIRA issue but I think this could be improved by a link between the two.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When making an app specific xd repo from the master brand repo, i should be able to import all assets through the specific xd repo into my new prototype.

Now i can only link assets from doc 1 in doc 2, for flexibility towards design systems in complicated structures i would like to link from doc 1 into doc 2 via doc 3.

Eg:

doc 1 (main brand)
    - brand
    - typography
    - iconography
    - ui main brand (atomic)

doc 2 (subbrand collection):
    - ui sub brand (atomic)
    - doc 1

doc 3 (prototype sub brand)
    - doc 2

2 votes