Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I would like to have all the fonts and colors to be recognized in all my documents, not only the source document.

I have a source document with all my colours and character styles, which is linked to my current working document. I also copied a few elements and pages from the source document, in order to edit those for a new part of the design. Which means that all the elements and fonts should be correctly linked together, but when I right click on the font in the document, it does not recognize that that font already exist in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When the last open XD file is closed, the preview window remains open. This causes problems in opening a new document on my Mac.

Once I've closed all remaining XD files, when I go to open a new one from the welcome screen, I click the XD icon in the dock – but instead of opening the welcome screen, it takes me to the black-screened preview window (which, in full screen, sometimes will not reveal the red window close button in the top left). This means the only way to see the welcome screen is to completely quit XD and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Selecting a portion of a text block, then clicking the Fill rectangle, and choosing a color from the fill panel works as desired, except you cannot use the ink dropper tool to select a color from anywhere, including color assets panel, without that color being applied to the entire text block.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Description
    It becomes very frustrating when you have multiple monitor setup and you work on the laptop and see the preview on the big monitor next to you. Normally how it works is that you take the XD to the monitor you want the preview to be, click on desktop preview button and then the preview opens in the big monitor on a 100% scale. Then you come back with XD to the laptop. I think if we had a setting to open the preview on the user'
    s choice of desktop with a 100% scale, it would have been…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I just updated Adobe XD and it appears, they're automatically setting the component bounds to fit the content which is great is some scenarios but I have an existing project where I intentionally left empty space in components (e.g. for padding, spacing) and it's not even allowing me to turn this on/off like Sketch does. Now if I make any change to these elements, it automatically gets rid of all that space. I've tried manually resizing and turning the Responsive Resize on/off but to no avail.

I've also tried putting an invisible background layer behind it, but that layer doesn't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Having a card component with a hover state, and within this card component is a checkbox.

If I hover over the card component and mark the checkbox as selected, when the card component goes back to regular mode as I am not hovering any longer - the checkbox unchecks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be really useful, if reviewers could klick on a textfield and add the Text they want on the textfield.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The Text Component Edit Panel should feature the same colour palette picker as the one in the Appearance panel.

I don't know how this has slipped through but it's quite clear the Colour Picker Panels need to be consistent.
    See attached: Text component panel and colour picker from the Appearance panel.

There's no reason for the component panel to not feature the palette and make it easy to maintain consistency.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When i'm designing with a grid and guides, I find super useful the photoshop " hide extras " shortcut.
    I would like to see it in XD ( not having to hit the preview button )

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Developers tend to use other naming conventions than designers for exported assets. Having an option to rename each asset right before the download button on the design spec screen would be very helpful (especially for Android developers since they would have to get into several folders if they want to rename assets themselves).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am proposing a thought for Adobe XD which inculcates new feature and technology of using voice as source of fast communication.

“As we can create an interactive prototype with speech in XD, it would be better if we can create our screens (wireframes, visual designs) by using human speech. Human command will work effectively and quickly than creating manually. For example, for creating a square of 50X50 with rounded corners and having stroke of 2 px with some specific color will take some 1 min of time but by using human language same task can be completed within fraction…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When you clean up the components. In case a component is inside a hover state for example and I check highlight on canvas it won't show it and you might accidentally delete it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Similar to Dropbox Paper or Google Docs, I'd love to see who or how many people are viewing my prototype in the web browser. Could especially be helpful when presenting/pitching or when having dev. hand off calls to see who's tuned in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. currently when selecting a font you are able to start typing and fonts will filter.

eg: Trying to select a font named 'DIN' (all caps)

but if I type 'DI' .... it selects the first font 'Didot' and when I type 'N' my typed selection is now 'DiN' which won't pick up 'DIN' (all caps)

Solution make the font selection 'case insensitive'

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Without fail there is always an interaction or need that isn't in the software. Plugins allow custom code during development. Allow a custom code component to run during the prototype state so I can add features that XD lacks. Like a scrollbar component that scrolls dynamically when users are viewing the published shared content to better simulate a true experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When making text a component, can the name of the component be the what is in the line of text?

Example: I have a text box that says 'Home' in my nav that I want to add a hover to. When I select the text box press + in the PI on the right to make a component and add a hover, it has renamed my layer/new component "Component 2 – 1". Would rather it rename "Home - Component" or something so I don't have to re name every nav item in my layers and components on the name level.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I design, I often put several paragraphs or bulleted lists in the same text box. When I share my designs with my developer, it is difficult for him to get only the text he needs from the shared development document. When you click on the "Content" section in the right developer spec panel, it automatically copies all of the text in the box (see screenshot).

It would be helpful if there were a way to highlight and select only a portion of the text in the content box that you could then copy using a shortcut. You could grab…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. First of all thanks for the latests updates in November – they are great ?

My team often struggles to find the needed character style in the assets panel. In the 'List View' you can give the fonts certain names; eg: H2 Titles 50/60 px.
    image: List View

When we switch to the 'Grid View' (which portrays the components larger and thus more useful in that case), then the given name unfortunately disappears and only the font names are visible, which we can do very little with.
    image: Grid View

It would be great to get this issue improved in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The November release is fantastic. But I noticed in the share UI the drop down says user testing. User testing implies you are testing the user. This is the exact opposite of what we are trying to accomplish. Usability testing is more accurate because you are testing the usability of the design. Would love to see the wording change and I bet I’m not the only one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently, when you copy text from Sketch and paste them in XD, the XD breaks the text into a bunch of random small text boxes instead of one text box (see attached image). We need all the text to be in one text box, not many small text boxes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)