Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I would like to have a feature that allow me to drop a screen capture of a web page and make some kind of "trace" like in Illsutrator, but in this case Adobe XD would create vector elements for every item that detects on the image. Like an OCR for an image.

I have to redraw pages sometimes and this would save a lot of time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I want to prioritize my and others' feedback. It is easy to fix based on priority. Currently, they are numbered in the pinning order, but apart from that, I would like to have the ability to prioritize fixes. I really like the feedback feature, so I hope it will be easier to use in the future.

自分および他人のフィードバックに優先順位を付けたい
    自分および他人のフィードバックに優先順位を付けたいです。優先順位に基づいて修正しやすいためです。現在は、ピン留め順に番号がふられていますが、それとは別に修正の優先順位をつける機能が欲しいです。フィードバック機能はとても気に入ってるので、今後より使いやすくなるの期待しています。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Having the ability to show the client the ideal user flow would be helpful. It would be great to have annotations that are separate from comments in the design review link. Even something as simple as having each commenter have a different color pin.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. (ungroup image and shape for dragged images)

If you place an image into a shape (by drag and drop from a folder), you can't afterwards ungroup it as you do with Mask with shape. It's painful when you want to just get rid of the frame to use the image at original size and proportions!
    Please add this option

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scenario:

I have a group of objects, on top of that group is a transparent image; I'm using it as a guide. I would like to be able to select an object in the group behind the image.

Current behavior and notes:

This may seem like a crazy notion, because another object is cover the group completely, but it seems that if I select an object from that group u sing the side left panel, that object shows to be actively selected, with the blue rectangle, but the moment I touch that object with the mouse, the topmost image takes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When you are trying to delete a componenst off of your Assets list, sometimes you will check if its still on your canvas using the "Highlight on Canvas" option.

Then the blue notification bar sometimes appears with "0 instances of this component found", which is fine.

However, you need to click "X" to get rid of the notification every time. Instead of being able to quickly click ESC or something. This makes it hard (or should i say tedious) to do quick scan of the next component, because the blue notification linger around and may not apply to the new…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. If I create an object that's #000 and adjust the alpha value of it to say 5% XD cannot currently tell me what the hex value of that object is, it only says: #000000, 5%. In order to find out, I need to copy the object into Photoshop to find the actual hex value. Can you add the ability to determine what the value is without having to open a new app? Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Today, I accidentally deleted an artboard that I worked really hard on without realizing it was gone until there was noway I could command + Z enough times to bring it back without overhauling a bunch of other work (Luckily my coworker had a backup on his computer of the file but still not ok that it happened). Artboards aren't a simple shape. They can have a lot of content on them. You should most definitely at the very least have a pop-up that says "are you sure you want to delete this?" for art boards before it is deleted…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m changing this to reflect your first request; unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you have only one suggestion per ticket. You can upvote or file the second one if you’re interested in Photoshop-style history.

9. Working with developer on same file with same font (Gotham Pro, OTF format) on macOS and Windows. Showing font is completely wrong on Windows. It make XD useless!
    XD is latest version on booth machines.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I was learning about the eyedroper tool and realized that the eyedropper was picking up any color within the application itself at current zoom. So in other words say I had a 1px orange border on an object; at zoom 100% it would pick up either a fill orange or a few lines of gradient on either side. If I did the same source at say 300% zoom, it would just show that it's a solid border of orange. This is very confusing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add feathericon set plugin.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  12. It would be great to have a filter effect having gaussian blur, radial blur and other effect functionality to add in Adobe XD . As in i could save time instead of doing entire work in Illustrator

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A research tab included with; Design, Prototype, and Share tabs. Research could house UI kits, personas, empathy maps, journey maps, sketches, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When the master file that has a linked component is deleted/moved the component cannot be made local. So if you have a corrupt file, that you are able to copy and paste to a new document (Adobe suggested debug/fix) and you delete the corrupt file, the component is left a component with a broken link.

"Unlinking" the component turns it into a group. So if you used that component on multiple art boards you have to replace them all (no easy way to do that...). If you go into the assets panel and click the dropdown and "x" out the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There is a workflow where people work on picking different types of shades of colors as a part of their designs they are working for.
    It would a great asset if the color picker would allow the users to work through it with a better workflow

Prototype example Link: https://blog.prototypr.io/an-updated-color-picker-for-practicality-adobexd-294d5e4e5f92?source=friends_link&sk=84ed163845b694ea96a197be1b24d992

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Different size of main and overlay artboard causes big problem with prototype. If contents of overlay isn't bigger then a main artboard why shoud I design whole new overlay for responsive design?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Groups could have an auto-layout feature that orders elements vertically and horizontally with a fixed spacing.

There could be group states which would be similar to component states.

Group states could change based on artboard width or viewport height while maintaining position in artboard.

The groups feature could be renamed to containers, wrappers or frames. Or this could be a separate feature from groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When I have many svg's I want to know how many so I can arrange them in columns

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would love to have live links to AE animations inside of XD.

For example, select a component, choose "animate in AE", and it opens in an AE comp to be animated. Then when you're finished, that animation is live in XD, and can be edited in AE with a live pipeline like Cineware's link between AE and C4D.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When designing for PCs or Macs, having the ability to trigger actions for mouse buttons would be helpful. Especially left, right, and middle buttons.

I am using Adobe XD for game interaction design and this feature would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)