Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ellipse Border Sweep

Percentage calculated border sweep around shape

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Indicate which artboard is currently active on mobile device in XD window

When users have their mobile device tethered to their machine via USB and are viewing a prototype on that device, as the user traverses through screens it would be helpful to indicate on the computer on the XD canvas which dartboard is currently being shown on the mobile device.

This would be to help track screen flow as you click through a complex prototype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export artboard (as PDF) with 'extra space' added to the artboard edge

When exporting an Artboard (as PDF) I would like an option for the artboard to be exported with extra space added to the edges, such as 400 pixels or "Export to an A4 size page set up".

Also, add Header (Name of Artboard) and Footer details (Designer name and date, etc).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Developer to download different types of fonts like .ttf .woff and .otf

When the spec and style guide comes out in early 2017 (which I cannot wait). Usually, the developer would ask me to give them multiple file formats of the same font. I would always convert the font online to do that and it's a tedious process of uploading, converting, download and put it in a zip folder for them. It would be great if Adobe XD can automatically convert it itself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disable trackpad/magicmouse touch movement

I just started using Adobe XD instead of other UX system and I like it a lot but there were hundreds of times when I almost broke my mouse because of this nasty, frustrating mouse gestures turned on. There should be no such thing as option to move the screen only by the touch gestures in SUCH precise app. No other Adobe app has this feature turned on and it's absolutely ok to move the screen only when holding the space bar (Hand). It's natural. By doing it your way (mouse/trackpad gestures) you can easily reposition the elements by few…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow selection of antialiasing style on export

I'm designing a webpage, when I exported to PNG mockup, I've got issue with the font, please find my attached files, one exported from XD and one exported from photoshop with same font family & size.

The one XD got a bit blurry than the Photoshop one. I think the problem that I can choose "Sharp" anti-aliasing method in Photoshop. But XD seems like exporting as "Smooth" anti-alias.

I tried to find somewhere in XD with the options. But couldn't find.

Anybody please help. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keep text highlight semi-transparent when changing leading/size of text

Overlaying a text box on top of another pre-existing image to copy styles requires you to see what underneath the text while you are changing leading values. Have the highlight state semi-transparent ( or fully) like Sketch/other apps do.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set grid to align bilaterally - align perfectly with all 4 artboard edges, with rounded / irregular grid cell size at the exact center

The iPhone 6 has screen dimensions that aren't divisible by 8. As a result, placing a regular grid means that the last grid on the right and bottom and off.

Given that UI designs are bilateral vertically, if you want to make the side margins 16pts and aligned with the grid, the left margin will be off the grid.

To counter that you can make the center grid off by that 1pt, which normally doesn't affect the placement of objects as much.

The same could be done for the horizontal grid, however since most apps aren't bilateral horizontally this is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Do not convert three periods into ellipsis

When you type copy in a box, if you type ... it converts it to a ... object which is not the same thing. So for example, working on client work where you need a format like

Subtotal.............................................$10.99

XD goes in and changes every . . . into a ... single object. It messes up the formatting especially if your dots don't work in sets of 3, because then you have ... ... ... . .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add frame line on fullscreen view showing the limits of the screen when previewing a prototype locally

When sharing a design with multiple sizes and a black background it becomes impossible to see the edges of the screen. Adding a 1px #555 line would be enough to improve the preview experience by allowing the user to see the edges of say a small mobile screen on fullscreen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove annoying overlay on top of the screen

Please remove this annoying overlay (please see the screenshot). It covers the art board and influences first impression.

If this is needed, please add it to loading screen before loading the prototype. Something like Invisionapp has for example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Function: "Quick Menu from Text Paragraph"

when you have a paragraph of vertical text or a list of items if you click the right button of the Might Mouse separate each paragraph break or line break in a menu item, then it would be a ready to use menu and could be edited separately as if it were a menu created from different text boxes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Import Object Placement feels unpredictable

Every time I import an image into XD, whether it's the same image over and over, or different images, the (x, y) location changes each and every time. Even if I have something selected, the image will still import to a random location.

I feel that items should import to (0, 0) so they can be found. This especially is needed for small images. However, there is also no indication of where (0, 0) is in the file, so some sort of grid or (0, 0) acknowledgement is needed in order for this to work properly.

I have noticed that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

What steps are you following to import images into Adobe XD?

If you use File > Import, the image should be placed according to the following rules:
    - If you have an artboard or an object on an artboard selected, the image is centered in that artboard
    - Otherwise, the image is centered in the window

You you drag & drop files from Finder instead, the image placement will be based on your mouse position when you dropped the image.

If you’re seeing something different, could you reply back with some more details? A screencast would be extra helpful to understand what’s happening.

Thanks for your feedback!

14. Corners should reflect rotation

Corner radius controls should reflect the visual corners of a rectangle so that I don't have to remember the rotation of my object.

WAS:
    To create this bug.

1) Mask an image
    2) Edit the corners of the masking rectangle
    3) The top left and top right radii effect the bottom left and bottom right respectively (as displayed by the blue corner highlight icon).

Thanks

James

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Corner radius needs label - icon is not clear

The input field for the corner radius in the right panel is not very discoverable. Its relationship to the icons just to the left of it are also not very clear unless I interact with it. Suggestion attached.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Speed up zoom in/out animation when zooming with keyboard shortcuts

You can delete/reject this if it's mentioned elsewhere.

When using the keyboard (Cmd+ or cmd-) and when using Cmd+opt+mouseclick to zoom out, I feel that I'm wrestling XD regarding the zoom speed.

This for me feels like a stark difference from when I use the macbook's trackpad, It's fast and buttery smooth.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adobe Spark icon library

Bring in the awesome simple icons library used for Adobe spark video.

Awesome library simple to use

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Resizable font family list

Description: The font family list under TEXT should be resizable, or at the very least dynamically sized to expand to fit larger available screen size.

Value: A larger list would significantly reduce selection time spent using this control. The constrained size of the list is very limiting, only showing 16 choices at a time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to change the default preview segue when using keyboard arrows

Looks like when previewing using the keyboard arrows, the segue used is Slide Left. It would be nice if it respected the segue setup in Prototype.

If that is not possible, it would be nice to allow user to change the global segue to something else.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add cursor feedback on hover when holding the Option key

Holding Option to duplicate an element is missing the cursor feedback from PS / AI (the double arrow) when you are hovering over an element that can be duplicated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base