Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Hello,
    My team uses XD in coediting mode and each time someone updates their XD and goes into the document, when it autosaves, it kicks everyone else out with an older version. It's so ridiculous. Would love if the Adobe team can find a better way to handle this and not kick out designers who are currently in a document. It's very disruptive to workflow!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I often modify components when exploring possible design solutions. When satisfied I sometimes want that modification as a state for that component. But then I need to open the Main component, create a new state and redo the entire process which is frustrating, time consuming and prone to errors.

What if the overrides I've made to a component (also instances) could be directly added as a state from within the states panel?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. DSM like InVision or Toolabs.
    Components, text scales, colours and much more.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. we need logic feature. Like if user input number 2 in box A, then go to screen X. But if user input number 3 in box A, then go to screen Y

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  5. Please can there be an update button added to the open linked library pannel?

It auto-updates if a NEW component is added, but if I adjust an existing component, I have to navigate back to all libraries, open my document assets, update and then go back to the linked library. It's massively annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. PDF - export files too big in size -
    Unfortunately I must to agree with many other responders; exported pdf files are still to big.
    It looks like nothing has changed or is added to this issue. There should be some setting tools to specify the pdf size. Please, open these feature again...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I was told in support case ADB-16099483-L1M9 that the functionality is working as designed that CC Libraries created using the new Publish As Library function are created as view only and there is no way to change it to editable.

A library that I can't edit in other apps is literally useless.

Please change the functionality so that Publish as Library creates a normal, editable CC Library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give the possibility to add the same trigger in prototyping. For example, the interraction of a dropdown button; you can make a list appear with the tap trigger and another tap trigger to listen to the sound.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Xd is currently the single best way to import Figma files accurately into After Effects. By exporting svg files from Figma and importing them into Xd I can now get super accurate comps for prototyping / preview animation. The problem is, whenever there are embedded assets in an artboard (say a png background) the files are linked to some cryptic system folder (example attached. on mac it's /var/folders/s1/someSketchyHash/...) and thusly can be easily seperated from the project and lost during handoff / transfer. The current fix for this is to do a project collect in After Effects every time you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hi I'm a UX/UI designer based in Panamá.

Magento is getting popular and the number of companies that want a e-commerce is growing and they are in the need of functional sites and very quickly.

This need could be fulfilled with a prototyping plugin or XD Files with all the functions that Adobe Magento have for B2B, B2C and Marketplaces.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  12. I've created a master Library with all of our company's components in it, but that makes it unwieldy to design from. I've tried taking components from the master library and drop it into sub libraries (like "forms"), but if I make a change to a component in the master library, the same component in the "forms" library does not change.

We're a huge company with a number of brands. I'd like to be able to create cascading libraries.

This is especially important since we can't use folders to organize our master design system library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to export screens to LucidCharts so to map/link up to user flow in LucidCharts. Similar to overflow or build option to import lucid user flow or service map into XD

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  14. One of the top features of Sketch for me are the input fields for distances between two objects (see screenshot). So you can easily adjust the distances between two selected objects

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I love the new 3D transform! It's going to be great for so many projects but I would love for it to have an additional setting that is in both the Illustrator version of rotate as well as 3rd party solutions such as how Protopie does 3D rotate and that it Perspective Depth.

Right now all of the 3D transforms are at the same perspective and while you can change the angle a bit by rotating the object after 3D transforming, it's not ideal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It seems clickable area is set to the exact size of closing icon? Could you make it a bit bigger?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow developers to download smaller sized/lower resolution images, along with other formats like jpg.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to prototype a PDF or other document viewer allowing the user to scroll through a 2-3 page document (images arranged like pages) and then direct them to select the target text on the document.

Telling a user to select the text, they naturally want to drag to highlight and select the text as they would in a text editor or viewer.

I want to simulate that so I tried putting a small box with opacity set to 0% just to the left of the text. Then I copied the object for naming and start position and put it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When recording a preview (within desktop preveiw) it would be nice to select or at least know which Mic is being used if you have more than one. This is important when you have two mics one which is far superior than the other. Please Note that this response was after the chat support suggested to raise it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  20. The current grey makes it usually impossible to see white assets. If adobe could dynamically use a darker grey for images that are almost entirely white, that would help a lot. Currently, I have to change the CSS in devtools if I want to see white assets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)