Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. Allow user to tag or put animation order on symbols or text to determine which animation comes first and which comes last.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Beyond Symbols, there is a need to have reusable Components. Where Symbols are a reusable group of elements, a Component is a reusable group of mini artboards that could be placed into a larger layout.

Having Components:

1) Opens up the possibility of showing on-page interactions without having to duplicate entire artboards of content.

The dream is to have each element only once in an entire project because making a single edit when you have duplicate content is a nightmare. A use case example would be needing to show all the states of a small newsfeed widget with tabs for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! This is in line with what we want to do. All three of these behaviors are actually already captured in UserVoice and are waiting for your upvote!

3. Required Layer effects like inner shadow, Bevel emboss, glow, mode changes like overlay, luminosity etc, image desaturation, brushes, Ruler missiong in Adobe XD

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make non stoppable animation to animate new items for example to catch user attention

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Increase the meta and variable access of layers or Symbols for plugins, such as quickly generating templates.

增加 图层或 Symbol 的 meta 存储和 variable 访问,用于 plugin,例如快速生成模板。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Ruler and Guidelines.
    2. To have the same position in all pages we create.
    3. Please check Adobe Photoshop

and please make this update as soon as possible
    Date - 1 Oct

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Want have extention or plugins for api documentation or want you guys add simple markdown doc write in comment function.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Same sizing of elements

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Eyedropper tool for colors, forms, font… to apply the same parameter from an existing object.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Is XD going to keep getting keyboard shortcuts to increase efficiency when designing? I have photoshop shortcuts memorized so I'm much faster in Photoshop than I am in XD because most things have to be done with the mouse right now. It would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to open the window to change colors of objects and text, keyboard shortcuts like photoshop has to change leading and kerning for text, etc. Anything that can be done to minimize having to go to the right sidebar every time for changes. I didn't see any way to scrub through…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We’re looking at keyboard shortcuts where they make sense. You can already use the same leading and kerning shortcuts from Photoshop. If you have specific keyboard shortcuts you’d like to see, please do file them as separate tickets so that we can better combine them with similar suggestions!

10. As long as I'm working in XD I don't want my Cloud Storage to upload the file I'm working on. Therefore it's necessary to lock it until I close XD. See Affinity Designer in combination with OneDrive for example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. With some practice one can create navigation icons in XD, but it takes practice and a good amount of time if you want anything slightly better than a wire-frame level. I would love to see the ability to change the color of imported vector shapes. In other words, if import some vector mobile icons (simple shapes), I'd love the ability to change their color all at once.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If my client leaves a comment on my prototype, I would like them to receive an email when I reply. Right now, they have to always go back to the link and go through each page to see if I've left a message, or I need to email them to let them know I've responded. It would be much easier if they got the same type of email I do as owner, where I'm notified when a comment is left on my prototype.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I am using Adobe XD from Last two weeks and I found that some basic features are missing in this tool even these features are available in Photoshop and AI(previous design tools of Adobe). So, I would like to mention some of them.

1. No way to export CSS attributes from Design specs, It is too painful for a developer to develop UI without it, Please add this feature ASAP.

2. Can't save whole UI Screens as PDF.

3. Blending Options are missing.

4. Can't add border radius on editable paths.

5. Basic shapes are missing(hexagons/octagons or stars only rectangle and circle is available).

6. Can't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you submit one suggestion per ticket, as it helps us to be able to merge things in with other similar suggestions. Thankfully, most of your suggestions are already in the database. For instance:

Thanks!

14. adobe xd keeps crashing
    ram 8gb
    nvidia quadro 1000m
    Intel® Core™ i7-2640M

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Move artboards from one XD project to another and/or export artboard in XD file format

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I copy an element from Illustrator to Experience Design, the shadow effects are not imported, making a transparent box with nothing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We asked a question a couple of years ago, and I just tried this with the latest versions of Illustrator and XD. Drop shadows copy and paste correctly, so I’m going to mark this as closed. Please do feel free to file this again if you still see this.

18. Now when tapping on a back button twice in succession you're stuck in a loop. This needs to be solved smarter so that you can go back multiple steps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Some feature that I think need to add in XD ASAP
    1. Border Gradient
    2. Dash line
    3. Rounded corner (in stock)
    4. Masking - ( Mask with shape is really painful so it should be something like sketch or photoshop)
    5. Corner radius (shape edit mode) rather than access by the property.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you add a single idea per ticket instead of all of them in one place. The good news is, all of your ideas are already in the database and just need your upvote.

You can already edit the corner radius on the

1 2 8 10 12 52 53