Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

33 results found

1. Adobe hello, please, the following features that improve the functionality of Adobe XD
    1. First, please, add the FTP function in the export menu. The finished project should be able to send assets to FTP server.
    2. It will be useful to greater choice of visual effects transition elements such as animation hiding bar, push effect. Every element loaded on Website Design should be an additional transition settings.
    3. Please add blur effects, and the possibility of cutting elements, as the case OSX.

Best reagrds to all Team :)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you only have one request in each entry, not multiple. As Joan mentioned, we recently shipped blur effects.

Please feel free to upvote the following for your other requests:
    Microinteractions (for your push request): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animate-individual-elements-separately-custom-ani
    Scissor tool/slice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13712892-scissor-tool-slice-vector-path

I’ll file a separate story to track the FTP request and add the original poster as a voter.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Thanks,

-Elaine

2. You already have powerful design tools. Hence, please don't try to re-invent the wheel by providing a 'Design' tab. The right direction for Adobe to go would be to just enhance the current prototyping ability by just letting people import design from other tools from your suite. Currently it breaks really badly when you copy/paste stuff between tools and is quite painful.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Will be great to see such a thing. It will be very helpful and save a lot of time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. What is also crucial whenever a new platform comes is a transition to that platform. What if I have 100+ files in .psd or .ai or .sketch and I really like the new XD platform. That's almost 100% chance. For now, no platform have at least average solution for that. I have files in .ai but I want my team to migrate to .psd or .sketch... and it's time consuming mechanistic manual monkey job.

It would be great and ease the transition if XD will have:
    – Import to XD from .psd, .ai, .sketch with all the artboards
    – Import…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are several different requests here, and I think a bunch of them are already tracked as their own individual suggestions:

Please upvote any of those that you need, so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

You can already bring content into XD from all three of these tools by copy-pasting individual elements/layers. Some of the issues listed in the original request here seem to be related to poor fidelity or other problems when importing content this way. If you’re hitting issues like that, could you please file a new UserVoice bug report with as much detail as possible? Ideally, please share screenshots or even an actual AI/PSD/Sketch file that shows the problem.

Thanks!

5. XD is very optimisation tool like Sketch but Vector Editor no one can beat Adobe illustrator in XD we need like that so soothing vector editors (path finders)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Previous versions can export resources to pxcook

Now the Chinese version of the latest version of this function is not available, please improve it, urgent need

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please bring back this feature. Copying XD vector content to the clipboard and then paste it as fully editable layers into Adobe Illustrator was a super powerful and useful feature.

Sometimes I need to export elements that were created on Xd to illustrator for print or social media, and every time I do this, I have to use the CC libraries now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I think XD will be much better if you can easily export your designs to an environement for low code and make an app directly from it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Well... after trying many times XD and giving up frustrated after every try, I’ve reached some thoughts about why its still unusable for my “particular” user experience:

1. I’ve been doing user interface mock-ups with Illustrator for at least a decade, so my skills are focused on be productive with it and import image assets from Photoshop when needed. Then, I haven’t time to face a learn curve on a new design tool. I want to keep using Illustrator.

2. Being an Adobe CC long time user, I’ve grown with a deep understanding of Adobe CC ecosystem. Each program cooperates with each…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When I copy an element from Illustrator to Experience Design, the shadow effects are not imported, making a transparent box with nothing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We asked a question a couple of years ago, and I just tried this with the latest versions of Illustrator and XD. Drop shadows copy and paste correctly, so I’m going to mark this as closed. Please do feel free to file this again if you still see this.

11. When i copy an artboard in from illustrator into xd, shadows get lost and are not imported. That style should be carried over instead of having to recreate it in xd

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Think about it - Xd+Dw, Mu, Ps, etc. I am not talking about all in one (Although, that would be extremely awesome!). In Comp, we have the ability to "Send to InDesign." We should be able to, by the click of a button, send a project (with all layers editable) to other programs that have the ability build websites, UI's, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hello,

I am performing a server to cloud migration for a client who is heavily using Adobe XD integration with their Jira installation. I have been unable to find any documentation on how to migrate the links from server to cloud.

Is there a migration process you can point me to or assist with this in any way? I have yet to be able to even find away to identify which issues have Adobe XD links without manually checking each issue. At this point I am thinking of starting to look directly in the DB but even If I find…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Gradients in library assets are occasionally incorrectly imported - the gradient type changes the start/stop positions of each colour changes, and occasionally the gradient doesnt exist or gets converted to a fixed fill colour.

The assets are generated in Illustrator, and then added to a Cloud Library, and then get added to the XD file.

Copy and paste from Illustrator and XD also seems to exhibit this bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I have a question about publishing an XD work on Behance. I have a project published on Behance but it can't be projected. It gives an error. Has anyone faced the same issue? If so can you help me solve this problem?

P.S. I couldn't upload the screenshot of the error I got.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Previous versions of XD's Zeplin had the ability to sync guides from XD layouts to Zeplin, but per Zeplin: "It is no longer possible to view grids for designs published from XD due to a limitation from Adobe XD Plugin APIs."

Please fix this so our developers can view grids again.

Zeplin notes it here. The ability to show guides remains with Figma and Sketch:
    https://support.zeplin.io/en/articles/774207-exporting-grid-layouts-from-design-tools

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When you save a file that was edited in photoshop, nothing happens. On my non m1 machine- edits are reflected back in xd

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Is the adobe xd using dp unit inside the software? with 160 dpi? medium dip ? 1 dp = 1 px ?

how can i know?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. What if we can provide an opportunity to a user to use your tool directly in someone else's website.
    Like my website is https://herequote.com/
    I wish visitors can directly use tools on my website and I pay a monthly fee for this to you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I currently can't make a change in the DSP or CC Library and have them synced up when I build or publish either version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1