Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

36 results found

1. Now that Adobe XD allows designers to measure all their elements. There's still the problem of having to deliver the design to the developers. They always require a spec sheet with the measurements. They don't want to download Adobe XD because they think it's hard to use, and would rather have a PDF opened instead.

It would be great to have a feature where I can have the measurements present itself on the page when I export to PDF, instead of having to manually type in the measurements as well as drawing the lines between the elements of my app…

736 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We’ve released the Design Specs feature in our November release this week as a Beta. You can now publish a Design Spec directly from XD, and your developer can get measurements of objects by selecting the object from the detail view of the screen. We’re working on additional functionality for this feature and are looking for feedback, so please try it out and file new feature requests in this area against the Design Specs feature area.

Thanks,

-Elaine

2. For any given vector pieces, to be able to copy from XD and cut to illustrator. We can do it in the other way for now, but it would be great if it could work the other way too.

To rework an icon for example, or trick an object with more advanced tools like in illustrator. Why ? It's faster than to export to svg and export it back again. It would also allow to keep your objects scaled the same way.

624 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is now available in the March release! If you don’t see an update, select the … icon in the Creative Cloud desktop app and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have further feedback on this feature, please feel free to file a new ticket!

3. It would be useful to be able to label text styles as paragraph, h1, h2, link etc and then be able to export a text file that would include all of those styles to pass on to the developer

444 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all! In our August release, we’ve introduced our Assets Panel, which allows you to aggregate specific styles in one place for reuse. You can read more about this new feature here: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/august-update-of-adobe-xd/

We do have a separate story about handing off to developers here, which you should upvote if you care about the handoff part of things: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12951915-generate-specs-measurements-style-guide-for-de

Let us know what you think in a new idea here in UserVoice.

-Elaine

4. Exported PDF are too big. Please add compression options like InDesign.

396 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  arosiu responded

As of XD version 26, exported PDF file size is down by up to 90%, while retaining the current quality level.

Thank you for all your feedback!

5. The best animation tool... gotta communicate with AE like PS

385 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to announce that with version 13 you can export your designs from XD to After Effects. Layers, artboards, symbols, groups and artwork are transferred as editable and with great visual fidelity.

Here’s how it works:
    1. In XD, select the layers or artboards you want to animate in After Effects.
    2. Go to: File> Export > After Effects. If After Effects is not installed on your machine, this option is greyed out. You can also use the ⌥⌘F (Mac), or Ctrl+Alt+F (Windows) keyboard shortcuts.
    3. The selected layers or artboards are added as native shapes, texts, assets, and nested compositions in your AE project.

Here’s the list with what’s supported and not supported at this time: https://helpx.adobe.com/ro/xd/kb/open-after-effects-files-in-xd.html

Thanks for voting this feature and let us know how it works!

Best,
    Dan Tuhoarca

6. It will be great to add an export option from Adobe XD to flutter

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The ability to select my sizes for export would be nice. At times I work on apps (as strange as it may sound) that do not require all resolutions of artwork (1x, 2x, 3x) An option to select my would be great. Similar to how Sketch handles it.

287 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need to share Adobe XD assets library to other CC users. Not only Illustrator CC libraries, but XD colors/fonts/symbols lybraries. It's a must!

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

9. We often send clients JPGs to show them the design, would be good to be able to export individual/all artboards (like in illustrator).

202 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that JPG export is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

10. I like the idea that you simplify layers and groups. But when we come to code flow, renaming all assets after export is very waste of time.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add PDF to list of export options for Vector assets in addition to just SVG.

PDF contain embedded sizing information (in points), allowing assets to be used directly in iOS with no manual rasterization necessary.

This would allow an iOS/OSX developer to export vector assets just once, and import directly into XCAssets library immediately with no intermediate steps.

Here's how this is accomplished with Illustrator today: http://martiancraft.com/blog/2014/09/vector-images-xcode6/

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently if I design mobile app assets at 1x I have to rescale individual assets at different sizes to export them seperately per platform.

I'd really like to see a one click export for both platforms from a 1x designed screen. 1x screesn are key when testing and there isn't an option setup a project at different scales.

Majority of my assets are vector, especially for the all important app iconography.

Photoshop has something like this at the moment be great to see something like this in XD.

Thanks

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently have this feature built into the export in Adobe XD. You can export, select the device type, and then click on export for multiple versions. You can also now batch export by marking an asset or a group for batch export, then select Export > Batch.

13. It's cool that we now have the option of exporting SVG files with the february update - But unless I'm blind it does not seem like there is any option to name the file that one wants to export? It would be very nice if it was possible to choose a custom filename like "car.svg" rather than "Path 823.svg" for instance.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'd like to be able to export SVG so that I can output my vector artwork.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like to be able to export my assets and artboards to PDF.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now export to PDF in the Windows version of Adobe XD. To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

16. This was previously suggested but it seemed like it needed to be reposted (if not, feel free to delete this request).

Outside of maybe SVG for obviously (?) reasons, the exported file looks pixelated. The exports do not look presentable--I've been better off with screenshots but screenshots are screenshots. I would love if this request gets a second look.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The title says it. Since the original request for "Export to JPG" (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12942069-export-to-jpg) was completed, though not fully, I'm adding this request to add exporting of JPEG @2x resolution.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In previous versions of Adobe XD we were able to past the SVG code of an object copied from XD to text editor like Visual Studio Code. But now this feature is not working. When I copy an object from XD with Ctrl+C and paste it to text editor with Ctrl+V nothing happens. Can you please restore this behavior as it was before.

XD Version: 29.2.32

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I fully transitioned to XD from Sketch, but I need to copy some of my work back into Sketch to share with other people.

When I try to paste, I get an image and the export SVG has missing fonts, images and colors.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1