Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

68 results found

1. Need Little bit tapping/hover effect on list/buttons/links during presentation to client. Its give an actual working product feel and help to make decision.

rollover, mouseover

8,933 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 6,546 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Since you already started with scrollable area inside artboard, it would be awesome if we could define sticky header. For example, one page website has a lot of content, but I want to create sticky header so when I scroll down, it stays at the top. Maybe you could add the option so we can define the group and assign the sticky header option to it. That way on any artboard we can just assign that option to it and that's it.

5,545 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fixed elements are finally here!! We’re incredibly excited to announce that you can select any top-level element in your artboard and click “Fixed Position” to fix your element anywhere in the viewport.

To learn more about this feature, watch the video here: https://youtu.be/3fWBkV5S6U4

Please do continue to file and upvote issues in UserVoice – your voice really does make a difference!

-Elaine

4. 5,142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The anchor link that target the specific part of the page. This is the significant user experience on web usability where user can "back to top" or can navigate (i.e. from menu bar) to the specific sessions without the need to scroll through entire pages.

3,460 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2,235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re so excited to announce that overlays are now available in our June release! With this feature, you can set any artboard as the overlay target of another artboard and visually place it in the right place in the viewport. Please do let us know what improvements you’d like to see in this feature as individual tickets in UserVoice – we’re listening!

To learn more about overlays: https://youtu.be/3fWBkV5S6U4

-Elaine

7. I was so excited about the new symbols feature that I made all of my navbars in a design a symbol. This may be one of the most obvious uses of symbols, since every page will almost always have the same navbar. But you can't connect objects inside a symbol. Therefore, you can't connect nav items, icons, logos in a nav bar.

Either allow connects for objects inside symbols, but don't propagate them in all instances, or DO propagate them in all instances. But you HAVE to be able to connect objects inside symbols in prototype mode.

Otherwise, we can…

570 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable timed transition, something triggered by timing and not by user interactions (e.g. a notification from a server or a splash screen going away in a couple of seconds).

545 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now use timed transitions in the September release of XD! If you can’t see the update, select … from the Creative Cloud desktop application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have additional suggestions for this feature, please file a separate request!

9. First of all: I LOVE XD! Thanks for this great software!

My issue is, that sharing the prototype on the web is nice, but our customers request to see the prototype on their mobile devices - but not with the online link, because they can't see the complete screen without scrolling and that looks not like an app more than a webpage.

Now the only possibility is to download the xd app, login or register and connect the mobile device with the computer, where the file is open. How can our customer see and test the prototype in the same…

365 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With the new release of XD, we have made few improvements in the viewing and navigation elements on mobile browsers. Now, you can scroll up to dismiss the browser chromes on mobile browsers. You can also pinch to minimize the artboard and access the navigation controls.
    Please try out the enhancements and share your feedback with us.

Best Regards
    Rizurekh Saha

10. 349 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the launch of the Padding feature in XD 26, you can add padding to a group. This controls the background of the group, or if it has no background it adds safe-space to the object.

That safe-space translates over as a hotspot in prototype mode, enabling you to interact with areas that are larger than the visible shape.

Learn more about the new padding feature here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/set-fixed-padding-for-components-groups.html

11. Ability to copy wires along with assets. For example, if I have a home button that will always link to the same page, it would be helpful if I didn't have to wire the button each time. This would also be helpful when duplicating artboards so the links stay intact. For example, if I need to show a dropdown menu, I would do this by duplicating the artboard and adding a wire to the dropdown menu. In this case, I would want all the existing wires to stay the same.

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now paste wires with the objects in the May 2017 release of Adobe XD! Simply switch to prototype mode, and the objects will paste with their wires. You can copy and paste artboards with the wires between them intact, even to other files.

To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

12. Possibilities of use lottiefiles (json files) on design and prototype modes with micro interactions and animations.

Lottie

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone!

I’m excited to share that importing Lottie JSON is now supported in XD 45 (released on 10/26). You can drag and drop Lottie JSON directly into the canvas and control when it plays back or whether it loops. In addition, we have partnered with the LottieFiles team and are also introducing a plugin to find Lottie animations more easily. Go get it!

13. When previewing prototype need to be able to maintain page scroll position between screens to support interaction and animation behaviours (in Preview).

255 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like the ability to move an overlay through it's own transitions without impacting the underlying area.

For example, let's say you have a button that says Help.
    Click Help
    Overlay slides in with message box, asks a question.
    User clicks Yes. Msgbox transitions to a new box, but underlying background (not part of the transition) remains.

I have a problem like this where I have a drawer a user can expand over the contents to activate slides and switches. Problem is, once you start trying to use that toolbox, the background is lost.

Overlays seem to only be…

228 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We introduced the concept of component states, which can be used with overlays to enable the type of interaction you’re looking for. Definitely check it out on letsxd.com, and please feel free to file a separate ticket if you still need overlay states with the new functionality.

15. I´m designing for several screens at once and would like to be able to create separate links for the different screens. Eg one for desktop, one for tablet and one for phone. So that I easily can work on all the screens at once and don't have to change files.

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. What is it with Adobe's hatred of sound? They keep coming out with apps that make it easier to assemble web sites yet ALWAYS exclude sound. There are a lot of creative projects I'd like to work on with Adobe but they require sound files. From a web site where you click and drag loops to mix the audio live, to a kid's virtual zoo where you click on an animal to hear the sound it makes, to a site made for visually-impared people who have to navigate by sound, to a site about how orchestras work where you can…

207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. hovering "settings option" which list the settings and while hovering those options I need another list

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I've started using XD in office for wireframing live projects.

Now when I record the prototype video, I often need to narrate what's going on - esp if it's a WIP. This would help to kick-off future conversations with the client in the right direction.

Hence a record 'mic audio' option in XD would be extremely useful.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Full screen should go full screen. InVision App allows a full-screen takeover when viewing a prototype. Why does the content go into a small rectangle centered in the browser with Adobe product notes in the corners? I am designing full screen, the prototype should follow that format. There is no need to see things like the date and time or "Made with Adobe XD." My client doesn't care, they are not designers. The client is my focus.

2. Upon clicking the "Fullscreen" button in the top corner, the screen still has a black background bordering the content. It should snap to…

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Would like to have an option for NO transition effect. Dissolve transition effect looks awkward when just wanting to toggle between buttons in playing the prototype.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4