Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Refresh button on Prototype view

There should be a button on prototype view window where we can just refresh our prototype instead of closing and playing the prototype again. An example of this exists in Protopie prototype window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

not-a-feature-request  ·  4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Update Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for High Sierra Mac OS

Please update! I keep getting warnings that the software will not work on the next Mac OS release. I need this program to do my job!!!!

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • I want to be able to adjust the height of the text box

Now the height of the text box of the text cannot be changed. I hope that we can provide us with the value of the text box and change the fixed height of the text box.

7 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Keep RAW support for windows 8

I understand you have stopped updates for Windows 8 computers. While I absolutely hate this, the worst part is I can't open up RAW files from my new EOS R since you have tied RAW support to new updates!!!

This has essentially rendered Lightroom/photoshop useless and I'm paying $50 a month for software with 0 support.

I still think that you should either get Lightroom 8 working or offer an upgrade to win 10 (costs $150/computer) but at minimum, keep RAW support going so your creators can keep working!!!

I now have to spend $150/computer to update them, do hours…

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Can you make XD daily challenges incorporate some coding?

I am participating in trial 2-week with www.Thinkful.com community which has a great background in coding and provides structured feedback from assignment mentors. Unfortunately, you will have to pay to complete the bootcamp but I wish XD daily has a little bit of this focus. They also have online chats throughout the day on how to think like a data scientist.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add menu for cycle through windows

I think we should have a cycle through windows option under Window menu in the top. When I open multiple Adobe XD files, I can't cycle through the windows with any keyboard shortcut. I have to hold the mouse left key on the Adobe XD icon from the dock that wastes time for me every time.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-feature-request  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • So let me get this straight admins of this site!

I post a new request for a critical issue to be fixed specifying exactly what we need, and guess what :) It gets merged with a request that has been "UNDER REVEW" for more than 2 years! Just a polite way of saying we don't wanna bother ourselves with this :)

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out again. Please note that what we’re trying to do is aggregate feedback to see how many people are interested in a feature. In fact, adding to a feature that is “under consideration” is MUCH better than sitting as a request with only one vote. We’ve been working on many of our top 10 issues over these past two years, and the features under consideration are closer to the feature hopper than others. Hope that helps!

• Asset Search

Asset search would be extreamly useful. Especially when using an icon library for example.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• How to scale an SVG relative to its canvas size with the command line

Recently, i am facing a crazy problem. I'm trying to create a pipeline for rendering my vector graphics. Basically, I am trying to upscale the vector by 16 times, rasterize it, then downscale to supersample it back down to native resolution, which is based on the SVG's canvas.

I'm trying to do this with ImageMagick but from what I have read it isn't possible because you have to explicitly tell ImageMagick the canvas size by pixels, and not by a percentage/multiplying.

I use Adobe Illustrator 22.1 64-bit to create my SVG's, and ImageMagick 7.0.7-25 Q16 x64.

Thanks & Regards
                    Camillelola …

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Save UI Page as Image

Have save to image file such as .JPEG , .PNG, or PDF

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can use “Export” for an artboard – select the artboard by clicking on the title, Cmd+E (Mac) or Ctrl+E (Win), then select what option you want to export to – JPG, PNG, or PDF.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

• Retina format option

Hi Adobe!

Actually we have 2 options to export our assets of a desktop design:
                        The "design" mode or the "web" mode with a x2. The thing is that this both formats have the same size!

The quality is not good and I need a Retina format (a REAL x2 size) to export in better quality.
                        So for a picture 100x120px, I have to export in 200x240px to preserve a good quality. After that, the developers reduce the size by 2 BUT the quality is really better.

Retina format is now a really needed feature to produce high quality websites.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • I can't pay for XD CC

I tried to pay after my beta expired but I got an error saying I can't pay from Nigeria.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Assets kits

I want to know why the user interface kit are no longer accessible directly to the click in the software.
                            When I click on : Apple ios / Google Material / Miscrosof Windows.
                            I am redirected to the download page

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your inquiry! We shifted to having a link so that you can get the latest UI kits at any time. Often, the OS developers (like Apple, Google, and Microsoft) update the OS and its paradigms, and the UI kits within the product lag by a couple of months. By giving the OS manufacturers control over the UI kits, you can get the latest design elements faster.

-Elaine

• Adobe XD, Please speed up your development process

Software like Principle and Finto are miles ahead of you guys, and personally I would prefer to stick to Adobe, so please catch up!

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We are working on a number of things under wraps that are moving the needle forward! We are also trying to maintain the quality and performance that Adobe XD is known for!

Stay tuned!

Elaine

• There is no top option bar on the screen!

I use a windows laptop and when I open up the application there is no bar at the top that says things like "file, edit, object, view, window, help"!!!This is a hug problem that needs fixing immediately

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out to us! Our design for Windows 10 follows UWP design guidelines, which removes the top menu bar. All of the file commands that you’re used to are underneath the burger menu in the upper left-hand corner. All of the object commands, however, are in the context menu, which you can find by right clicking on an object or group.

Hope that helps!

Elaine

• Make your UX designers use XD and ONLY XD for everything they do.

Your tool is lacking in such basic and critical functionality that it is nearly unusable for a professional to use in a real work environment, with deadlines, quality of deliverables, asset hand off, etc that these basic enhancements would easily be addressed if you had the right group prioritizing the backlog.

That means UX DESIGNERS, not product owners, should own this backlog.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Our product designers use XD every day, and we design XD using XD. We also work very closely with a huge number of designers who all tell us what to do. (And yes, we have designers as product owners.)

-Elaine

• I can't delete a color after adding

After add a color, I can't delete it. I have tried the right mouse button and remove, for example (just tried as a option).
                                    I have added a wrong color on my color palette and I want to delete it. How I can do that?!
                                    Thank you

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Email PDF of receipt of my Adobe subscription

As a corporate user of the Adobe Creative Cloud, I expense the monthly charge to my company. When dealing with the Adobe system, the user has to log in to get a PDF receipt of the monthly charges. The system should be configured to allow the user to select one of two options: 1) email a receipt to the email address on file 2) email a notification that the receipt is available (with a link to the pdf after login).

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out to us! Unfortunately, as a product team, we don’t control this part of the subscription process. I have, however, submitted your request through the employee requests portal on your behalf so that the team in charge of that part of the product will see it.

I’m closing this request as “not a feature request,” as it’s not an XD-specific feature request.

-Elaine

• Edit posts

Would be nice if I could edit my post in this forum instead of having to delete it and post it all over again, for instance if I forgot to attach an image or similar.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not a feature request, as it is a request about UserVoice and not about XD. That being said, you can edit your posts if you are logged into the UserVoice system, with your own username and password.

Hope that helps!

Elaine

• Ability to vote on comments in this website

Not sure where to post this idea, because it's more about this feedback website than about Xd itself. I wish we could vote on people's comments, not just on the idea itself. Sometimes the best ideas are buried within the comments, and I fear that they're getting lost.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! You should definitely suggest this to the UserVoice team at www.uservoice.com. I’ll also pass this along to UserVoice the next time I talk to them. In the meantime, I’m marking this is not a feature request with us because it’s not specifically about XD. Thanks!

Elaine

← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base