Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. there was problem converting your sketch library adobe xd on latest update

there was problem converting your sketch library adobe xd on latest update on windows 10 and importing sketch assets the file of Hofmann Responsive UI Kit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard shortcut between text inputs

It would be great to have a shortcut to jump between text inputs, including within repeat grids.

For example, tab to move to next text box.

Example image shows why this is necessary, I have a lot of similar pages that require typing in a lot of different text boxes.

Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. break components instead of ungroup components

Instead of having the option to ungroup components it would be much better to have an option to break components and turn them back to groups with the same name as the component, if I then want to un-group its a simple keystroke to do so. Right now I have to go back in and re-group and re-name every component that was just ungrouped.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reset different aspects of a component

Currently "Reset to master component" resets all aspects of a component including text overwrites and color overwrites.

I'd like to have the option to keep specific overrides of a component on reset. e.g.:
    - Keep text overwrites
    - Keep color overwrites
    - Keep image overwrite

This would help to keep content and design separated and be very helpful. Especially If local adjustments where made and master was changed afterwards

Currently "Reset to master component" is the same as "Delete component" + "Paste master in original position". As a result I need to re-enter everything again.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to switch from thumbnails to list view on recent projects on opening screen.

Most file names are too long to be read in thumbnail view, I would prefer to see them in a list. I would be useful to have the option to switch just like in PS' opening screen.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. additional 0.5 pixel for line's x and y position is annoying

Especially in a group, lines gives the group additional 0.5px x and y which is so annoying for pixel purfect :D

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cannot select object underneath in Design Specs

オブジェクトの選択について

「デザインスペック」画面で、
    重なっているオブジェクトの枚数が多いと、
    オブジェクトが選択ができないようです。
    (階層が下のオブジェクトが選択できない?)

オブジェクト間の正確なマージンが取れずに困っています。
    修正のご検討、よろしくお願いいたします。

About selecting objects

On the "Design Spec" screen,
    If the number of overlapping objects is large,
    It seems that you can not select an object.
    (Can not select object with hierarchy below??)

I am in trouble because I can not get an accurate margin between objects.
    Consideration of correction, thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  2 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to publish all screens even without prototyping

If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  81 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show the layer names on design spec mode

When the developer clicks an element, the layer name is not shown. Today he can only see the type of that layer ("Rectangle", "Text", "Group", etc). If the layer name was shown the designers could append information on that layer like the asset name or the color variable that should be used on that element.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  6 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cancel publish during upload

By mistake i choose publish proto and update link - how to cancel it? - i have to close the file to cancel an activity.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. show date of last update for each screen

At this time one can see "The date when the design specs was last updated"

When working on a living project, with constant improvements, or in general during development phase, it would be pretty handy for
    - developers (identify what to do)
    - testers/customers/responsible persons (what to review)
    to easily see that there where changes on special screen since last look by showing date and time of last update for each screen.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  0 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Activity stream in shared files

I'd like to see an overview of all the activities and comments on all of the pages within a document that is shared. Otherwise there's quite a good possibility of missing some.

Something like Invision has would be great:
    https://support.invisionapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000633426-Activity-Stream

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We are looking into the possibility of something like this. If you’d be willing to chat more about what your needs are around this activity stream, please ping me at tan@adobe.com

Joan Lafferty (Product Manager)

14. Share Again – don’t copy URL on Saved-As

I often ‘save as’ my app, and rebrand it for a different client. Despite renaming the saved-as file, if I SHARE AGAIN, it will remember the old URL – and sometimes I’m tired enough to accidentally over-write the file. This would be disastrous with clients! Please forget the URL of a saved-as file.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  3 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Update interaction wires across symbols / components (keep in sync)

Adding a wire to an object inside a symbol or changing a wire inside a symbol should create/change the same wire/link across other instances of that symbol in the same way styles/text etc changes other instances.

This would allow navigation to be edited throughout a project.

I love the convenience of symbols, and I love that we can now add links to objects within a symbol, but not being able to propagate that interaction to other symbols is a problem for me.

409 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  124 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Drop shadow binds to border

When adding a drop shadow to an object it binds to the border.

This means that if an object does not have a border or a fill (in the instance where you would want to create a glass like effect it is not possible)

We have tested and verified that this is counter to how the browsers behave - this is the test example we used:

https://jsfiddle.net/j911t7kp/1/

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to view team prototypes

Ability to view team prototypes. Similar to how you can view team assets. So that I as a creative director, or other team members can quickly find and reference prototypes completed by other team members

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are exploring some ideas around this. If you have more ideas on how you think this should work, send me mail. How would you define your team, for example?

18. Add some basic editing features for mobile app

Hope to see some basic editing features for mobile app. This could be really helpful for prototyping.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Embed fonts for 'untethered' mobile preview from Creative Cloud

Would be nice if fonts were embedded into the XD file. If not you aren't able to preview the app design with the correct font from iOS or android when syncing from creative cloud.

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sync Mobile Preview to reflect desktop Preview window or viewport / scroll position

I like the live editing on mobile, that's a good case.

However, I'd like the ability for the mobile device to reflect where I am in my artboard when working in XD on my Mac.

Example -- I'm designing a mobile page and I scroll down to the footer; currently I'd have to manually scroll to the footer on my device to reflect what I'm working on.

Example II -- I'm in prototype mode on my Mac, and I click a button to move to a linked artboard. I'd expect this interaction to be mirrored on the mobile device, but…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base