Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. I wish there was a preview or screenshots of the plugins. Most of the plugins without a screenshot won't help me download it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Starting in XD’s November 2019 release (XD 24), the plugin listing does feature screenshots.

Every newly added/updated plugin is required to provide at least one screenshot, to ensure you always have this useful info to go on when choosing which plugins to install.

2. When you are working with many different fonts it's handy to name them to keep check of what you are working with. However when uploading the design specs to hand over to the developer, it lists the font styles WITHOUT the custom names.

Please can you upload the style names too?

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. As more and more plugins are added the the Xd ecosystem, this will quickly become an over-saturated market where distinguishing between high-quality, helpful tools and junk addons will become very difficult.

It will also become increasingly difficult to view, manage, update, and check out new plugins. I would love to see some better filtering options so I can quickly see what's new, what's trending, which of my current plugins need updates, etc. Tagging and categorizing plugins, providing popularity, feedback and ratings would also help establish a better experience for all users.

I also find many plugins so far do not…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most of the requests here are now available as of XD 24 (November 2019 release): you can rate plugins from 1-5 stars; sort by rating or popularity or updated date; and view plugins by category (tags).

Specific feedback is still directed to each plugin author rather than a commenting system within XD’s plugin listing UI — every plugin in the listing is required to have a link where you can contact their support or report bugs, though.

4. It will be great to add an export option from Adobe XD to flutter

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We need a keyboard shortcut to quickly and easily switch the grid layout on and off

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to import PSDs into XD projects. Right now we have to Open the PSD, then copy the assets from that new project into the XD project we're working on. It would be a major improvement in workflow if we could simply use the Import feature which is currently limited to JPGs, PNGs, GIFs and SVGs.

This would remove the 2 extra steps of 1) exporting the PSD into a PNG and 2) copying assets from opened PSD into current project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be very helpful to have a Convert Point Tool (I believe it's called) where you can edit all of your paths that you created with the actual Pen Tool itself. I know XD is supposed to be much more simple than Illustrator is, but there are some things that a person just needs to learn before he gets into a design and this is one of them. Honestly, the only reason I switched from Ai to Xd is that the overall work experience is a lot better but not having features like this one annoys me very much.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already convert an anchor point on a path in XD, from straight to curved, or curved to straight. To do so while drawing a new path with the Pen tool, simply double-click on the last point you created. To convert a point on a path you’ve already created, double-click on the path you want to edit with the Select tool, then double-click on any point on the path to convert it.

8. I can't find Adobe XD in App Store of China

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

We’ve just launched XD mobile in the China App Store! Please check it out and let us know what you think!

9. Accessing plugins on Windows is a minimum of 3 clicks (usually 4 since most plugins have their own sub-menu). This is very tiresome with the workflow of most plugins, which require you to rerun them anytime you want to try a different feature or change something. Mac users have a native top navigation bar, so plugins are only 1-2 clicks away for them, which is an improvement but still pretty annoying with some plugins.

The current Windows workflow for interacting with a plugin is this:
    Hamburger Menu>Plugins>"Plugin">"Plugin Option"

There are several ways this could be improved for Windows users (and…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If i publish a prototype privately and i invite another designer on the team, the designer should be able to view my prototype on his XD mobile app just like it was his

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I have a lot of stakeholders that need access to any given prototype. I'd like to be able to invite a user group to a private prototype so I don't have to manage individual users on a single link.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to use a PC keyboard as a trigger to make prototypes of products using hardware switches.

By using USB devices you can use various switch parts.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/FLINT-%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%82%92%E4%BD%9C%E3%82%8D%E3%81%86%E3%81%9C%EF%BC%81%E3%82%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%88/dp/B0785PB468

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add a shortcut for the Eyedropper. From the document listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/keyboard-shortcuts.html there doesn't seem to be one at the moment.

Thank you.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Would love to be able to search for keywords in the plugin manager (i.e. "icons", "data") so finding related plugins will be easer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi, I can't believe how there's 0 sync with Illustrator. I design all my screens there as it is more useful than Xd tools but I can't export them to it. I tried SVG and PSD but didn't work as I wanted. Why isn't so simple as draggin the elements as I always do from Ai to Ps or viceversa? Please, this would be a really useful feature, hope you consider it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the most recent update to Adobe XD (released Oct 15, 2018), you can now open your Illustrator files from right inside XD and it will automatically convert into a new XD file, retaining artboards, layers, and editability.

16. Unlike other Adobe applications adding colors in XD is not intuitive or even able to be accomplished without clicking on a drawn asset or word. Why is there a greyed out "+" next to the word "colors" under assets?

It would better serve the designer to give them the ability to import all assets up front to include any swatches or themes they have created using Adobe Capture CC. This is currently not allowed as all themes created online, in Photoshop or Illustrator come up as "unsupported" when looking in the CC libraries panel.

Not one designer I've spoken to…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I really liked the new October 2018 update where you have Linked Symbols across multiple files, especially when you made a source file.

I would like to also have this ability for character styles as I have many websites that all need to share the same UI style guide. I often change my mind about the font size, colour, line spacing and etc.

If I had this, then making a source file that links with multiple design files will make life so much easier to manage. Without having to go to each file and update...

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

18. Please provide more supported languages on Voice-Based Prototypes. I think that this is a fantastic feature.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Great Adobe XD for Jira is available. But only for Jira Cloud version. Does this plugin will be available for Jira Server version? It would be great !

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Вы забыли маски!!! на windows. Куда пропали маски на windows

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mask with Shape already exists! You can access it using the context menu if you have two objects selected, or by pressing Shift+Ctrl+M.

For more information: https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/952982467769548800

Маска с формой уже существует! Вы можете получить доступ к нему, используя контекстное меню, если у вас есть два объекта, или нажав Shift + Ctrl + M.

Для получения дополнительной информации: https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/952982467769548800

Это сообщение было переведено машиной.

1 2 5 7 9 31 32