Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Remove "Copy of" text from filename when I "Save As" — Change to number increment

Every time I want to save a new iteration of my file, I hit Command+Shift+S to "Save As".

XD automatically adds "copy of" to the beginning of the filename and I have to delete it every. Single. Time.

Does anybody actually names their files this way? You'd end up with "copy of copy of copy of copy of filename" instead of a simple numbered "filename 5".

Would be cool to see XD smartly increase the number by 1 every time like it does with the artboards.…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. enable the download of xd files direct from adobe cloud.

today you only have the option to delete

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I nearly panicked tonight trying to find a file I knew I had saved after working on it all day. With XD on Win 10, the "save as" experience is no longer what 99.99% of all other programs do, and what Adobe has done for 2 decades plus.

When you "save as" in the creative cloud, typically the program you're in just opens a file explorer to save the file in whatever folder you select. Instead, you've created some "Name your document" interface that is ambiguous in it's function. If I save to cloud documents, the interface goes away and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please, add functionalities to CC Libraries like:
    - change file preview: large icons view with name, details view with names and other information;
    - possibility to sort the file by name, date, last modified,....;
    - possibility to have a default or customizable background to turn on and off;

I would like to put on your attention the worst case for me: the large icons view works fine only with coloured icons, not with white icons, because of the white background (that depends on the artboards) doesn't allow to me to see a white icon, and without the names of the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently there is no way to know which artboard is the "Home Artboard" outside of Prototype mode, and there's no way of changing it in design mode.

I make a lot of presentations/decks in XD and I don't often use prototype mode. When I share a prototype/deck I assume the first slide is going to be the artboard in the upper left because this the default order for unlinked artboards in XD: left-to-right, top-to-bottom.

I currently don't have any visual indication (in design mode) as to which artboard is my "home artboard." Which means sometimes I don't know that my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently the stroke width is animated with auto-animate,
    would be cool also to get the "Trim Paths"-style (After Effects) stroke
    length animation for creating animations for outlined illustrations.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Stroke dash and gap values can now be animated as of today’s release! If you don’t see the update immediately, you can go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, select Updates, the … button in the upper right, and “Check for updates.”

7. As of now we can only stack elements on top of each other. However the ability to inject one object into another (like in the DOM tree in HTML) would greatly improve our ability to design interfaces that react to different content sizes and different context sizes.
    Manual responsive resize is a very good step to design the behavior among elements, but as of now it only works in one direction: Increasing the size of the group generates sensible positioning of the child elements. But often it should work the other way around: Increase the amount of text or the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I do appreciate the effort of including new languages (like Portuguese-BR) on Adobe XD. Even though I live in Brazil, I'm used to work with softwares and apps in English.

I would really like to have the option to change the language of Adobe XD, without have to change the language on my OS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow for multiple interactions on a single elements. Aka, be able to drag multiple wires from a single object.

Use case 1: When designing a carousel, a user should be able to swipe on an object left or right and navigate to the next or previous slide.

Use case 2: When designing an app with similar interactions to Bumble or Tinder, the test subject should be allowed multiple interactions on the same object. Swipe up, down, left, or right.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We introduced the ability to add multiple interactions on a single element in the most recent version of XD. You can select an object and select the + button on the wire or in the prototype mode property inspector to add an interaction!

10. Our team names xd files to link to jira tickets. It'd be very helpful for the cloud to have a folder structure for separating releases into batches.

158 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In CC Library, I should see the character styles I created named by the name I assigned, not the typeface. e.g. I should see "H1", "H2", "Body" instead of "Roboto", Roboto", Roboto"
    (Is this a feature request? it certainly seems like a bug...)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It will be awesome if you can consider XD for creating Artwork for Instagram Stories, Posts, FB, etc

No tool is solving this beautifully, request you to consider this option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. XD insists on saving my documents to Cloud Documents by default all the time. I haven't made such a decision and there's' no way of changing the default. I wanna save to "Your Computer" all the time. I really miss a "Remember this choice" option. Please stop making decisions on my behalf Adobe.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please create the option to download assets as JPGs from design specs. As of right now, there are only options to download as PNG or PDF. JPG seems pretty odd to exclude. Additionally, it would be great if you could have the ability to control your batch export preferences.

199 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When you Ctrl+click to do direct selection then you also select layers with 0% opacity, which means that you are not selecting what you see.

With Auto Animate I have begun to place layers on top of each other, and in next artboard move them into final position to simulate foldout. This will also transition from 0 to 100% opacity, which is why I don't simply hide the layers.

This makes it difficult to edit what is visible and layered behind the top layers of 0% opacity.
    E.g. if I then want to edit a text field then I cannot…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Thought that the ability to clear the recent list used to be available but not seeing it anymore in the File > Open Recent menu. If it's gone—please bring it back.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I'm creating a button and want to add 4 px rounded corners to it, instead of guessing what 4px looks and dragging the cursor like I would like to be able to enter that the corners should be 4px in the sidebar near where the height and width are set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PLEASE add a Zoom capability for "Share for Review" public links. Unbelievable that when sharing a URL with a client of a website that is 1920x5950 that there is no way to zoom the image to fill the full width of the screen so they can actually read the text and see what their web page will look like. Why does the public link only allow the full height of the artboard to be displayed and not allow a zoom-and-scroll functionality? We've had to resort to sharing designs in Dropbox and using that zoom and comment functionality because XD never…

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can we get "Open from your computer" in the mac file menu. It is painful to go have to click twice to open files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My company has the design system and components in Zeroheight, as it makes our designs to be consistent and is an easy way to share assets. I would be ideal if XD could integrate this plugin for our work and to push other designers to start using XD (as at the moment they consider this a blocker)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)