Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use multiple instances of the same swatches

It would be great to add multiple instances of the same color to the Color asset library using labels to differentiate each instance. The same color might be used across multiple components and UI elements across the document, sometimes its necessary to only tweak just one instance of the color and not make a global change.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! If you need to make a local change and unlink something from a color from the asset library, select the object and open the color picker in the property inspector on the right hand side. The changes there won’t reflect across your canvas, only on the individual object. Hope that helps!

2. Supported spanish on Voice-Based Prototypes

Please provide spanish supported on voice based prototypes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Diffrent language

The voice is coming in different language

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable objects to animate before users interact to get their attention

I'm trying to figure out how to make apps/sites more user friendly for non-tech-savvy folk or first timers to an app/site.

Each object (buttons, pics, arrows, etc..) could have a set of options to get user's attention before they even touch the screen. This would be very useful for drawing their attention to actions they need to take/choose from.

For example,
    ..continuously grow and shrink ("breathe"), move or change between colors
    ..fade in when appear on screen
    ..slide in when appear on screen
    ..spin in on appear
    ...fade, slide or spin in after a few seconds on screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do this with timed transitions! Select your entire home artboard in prototype mode, and then select the “Time” transition. Then select your transition type and select your next artboard. For more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-prototypes.html#Usetimedtransitions

Also, CC Evangelist Howard Pinsky has created this resource for you, which will explain how timed transitions work: https://letsxd.com/videos/prototyping

Hope that helps!

6. Minimize text box and add "read more"

I'm looking for a easy way to create a expandable text box with the click of a button (e.g read more)

This is often seen in app stores and in news articles that that are behind a pay wall.
    With the text box minimized you should be able the see the content below (screenshots etc) but when you expand the content should be moved further down. Maybe this is already possible but I can't find the feature either in the software or in a tutorial. Of course I can build this my own with animations, but shouldn't there be a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. File: Open File dialog - Recent files with long filenames get truncated

Problem: When selecting File: Open, the dialog box shows my recent documents with trucated filenames making it difficult to see the differences between two versions of the same document.

Suggested feature: It would be helpful if the ”Recent” view of the ”Open” dialog box could display the full filenames.

Background: I work with a lot of different iterations of the same document so the image preview might be the same or very similar, with long filenames as the only differentiator.

Thanks for a great product!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text playing on sharing

while using text playing, it ask to sign-in.
    this shouldn't be happen, for example if i want to share with my client & he dont have adobe account or for user testing. it will be a gr8 mess.
    like it happened to me with my client for user testing. THIS ISSUE SHOULD BE FIX

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow downloading images from web viewer

Allow easy downloading of images from the web view. It looks like the app deliberately obfuscates this ability (right click -> download image is not possible in browser).
    Seeing as there is no built in version control or reference ID for version of images, downloading images is necessary to take snapshots of progress.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Resolved/Unresolved comments in same view

I may be delusional, but I think I remember this being the way it was originally, but.... I would like a way to see Resolved and Unresolved comments in the same view, with the pins being different colors on the page. Three filters: "Resolved", "Unresolved", "ALL". As it is right now, I can only see either Resolved or Unresolved comments on a page.

Thank you for such a great product! It has really helped our collaboration tremendously.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Drag, drop and scroll into PDF

Drag and drop, and scroll down into page of the PDF if they are several page.

thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. open PDF in a new window

open PDF in a new window for presentation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Prototype

Trigger Action Send to Back Page Option - We can have the procedure to "Send to Back Page" option, when linking single page from multiple pages or links, it can help designer to create presentable flow when there are multiple scenarios involved, I hope you understand and provide solution...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Comments icon on Full Screen Mode

You should also have an overlay / transparent icon on full screen mode for prototype reviews, or a notification of comment when reviewers add comments.

Currently, the creator and reviewer not able to see any indicator if the prototype is published on Full Screen Mode. (using Chrome)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto-animate : Raising button animation

Greetings Dev,

I hope you guys find this message well.

I am a fan of Material Design and I am android users. Material design have this feature called Raising button/card/ animate. So, hope i can see this feature near future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Comment archive

Could you implement a link called 'Solved', that after clicked it that comment go to a archive list comments. It's because I want to control what I did and what I have as a suggestion (comments).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can I create vector art on the go?

Draw vector art with pen tool on iPhone while I wait on ox? XD or Draw for 2019??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dragging text file into repeat grid with central Europe fonts not working properly

When distributing text with central Europe fonts (áéíóú...) to the text grid, the final text is missing these fonts and give "?" instead. I have tried all possible settings. What I do wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Over Flow plugins

Hi i just wanted to ask when the overflow plugin is going launch for Microsoft

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base