Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto leading for text

Please add auto leading for text. It would be great being able to set up the auto leading for the document like in Illustrator or Indesign (Auto leading: 120 %)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. XD export feature to xCode

Add xCode export to the list of functions... great for informative apps

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you tell us more about how you’d like this to work? Do you want XD to export image assets and insert them directly into the correct folders/filenames in an existing Xcode project? Or do you want XD to generate Objective-C / Swift code to create a brand new Xcode project?

4. Wacom Tablet issues on Mac

It is very easy to navigate the Xd interface with a magic mouse or touch pad however when I am working with my Wacom (which is often) I loose some of the functionality such as zooming and being able to move around the interface with a 'hand' tool option 'H' like in Illustrator and Photoshop. If one of the artboard falls off the screen/interface, I am unable to simply drag the view to accomodate the artboard. If I am using the Wacom I have to go to the magnification setting in the upper left hand of the interface which is…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that the Wacom tablet on Windows only is considered a pen experience, which is not yet supported on the canvas. You should be able to select the tools along the side and interact with XD in the property inspector. We’re working on that particular experience.

However, I’d like to keep this open to be able to talk about what specific issues Mac users are experiencing. Please do add these in the comments!

Thanks,

-Elaine

5. Export to an APK file

Export APK file...

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change image only in single repeat grid item

Would be nice to be able to change images of repeat grid items. At the moment if I drag & drop on a repeat grid item, all instances will change …

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here’s how it works currently:

• If you drag a single image onto a Repeat Grid where all grid cells show the same image, the image will change in all the grid cells.
    • If you drag multiple images onto a Repeat Grid, you will set up a repeating sequence of different images. For example, if I drag in 5 images at the same time, the first 5 grid cells will show different images and then the pattern will repeat (e.g. every 5th grid cell will show the same image).
    • If you drag a single image onto a Repeat Grid that already has a repeating sequence of images, you’ll replace all copies of the image you dropped onto. For example, if you had a sequence of 5 images repeated 3 times (15 total grid cells), and then you drop a single image onto one grid cell, you’ll see 3 copies of that…
  7. Direct selection tool - adjust points in multiple shapes at once

I need direct selection tool to adjust groups this way:
    1. I created rectangle and placed icon inside with 10px offset from right side.
    2. Grouping rectangle with icon.
    3. Now I want to resize this group and save 10px offset, but this offset changes proportionally.

I can easily do this in Ai using Direct Selection tool. So, add Direct Selection tool, please.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can direct select elements by holding CMD when clicking on items that are part of groups. Marquee selecting anchor points is landing very soon, so that you could select parts of your rectangle. Do you expect a different behavior? Did I understand your request right? Thanks for your feedback.

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base