Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

95 results found

1. Hi, this isn't quite a bug so I am putting this in feature requests, but I am having an issue with the resolution of my previews for XD. When I preview my prototypes, the resolution is very squashed, vertically. I selected my iPad Pro's resolution, 2732-by-2048, for each artboard, but when I preview it on the iPad pro 12.9" It shows up very squashed, same thing on my 1080P monitor on windows. I am not sure how to make it preview fullscreen/in correct resolution.

Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In your design overview screenshot there is a blue dotted line across the artboard, which means it has scrolling enabled. If you select the artboard by clicking on its title, in the right PI you change Scrolling from “Vertical” to “None”. This will fix your issue :)

2. Please add the Canon 77D camera to your Supported Cameras! Thank you! I am unable to deliver images to my clients until it is supported.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When creating linking page to page, link back option will be very helpful.

For example, a camera page which can be moved from toolbar, cancel button returns to multiple pages.

So, simply link back will be quite useful in such case.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. As a print layout guy I find InDesign's ability to produce multiple objects using the up and down arrows with the option to adjust the margins on the fly incredibly useful. It seems like a no brainer that Adobe XD would have the same thing. Plugging those functions in won't be very difficult on your end and would be insanely beneficial on mine!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When creating navigation links in prototype mode, we can choose an existing artboard or 'previous artboard'.
    I'd like to see a third option 'calling artboard'. Let me explain the difference:

In the attached diagram, on the left, a typical 'previous artboard' scenario is shown. Going from A, B or C to X and then on X clicking some back button will bring you back to A, B or C. No problem there.

But the second scenario (right) is trickier: we go from A to X, at that point, A wil be the 'previous artboard'. We then roundtrip from X to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We're working on a really heavy piece of software and Mobile prototyping is just not going to cut it.

I understand and it's smart to merge ideas into other/similar request from other users.

But Desktop software needs are different. e.g. I need a side panel to slide in from the right side of my artboard, not the entire artboard sliding... It would be really nice to have a 09: Desktop category to begin to educate us all of the differences between Mobile app. and Desktop Apps. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lightroom integrates nicely with the book layout module particularly for Blurb products. The immediate suggestion is to add Blurb's Magazine size 8.5x11 to the canvas choices. Idealy allowing a custom sizing feature would cover a lot of opportunities.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Say I have 2 elements that aren't necessarily related to each other (for example a header and footer with other elements in between) I would love to be able to use a measuring tool to find the distance in pixels between them.

To give you an example of what I mean in the attached image if I click on the line under 'audit name' it tells me the distance between it and the blue text above it but want I really want to know is how far the distance between the line and the grey menu bar at the top…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If I understand your request correctly then we already have this feature.

If you use the Select tool to select an object, then hold down the Alt key, as you hover over other objects the measurement between them will be shown

9. Hi Adobe - great little prog, does need to have integration with Muse, designed a great phone front end - forgot it's a beta - so had to redo in Muse without nice swipes etc..
    I really like the interactive interface with device - could this be added to Muse with Tablet and Phone.
    Can you please get the image downloader to delete my files on my Canon camera - nearly a year to get it back into Bridge and it doesn't do the business.
    Keep it up! Great programs overall.
    Regards Adrian

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I think really its helpful that the ui and the app is simple. In the actual standalone version of this program its very easy to handle for our project managers. Its not "blow-up" like ps or muse.

So i am just asking if XD stays that simple as it is, a stand-alone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As we all know, Adobe has made some of the best softwares in history, such as Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After effects or Illustrator. So i was thinking, it would be very useful and it would bring them alot of money if they made an Adobe Game Engine or Adobe 3D Modeling software or something like that. It would be useful for soo much people because every adobe software is professionally made. And these days a lot of people are getting in Game development and/or 3D Modeling

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Saw the December update. Says you can now preview offline documents on your iOS or Android device.

The question is how?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Here are heaps of feedback & requests for powerfulness... However, I strongly believe that the most remarkable advantage of AdobeXD is its "simplicity", and I really love it. I really hope you keep it simple.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! We’re definitely looking to maintain the simplicity of the product as we grow as an ecosystem. In all of our new features, we hope you’ll see the value of simplicity and clean design in each feature’s design.

I’m closing this as not a feature request, as keeping things simple is a value we intend to pursue and not necessarily a specific request. :)

Thanks,

-Elaine

14. When setting text, an arbitrary number is shown for the size (and all other attributes), with no unit — I am assuming this size is in points, but I can't be sure. While I can just size visually, it would be nice if the units were displayed and could be specified. That way, I can use sizes I know work without guess-and-checking in a life size preview.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please tell us what you're working on.

How long do we have to wait for the next update???

And will Adobe XD be able to work with apps like Facebook Origami in the future?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

There is a new release of Adobe XD available now, with big new features including a layers panel and symbols. Details here: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/november-update-of-adobe-experience-design-cc-beta/

If you’re interested in Origami-like animation features, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869229-animate-individual-elements-separately-microinteractions. Or if you want support for more touch interactions like swipe, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930618-gestures-swipe-pinch-zoom.

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I saw a demo a few weeks ago, and I liked the highlighting of one screen to the targets screens. I suggested to enable the highlight from a hotspot to its target screens also. It seemed more accurate

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to save iPhone 5s Mockups in all sizes for example for iPhone 6SE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tons of complaints, I know.. You guys deserve a page to show you praise and approval of your hard work! Great to read during lunch time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, guys! Thank you so much for your support of XD and the kudos. :) We read all of the messages in our forum, so I think that would be a great place to host all of the praise and encouragement you guys want to heap on our team. It’ll get passed along!

We love to read customer success stories, so please do share there or via Twitter (#adobexd or @adobexd).

https://forums.adobe.com/community/experiencedesign

-Elaine

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)