Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow text changes in local components

When using master design components and reusing them in other files, i like the idea of making components local so i don't accidentally push a copy change for one instance to all instances of that component.

However, i miss sketch's functionality where you can easily click a component and change the text in only instance. Makes prototyping go a lot faster.

See the attached gif for how i have to rename them today. Takes several clicks to rename. Even if i go into the layers, if i rename the text it just renames the title of the text not the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slice tool & Multiple tabs

Multiple tabs section Why does Photoshop and Illustrator have it but not XD? I am planning to switch again Figma or Sketch. So many bugs are pending in XD.
    1. Slice Tool not available for Assets.
    2. Multiple tabs can't Open at a time like Photoshop & Illustrator.
    3. For Fonts we can't apply Gradient Colors, only we can apply gradients with creating Path, but if will Path converting for Fonts developers can't visible Font Size & Font family details in Zeplin.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you only add one suggestion per ticket, instead of the three you’ve suggested. The good news is, all three of your suggestions already have tickets, so you can simply upvote them:

1. Slice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13712892
    2. Tabs: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13781706
    3. Apply gradient to text: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/18958438

3. Allow choosing UI language in the online shared prototypes and specs

Because of my location (Germany) all my shared prototypes and design specs have UI in German, which makes collaboration with non-German speaking colleagues and stakeholders difficult.
    Please add an option to choose UI language for online shared prototypes and specs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Assign all objects an ID

It's seems a small feature but actually can make huge impact.
    And it's easy (relatively to other requests) for Adobe XD team to implement.

Basically, for me, I need to be able to give id for every objects in order for my plugin to automate an export. Many things can be done if we can give id for our objects.

I give you an example. If I can give an id for a rectangle which is place at the top of the artboard (position as header), let say i give id="ion-header", this information is useful for my plugin to automate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. POP SCCHRAN

Stu Programm è pop shcran u s capiscia na mazza ngul a bua

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As we haven’t seen any activity on this issue in three months, I’m marking it as inactive. Please do feel free to file it again if you’re still experiencing it!

Thanks,

-Elaine

Cum’è ùn avemu micca vistu alcuna attività annantu à questu sughjettu in trè mesi, l’aghju marcatu cum’è inattivu. Per piacè sentitevi liberi di arrigistrarà di novu sì stessi subitu!

Stu messagiu hè statu traduttu automaticamente.

7. Guides like Illustrator

Good day. Please add guides like Illustrator. There is a problem with the pipette. It just does not work. Updated the application - it did n

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when there’s one suggestion per ticket. Unfortunately, it sounds like you have a few suggestions in here, split between feature requests and bugs. Can you please file new tickets with specific issues? Thanks!

8. Failures in text boxes in the latest update

Failures in text boxes in the latest update

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. reset every parameter

please reset option available for once change parameter values and'll reset that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pixel to pixel distance measurement tool

A tool to click at any point in the artboard and measure the distance from that point to another point anywhere else in the same artboard.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Translation keys field on Design specs

Add a field on text elements where it's possible to add a translation keys.

The case
    As a PM I want to add the translation key for the text on the design.

Actual workaround
    Pin a comment to the element with the translation key.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Headings and font editing

Ability to mark text as heading and set a main preferences for headings. Also if you have other texts like body text, you could set a main font and font size.

If you have written alot of text for example with Segoe UI and you want to change it to Arial, it would be great that you could highlight all text with Segoe UI font and change it all to Arial by one click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Connecting with the Slack app: Adobe requests too much proprietary information

Slack is what everyone uses in their company for communications. I cannot promote Adobe usage because Adobe as a company is asking for too much private information and is not giving us the option to minimize what we share. Therefore I have to back out of connecting Adobe XD and my wireframes in the Slack app. Please reconsider. People will increasing opt out if you don't give them to option to choose what information we need to protect at our company.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. you can learn from Just in Mind

just in mind is an amazing prototype software, I wish Adobe could have something like that with their features. scroll horizontally, insert videos and gifs, everything goes...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Paste above selected layer

Currently, if you paste a new object, it is pasted on top of all other layers, even if you have another layer selected.
    This differs how it is handled in other programs (such as Sketch or even Adobe's own), where when you have a specific layer selected, all pasted elements will be pasted above the selected layer and not as the top-most layer.

It would be nice if this could be added as it makes pasting layers way more efficient, since you dont have to go to the layers panel afterwards to reorder the pasted contents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Quickly generate web prototypes with mobile phone

快速生成带手机的ui web原型

快速生成带手机的ui web原型,增加用户素材库,提供部分icon。win10支持原型导入到其他设备

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Select all colours used in the document

I would love the ability to be able to select all colours used / unused in the document (just like Illustrator) from the assets panel. Also would be awesome to do the same with character styles & symbols.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Borders need to count when spacing objects

When spacing objects relative to each other the border should count as well. In web development the thickness of the border is taken into account when creating elements. Currently I need to remember to +1 when placing something anywhere near a bordered element.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Help on tutorial

Can't find the image folder for the Talin image to place on the art board. There were no instructions on downloading the file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base