Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. It would be great if users can click on the co-editor's icon on the top right and be brought to the screen that the co-editor is working on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. You have double scroll bars in the grid view. Makes trying to scroll weird. I have to manually click the outer scroll bar to get it to scroll properly.

I'm not 100% sure that this is the only element with this name, but this is the element that I edit in the web inspector to fix the issue.

Currently, it's css rule for overflow is "overflow-x:hidden", to fix this issue it needs to be "overflow: hidden" (not jus the x).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. In a design system we need hierarchy and inheritance. At this point XD handles these a really poor way.

Important principles:

Embedded / nested components
    If I embed a component and change it, the change should be the new default, so when I make new instances of the master, the subcomponent should NOT be reset.

States
    If I create a new state, and change the elements / subcomponents, only the property changes I made should be saved in the new state. ALL OTHERS should be exactly as in the master. This should work in the property level, so if the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added support for nested components and have improved states and resizing. Feel free to file a new ticket if you’re interested in additional features.

Please note for future reference that UserVoice works best if you have each idea in a separate ticket.

4. Sharing presets are great, but not optimal yet.

Consider such a use case:
    - Your prototype is shared for user testing. This way, the users can access the artboards which are linked to the prototype root artboard (great) or to all artboards (not great).
    - From this XD file, the designer may also share specific artboards for developers. In such case, the need is pretty the opposite. Getting access to the prootype is not really necessary, but access to components specs is a must.

So, I think the sharing presets should include the list of shared artboards, which of course…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have plugging with salesforce UI elements like Sketch has :D

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be great esp. in a larger file to see where my teammate(s) is working. I realize there is presence but the colored stroke is hard to find at times.

Ideas:

• A cursor icon of where they are in the doc (even if they are not selecting an object) or perhaps greyed out while they are working on something.

• The ability to click on their profile icon to be directed to where they are
    This could be great if you are on a call with a designer elsewhere to pinpoint whatever they are working on.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please let me have my JPGs at 3x!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The new padding feature is cool, but a little too limited. I’d like for it to be able to adjust padding for the outside of groups/components in order to help with building design systems.

For example, when I build a website, a page is often made up of smaller sections (components). I would like to be able to define margin on those components so that each one has an even amount of spacing between the next. That way if I update the height of any of those components or change content that affects its size, components around that one will…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I noticed that if I add a component with multiple states to the shared library, only the currently active state is stored. Please allow storing the components with all of its states in the library.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When using Responsive Resize, items will adjust according to their parameters but items such as Area text will not take into account their contents. When resizing an Area Text box, XD should provide the option to resize the height in line break increments to accommodate the text.

An option for width could also be useful.

The benefit of this is that responsive resize will now responsively adjust all other elements to fit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There is one thing that frustrates me every time I work with XD.
    The moment when the height of an element changes and I have to adjust all margins and the height of e.g. cards. And all because the text of a line got shorter.

Figma recently introduced "Auto layout". This allows to define the margins of elements within a "group" and thus complex list/grids that dynamically adapt to the content.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrKX46DzkGQ

It would be great if, after "Content aware layout (padding), the margin could now be addressed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Using stacks in both horizontal and vertical orientations would bring the prototype much closer to to how development works, specially in mobile, providing much more relatable deliverables.

A "spacing" property could also be used in the stack, providing better control over the design.

A toggle between horizontal and vertical is something that would help but is not necessary.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently overflow text shows up as a filled blue circle. this is not a clear indicator when looking for errors. i believe making this at the least red will have a better impact. if it could also be a plus sign perhaps to indicate there is "more" below, similar to indesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need the ability to 'deselect' the home artboard.

Issue: If I create a prototype with links to the home artboard I can share everything linked to home.

If I then need to remove all connectors so none of the pages were linked, but I still want to publish all artboards, it won't allow me to do it. Only the home artboard is selected.

Basically, once you have physically selected the home artboard by clicking the home icon (rather than having XD do it by default when you create your first board) then you're done! Only one screen can be published…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A master component can consist of many other master components. Lets call them 'inside master components.

If one of these inside master components is duplicated in the master and then edited (fx. a text) the duplication is done correctly, but the edit does not work. Even if you rename the new inside master component.

After duplicate, I have to ungroup the duplicated one and make a new inside component before it works.

Please do something about this. Extremely annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Major releases seem to get changelog updates in a handful of places, but not all updates are clear as to what is actually being improved. It's kind of annoying and confusing to update, like the one 2 days ago for example, and have no clue what's changed even after a google search. It makes it unclear if this is the "monthly" update or bugfixes or whatever. Would be cool to see what's actually improved.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    1. Why don't you extend the language of the software even to Italian? Are we children of a minor Adobe by chance?
    14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. Senario:
    We create a button with a rectangle fill and generic text and turn it into a master component called "button". We then place an instance of that button into a master "footer" component and override the generic text of the button to be specific to the footer. If I now copy/paste the footer component it keeps the override text. If I opt+drag to copy the footer it keeps the override text. BUT if I drag the component out from the component menu all nested components revert back to the text from their masters.

Expected result:
    Everything in a master…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Starting from April 2020, these features that are currently a part of Adobe XD ...
    Saving to your computer, though you can still save to cloud documents."

Feature request: Don't remove local saving. Why would you do this? What possible benefit does this have for me as a user? Why would I choose to use a service that doesn't let me save my work locally?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. Sometimes I need to get a prototype shared with devs so they can start working on some small piece of the software before I'm done, and to allow time for comments etc in my fast-paced work environment. I often find myself needing to share prototypes before I've started to make them interactive, when they're just in very early stages (sometimes just to show progress, sometime so devs can get a head start on basic styling / layout). However, right now the app won't allow me to share a prototype that has no interactions. This means I have to either add…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on this. We’ve made the home artboard able to toggle, so you can toggle it off to share everything, then switch it to another artboard to share only that flow. Share Mode will then show you which artboards will be shared when you publish.