Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. I´m designing for several screens at once and would like to be able to create separate links for the different screens. Eg one for desktop, one for tablet and one for phone. So that I easily can work on all the screens at once and don't have to change files.

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Is it me or does the app currently not support drag n drop from the web browser into app, for example an image into a art board or shape, I have to save it to the desktop top first then drag n drop it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I was in the middle of designing, and then realised that I needed to increase the length of a previous artboard and add in more data. Now to do that I first need to move all the artboards below it further down. But to that, I have to individually select each artboard to create a group - and then move them. This in my case meant selecting 20 artboards one by one. Doing this is a big pain, and often one wrong click lost all the selections. :( :( :(

An easier way would have been to have drag-select action…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great to have the ability to move artboards around.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be very handy to be able to apply a translucency blur effect like the native IOS one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A set of keyboard commands for the object alignment features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be great to have a presentation mode like with InDesign for quickly viewing lots of artboards quickly!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As Peter mentioned, our full screen Preview can take over the entire screen and, as of 10.11, doesn’t leave a chrome around it. I believe this best mimics Presentation Mode in InDesign, so I’m closing this as completed.

-Elaine

8. I would like to be able to drag Images from other apps. Currently I can copy and paste text and shapes, but images don't transfer. In order to get images to XD I have to drag an image file outside of photoshop or illustrator. I would like to drag them from the AI or PSD file as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the current version of Adobe XD, you should be able to copy and paste Photoshop layers complete with transparency into XD. You should also be able to copy-paste Illustrator selections that include raster images.

If you find that’s not working for you and your copy of XD is fully up to date, please file a bug in UserVoice with specifics about the type of content you’re copy-pasting and what’s not working — if you can share a file with us that shows the problem, that’s even better.

Thanks!

9. When switching between apps, for. example when copying hex from browser to Xd, Color dialog window always disappear and I always have to click on Fill option in Appearance tab to get Color dialog back on. It would be much easier for window to stay open when switching between apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be great to go somewhere to view a fully up-to-date list of all keyboard shortcuts for XD. To be able to print out and learn en masse.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Your startup screen breaks one of the basic rules of usability : What can I interact with?

Everything is gray. Titles, desc text, links and buttons.

PROBLEM: The layout is fine, but you have turned your startup screen into 'mystery meat' navigation. What can I click on? What is a call to action? Do I have to hover over everything to figure this out?

Think about this. Also, gray links are historically 'disabled' color. Whether it's a button or a link, it usually means 'disabled'. I understand that shades of grey are the new cool design thing, but for your…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. For any given vector pieces, to be able to copy from XD and cut to illustrator. We can do it in the other way for now, but it would be great if it could work the other way too.

To rework an icon for example, or trick an object with more advanced tools like in illustrator. Why ? It's faster than to export to svg and export it back again. It would also allow to keep your objects scaled the same way.

624 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is now available in the March release! If you don’t see an update, select the … icon in the Creative Cloud desktop app and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have further feedback on this feature, please feel free to file a new ticket!

13. It would be great to have paragraph text similar to the paragraph mode of the text tool in Photoshop. I noticed when recently prototyping an app I tried to use lorem ipsum text and had to use hard returns to format as a paragraph

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I won't wait for it anymore, when will the next update of XD be released?
    Just give me a line-height … I want to work with this amazing app!!!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. What is it with Adobe's hatred of sound? They keep coming out with apps that make it easier to assemble web sites yet ALWAYS exclude sound. There are a lot of creative projects I'd like to work on with Adobe but they require sound files. From a web site where you click and drag loops to mix the audio live, to a kid's virtual zoo where you click on an animal to hear the sound it makes, to a site made for visually-impared people who have to navigate by sound, to a site about how orchestras work where you can…

207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to paste master elements in place to avoid them not being aligned from page to page

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As mentioned in the comments, you can copy (CMD + C) from one artboard, select another artboard by clicking on its title and paste (CMD + V). It should paste it on the same place as the original, on the new artboard.

17. I tried various keyboard shortcuts and looked in the top menu but to no avail - It would be nice to be able to switch between design and prototype modes at a press of a keyboard button instead of having to click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You will be able to use CTRL + TAB. This functionality is completed now and will be available in our April 2016 public release. Thanks for your feedback.

18. Ability to use the eyedropper tool to copy existing text styles and ability to click on existing paths to copy stroke, colour etc.

These features are available in Illustrator and would be really helpful in XD too!

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for the lack of update on this! We now have a new feature that should address this problem: paste appearance. In Design mode, copy any object and then select any number of objects to apply styles to (including text). Then you can execute the paste appearance command (Cmd+Opt+V for Mac, Ctrl+Alt+V for Windows) and apply anything from text styles to border styles.

As always, we’re looking for feedback on what changes you’d like to see in the feature going forward, so try it out for a little while, then file your suggestions here in UserVoice!

If you don’t see your August update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.”

Thanks,

-Elaine

19. Currently when update a shared prototype, it replaces the previous version, it would be nice to have the option to retain previous versions.

These versions could then be compared side by side to easily review changes, as an added bonus the versions could be linked together so as you navigate one version the previous version would move in sync (where possible)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When exporting an artboard as a PNG, I expect that any areas that do not have a fill would be transparent. This isn't the case when I open the PNG file in Photoshop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)