Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Right now XD is free to use, but eventually it has to make money for Adobe. From that perspective, Adobe can consider making it a freemium product. This will help address the scenario where large organisations cannot afford buying XD for all of their developers. Yet for the designers to use XD professionally there needs to be a practical way to seamlessly hand-over the XD designs to the developers.

The full-fledged version of XD with all features can be no doubt purchased for the designers within the organisations. However the developers can still access the XD files using the free…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add Radial Gradients support. Let's discuss.

(Btw: Linear Gradients are now shipping. https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12925683-add-gradients-to-appearance-panel)

Note: radial gradients are shaped like concentric circles. If you're looking for gradients that sweep around like the hands of a clock, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15902767-angular-gradient instead!

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1,214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I cannot seem to shift-and-drag objects 45 degrees and that seems like a fairly normal adobe feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Wrong Coordinates in the Viewbox if i save SVG´s from Xperience Design.
    To correct the coordinates and the viewBox, i have to open the SVG in Illustrator, to save the ICON (SVG ) with right code.

Maybe it is my fall if yes tell me the right way :)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to hide artboards in order to exclude them from exporting with all others.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It you have one or more artboards selected at the time you choose File > Export, the button in the save dialog box won’t say “Export All Artboards.”

The easiest ways to select an artboard are:

• Click the title of the artboard (you can shift-click to select multiple artboards this way)
    • Drag a marquee that fully encompasses one or more artboards

You can tell an artboard is selected when its title turns blue.

Here’s a quick screencast that shows both ways of selecting artboards: http://imgur.com/a/nKQyE

8. It would be excellent if one could export a prototype so it could then be hosted for web with HTML markup. The perfect example of this need comes in when we do usability testing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As a user, I want to be able to go back one screen if I am viewing my prototype in preview mode so that I don't get stuck on a screen that I haven't prototyped yet.

Sometimes, I just want to test that all of the buttons on a screen take the user to the screens they are supposed to, but I may want to continuously go back to the previous screen because I may want to test a new path.

Perhaps a keyboard command would be great. You could also make it go back if you click 3 times…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added new features recently to our shared prototype viewer that I think you’ll like. Now, when you view your shared prototype, you should be able to use the navigation buttons (as well as the left/right arrow keys) to be able to shuffle through your artboards in order, even if you have interactions defined. Check it out and let us know what you think!

-Elaine

11. When you select the previous art board option you are not able to change the animation mode and timing like other prototype links. Is this a bug? It's a shame and a problem in my estimation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Back, forward and home buttons in online share modus, outside of the design area.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Many times when exporting to PDF, while most assets may be vector there are some bitmap assets included (think a thumbnail image inside a UI)... while I have control over the pixel density at design time (I can use a larger bitmap and scale down) when I export, it always downsamples the image to 1x. Would be good to either downsample to 2x or not at all.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Crossed out text feature needed for pricing purposes

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bridge with sympli for improving the share with developers.
    Sympli works in interaction with XCode and Android Studio, at moment is available only for Photoshop.

Enjoy: https://sympli.io/downloads/web

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

XD’s January 2018 update now supports integration with Sympli (as well as Zeplin, Avocode, ProtoPie, and Kite Compositor). Read more at https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-popular-3rd-party-integrations-adobe-xd/

Sympli is only supported on Mac right now. If you’re interested in Sympli support with XD on Windows, please let us know by upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/33045637-sympli-integration-on-windows

16. Now that Adobe XD allows designers to measure all their elements. There's still the problem of having to deliver the design to the developers. They always require a spec sheet with the measurements. They don't want to download Adobe XD because they think it's hard to use, and would rather have a PDF opened instead.

It would be great to have a feature where I can have the measurements present itself on the page when I export to PDF, instead of having to manually type in the measurements as well as drawing the lines between the elements of my app…

736 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve released the Design Specs feature in our November release this week as a Beta. You can now publish a Design Spec directly from XD, and your developer can get measurements of objects by selecting the object from the detail view of the screen. We’re working on additional functionality for this feature and are looking for feedback, so please try it out and file new feature requests in this area against the Design Specs feature area.

Thanks,

-Elaine

17. I'd like to be able to make a text area with a fixed width -- so the text automatically wraps onto multiple lines -- but with no fixed height so that the height auto fits to the text.

Basically, I want it to act like area text (fixed size) in the horizontal direction but point text (auto size) in the vertical direction.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a direct link to a screen/artboard in a shared prototype: e.g. xd.adobe.com/view/prototype-id#screen-name.

Additionally, a list of screens (like in Axure) might be useful.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When creating a shareable link you're given the ability to create multiples which are great for iterations. However, the update link function is more confusing. Is it updating the first link I created? The most recently created? Is there a way to update certain links and not others for different department reviews?

I suggest making link management part of the dialogue to allow the user to select which link they're updating.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In recent months, we’ve made some significant changes in this area. First off, we’ve introduced the ability to publish and manage multiple links. Secondly, when you Save As to a new document, you can no longer update links that were applicable in the previous file.

20. As a designer I hope to use XD as part of my creative suite.
    But product development and prototyping is all about collaboration. In order to have different kinds of people to take part in the process, it would be good to offer separate license options at a fair price for non designers, who only need XD and not a full suite of design tools.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)