Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. People should be able to leave comments on a shared web prototype online without having to make an Adobe account.

The stakeholders we want feedback from (clients, management, etc.) do not all use Adobe CC, so requiring even a free account adds an extra barrier before people can comment.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

With this month’s release of XD, your stakeholders can now sign in as a guest without a CC account and comment on your prototypes. Any prototype that already has commenting enabled should now see a “sign in as guest” option at the bottom of the comments panel if you’re not already signed in.

-Elaine

2. I was so excited about the new symbols feature that I made all of my navbars in a design a symbol. This may be one of the most obvious uses of symbols, since every page will almost always have the same navbar. But you can't connect objects inside a symbol. Therefore, you can't connect nav items, icons, logos in a nav bar.

Either allow connects for objects inside symbols, but don't propagate them in all instances, or DO propagate them in all instances. But you HAVE to be able to connect objects inside symbols in prototype mode.

Otherwise, we can…

570 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It can be very cool if there is way for integration iframe of XD project in Behance project for demonstrating in case.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I love the addition of symbols to XD, only let down (beside the ability to re-organise them which is already posted as an idea) is that I have to create a new symbol for every required size.

Please let us scale the symbols

1,700 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

5. Facebook did it. Why can't Adobe?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 528 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. As Sketch already do... Possibility to copy css attributes by right clic (like gradient attributes,...) and paste it into a code editor.

704 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the August 2019 release, we’ve enabled the ability for developers to copy css attributes from design specs links.

Thanks for the support and keep the feedback coming on how we can further deliver more value through such code snippets in XD

8. Basically the same function as flex has in CSS.

• Justify: Space Between
    • Justify Space Arround

• Direction: Column and Row

This will make is easier to spred icons or text in a container.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Useful during initial rough prototyping so complete loops don't need to be added, or during review of more complex prototypes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Competitive products like Invision App, and tools for product teams such as Wizeline have recently released this integration. Being able to develop UX and associate it with a software development task is huge.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. when i share a link, everybody who has an Adobe ID account can delete this link. if i create a prototype and i share it with someone i would like to be the only one who can manage and delete it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. XD is a great software to design digital assets with vector graphics and text. It would be perfect if text could be converted into curves when assets are saved as svg files for web.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

Hi Frank, we support this, go to Path → Convert to Path.
    Perhaps we need to make it more obvious.

Tom

13. Add a UI Kit for Mac OS X interface controls. I often do extensive prototyping of Mac application interfaces, and there needs to be a better tool than things like Keynote.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When generating prototypes to share online - I only see options to share again or update. What if i just want to copy the link again? Have come across this several times. Would be super helpful to have access to previously shared link there. Am I just not seeing it? Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice to have shortcut key for switching between the two windows when open. for example when i have one project open and then i open for some iOS and android UI it opens in new window which is really annoying to switch between the the two window.
    for example in photoshop when i press (cmd+ ~) it switchs between the windows without using mouse click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When we have 25+ icons on the all artboards, we must have a command to export all the icons in one single click which will save a lot of time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Starting with XD 4.0, you can mark an object for export. You can then export all marked objects in a single operation using File → Export→ Export batch or shortcut Shift + Cmd/Ctrl + E.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    M.

17. Exported PDF are too big. Please add compression options like InDesign.

396 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  arosiu responded

As of XD version 26, exported PDF file size is down by up to 90%, while retaining the current quality level.

Thank you for all your feedback!

18. adobe xd почему нет русский язык?

[Translated] request for Russian language version of Adobe XD.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Добро пожаловать на борт! Начиная с выпуска этой недели, XD теперь доступен на русском языке. Наслаждайтесь!

Это сообщение было переведено машиной.

Welcome aboard! As of this week’s release, XD is now available in Russian. Enjoy!

19. I fully transitioned to XD from Sketch, but I need to copy some of my work back into Sketch to share with other people.

When I try to paste, I get an image and the export SVG has missing fonts, images and colors.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be amazing if we could set spacing and padding relationships between elements and then build those relationships into a style that can be universally adjusted.

To explain, here's a scenario:

Let's say we have a wrapper container. Inside of it we have an 400px high image that aligns to the top and spans full width across. Below is a left aligned headline that sits exactly 40px below the image. Left aligned below and 20px below the last line of the headline is a block of body copy. 40px below the last line of body copy is a button.…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)