Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Erro 3183:-1

I am unable to share for review, the following error appears: Error 3183: -1

How can I solve it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard trigger not working in web if assets hidden

BUG:
    To allow convenient keyboard triggers over entire prototype it is necessary to add hidden buttons/elements on each artboard. Every button is allowed to have only one trigger (feature request already exists for this problem).

Keyboard keys (windows) working fine if in preview mode.
    BUT if sharing on web they don´t work anymore IF the "buttons" are set to invissible.

Workaround: move VISSIBLE buttons with trigger to lowest layer so that they can be hidden behind something in front.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Transitions & Animations

I just wanted to suggest that XD should provide transitions and animations just like the PROTOPIE does. There are few things that cannot be done in XD easily this is where protopie come in. Kindly provide features like PROTOPIE ! Thanks!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, this is too vague of a suggestion. Can you give us examples of individual features you’re missing from ProtoPie that you’d like to see in XD? If you file them here as individual requests (one ticket per request), it’ll be easier for us to merge with other similar requests. Thanks!

4. Relational positions of items within the page

I suggest to add the ability to make OBJECT 1 placed in relation (left - up - down or right ) to OBJECT 2 . Object 2 can be a a text, shape, group or the artboard itself .

For Example : I need OK button located always on the right bottom corner with 80px margins. When I extend the size of page (vertically or horizontally), OK button will remain at the same position.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Slow and Crashing

Adobe XD seems to be slow and crashing while opening, even in the last project I have done while I was exporting artboards, that process was slow too. It's happening after the last update I have made in August,2019.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Speech Playback available for prototypes

When sharing prototypes people are not able to preview speech playback and voice interactivity unless they have an XD account.

I have been told that this was designed like this for security reasons. Not sure what the security reason is?!

Being able to share voice is a huge reason I started using XD for prototyping.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your question! Here’s the info from Mark Webster: Yep, we require a login for security reasons. As you noted, you don’t need to be a customer, you can use a free account, but we need to have some sort of authorized user making a request of the voice service.

7. Device preview

I have my iPhone SE plugged into a USB and I have my screen selected on my desktop in XD. I have the XD mobile app open I see and it's not showing my actual XD artboard.

Windows pc.

All apps are updated

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 閲覧パスワード入力について

コメントを確認するたびに閲覧パスを入力するのが面倒です。ログインしているときは省略できるようにしてほしい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since private invitations seem to work, I am closing this ticket.

個人的な招待状が機能しているように見えるので、私はこのチケットを閉じています。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されています。

9. Change aspect ratio of icons (Spark)

I submitted a Spark "bug" to customer care and was redirected here for some reason. Here is my issue:

In Spark (Android, but also Win 10/chrome), I was previously able to change the aspect ratio of *at least one rectangle icon. I used this capability frequently.

This would allow me to add a rectangle icon to my image and then change the shape to tall and skinny or wide and narrow and every aspect ratio in between. It was "unlocked".

It now appears that the rectangle icon I was using has now been "locked" (along with all the others) --…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Layers for overlays

If you used Layers to position the overlays, the positioning of elements would be MUCH easier and utilize the same resolution. Currently, the overlays have a difficult time with font resolution. Almost like it is using a low-res jpg/png/gif.

When using the Layer method, the connection would display the layer is the proper position.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Column / Layout Grids available in the Design Specs

Developers often need to know the amount of columns that an element takes in the layout. It would be perfect if instead of making a preview artboard with columns as shapes we could use a toggle that will allow developers to see what we used when we designed a specific layout.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Replace Artboard Action

I've had this idea for prototypes and things and thought of the switches. But when you leave that artboard and go back it's back to where it originally was. So what if there was an action for replacing an artboard so that once something links to that artboard it'll go the the artboard that replaced it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search Engine (Lateral menu)

I see the need for a search engine where you can navigate using the name (or keyword) to search for one or more screens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow transitions to be two decimals

Prototype transitions are limited to 0.1 second intervals when they should be able to be 2 decimal places like 0.15 seconds. This allows for more flexibility, especially for short, quick animations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bring back copy pasting interactive links

Yo bring back copy pasting interaction links. Links inside of symbols, or copy pasting from one doc to another. Just bring those m-f back. This new update messed that up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. need hotkeys setting for Plug-in.

need hotkeys setting for Plug-in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix position when Scrolling- Shifted to Prototype mode

In your XD tutorial, the part 7, The "Fix position when scrolling" is not anymore in the Design mode. But it is shifted to the prototype mode. Please change this in the tutorial as it is very confusing who is learning as he/she can't find that option in the Design mode.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Unlink mask and images.

I need to change the mask size and the image size separately.
    Like every other Adobe App. Even have separate numeric control would be great. This can be useful even for animation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assets saving in mdpi, hdpi, xhdpi, xxhdpi, xxxhdpi

While sharing the specs to developer, jus like zeplin can the developer download the assets in all formats in mdpi, hdpi, xhdpi, xxhdpi, xxxhdpi. So that it can be easy for him.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In the case of overlay, can use auto-animate

In the case of overlay, can use auto-animate

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base