Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. I've used this functionality with Zeplin, and it's considerably useful for a Developer to know if that element should integrate it as a reusable component or just as a specific element of a page (and also know where it comes from and on which pages it's currently being used)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. All the icon svg paths in the polaris icon system won't open in XD. It seems to be valid svg and renders in the browser just fine. It also won't open in Illustrator.
    https://polaris-icons.shopify.com/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I create an object with the Pen tool.
    Give it a gradient.
    When I try to edit the gradient, the gradient bar is not appearing within the object. It is impossible to relocate the trajectory of the gradient.

Other time I change the dimension of that object, the gradients trajectory gets distorted and when I try to change it, it flies around the screen.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I also tried CTR + SHIFT + ; (since I need to press shift on a swiss german keyboard for ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If a component has multiple elements, the triggered hover state of child A seems to remain active until the mouse is removed from the scope of the entire component (its boundary), not just from that child.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The new shortcut on mac to toggle between design, prototype and share mode means you can't type a hashtag or euro character. Use a different shortcut tool.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. My marketing team and my design team need to align. We would like to have a design management system where we can update our components, colors, fonts, styling, spacing etc.

As the leading design product this should honestly be included anyway!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

You can now publish from XD to a Creative Cloud Library, which can be used across multiple teams. If you’re interested in more specific things that you’d like to have in CC Libraries, please do feel free to file a new ticket.

8. Apparently the only way to stop other accessing your links is to delete them. However, there should be an option to just block the link so that all those people who have access will not be able to view it.

Deleting the link, deletes all the comments that were made. And hence the option of only blocking people from viewing will be helpful.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can actually change the type of the link and remove all users without affecting your comments. If you go to the property inspector of Share mode and “update link” with “only invited people” checked, you will not delete the comments. You can learn more about this in the blog post below:

https://theblog.adobe.com/xd-june-2020-scroll-groups-stacks-more/#:~:text=June%202020%20Release%20of%20Adobe,Stacks%2C%20Scroll%20Groups%2C%20and%20More&text=Today%20we're%20launching%20the,design%2C%20prototype%2C%20and%20collaborate.

9. The link to Google Material Design is outdated, and the new page does not include an XD document. Can this be updated please making use of the components and button states and other new features?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As an Adobe Xd user that uses many stack groups, I would like to quickly duplicate individual items within a stack.

See video attached for example:
    1. Outside of stack groups the default behavior of holding ALT/Option key while clicking and dragging an object is to duplicate it.
    2. Holding ALT/Option key on an object within a stack group does nothing.
    3. (Workaround) Copy / Pasting an object within a stack group with Command+C & Command+V duplicates the object in the correct location.

This is 1 of 2 minor bugs I've found with stacks, but I think I'm only finding…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Spend more time iterating and less time moving things around.

Less manual resizing: Buttons can resize with their text and lists can rearrange themselves when items are moved around.

Stretch to fill: Auto Layout components can now stretch left and right (or top and bottom) for easier responsive design.

Design speaks development: Auto Layout’s padding, direction, and spacing settings translate directly into code, simplifying developer handoffs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This is in reference to the app's landing page or opening window (with no file open or started yet).

The attached image shows the opening window when Xd starts up. The window is not resizable, and has opened to my full screen length, rather than above my dock at the bottom. I could not see the rest of the content, and cannot move this window or resize it to fit above my dock/apps.

I know a solution is to move my apps/dock just so I can see what is there, but I don't think this is good for a user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. Ive tried the new features its cool. But Horizontal Scroll doesnt work on windows where you in preview mode. However, when generate links, it works well browing using the links

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The first thing I see on XD is a choice to create a new design. The predefined items have a multitude of Apple devices and a token "Android" or "Custom" option.

The real world mostly use non-Apple devices. There are many different sized android phones & Tables, Chromebooks, Windows Surface etc. It is about time Adobe products recognised this and treated non-apple hardware as a first class citizen and not an after thought.

Support what our customers need, not what you personally prefer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give us back the option to open files from "My Computer" on the XD "Home" screen. I used to have this option, but in the current version, it no longer appears. I'm unable to open and existing file from the Adobe XD Home screen unless it was one of the most recent files.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. In previous versions of Adobe XD we were able to past the SVG code of an object copied from XD to text editor like Visual Studio Code. But now this feature is not working. When I copy an object from XD with Ctrl+C and paste it to text editor with Ctrl+V nothing happens. Can you please restore this behavior as it was before.

XD Version: 29.2.32

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Miro plug-in. Automatically update mocks on Miro to share with teammates. Sketch does this and its sooooo helpful.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I attached a video. Bug with text box, why link disappear if text box id expanded.

In some case i have more then 1 row, i lose flexibility under components and layout

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide an option to disable all helpful tips that popup as you're trying to use the application.

This would be valuable to me, as otherwise it's disrupting my flow of trying to create some screens. They're distracting, I've already watched all the tutorials on your XD page, so I'm aware of the features, they don't add anything new.

It makes sense to have these "on" by default, but some option to disable them is expected, and would be very helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It's time for an updated UI Kit for Salesforce Lightning — for Adobe XD!

Salesforce Lightning is a hugely popular platform for so many businesses. Sketch has always had great UI kits for various platforms, including Salesforce's Lightning framework. I found one online for XD, but it's old / 2017.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)