Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fully functional prototype

Basically create the same features as axure but easier to use. more animation, input fields, dynamic panels, button hover states, etc.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think everything listed here is covered by other feature requests already. Please upvote these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

2. reset round corners

Reset ROUND Corners

once you draw round corners and set that text/picture box, then extend/stretch the box, the corners look absurdly distorted/disproportionate/oblong or no longer round, so XD should allow to reset corner points please! thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I sent out information about three months ago about the difference between path radius and rectangle radius. If you’re looking for an improvement, please do feel free to file another story on this if you’d like to see different behavior.

Thanks,

-Elaine

3. Export Options

Need to export high-quality PNGs and JPGs

For general use propose - saving into PDFs, Keynote, sending in addition to the working prototype

The PNG export option for the artboard results in an asset that is too poor of quality for general use

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’d like individual suggestions to be more fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

Some of the other topics here are not yet captured anywhere else. Can you create individual, separate suggestions for these with more details about your needs for each one?

• Keynote export
    • PNG export poor quality (Can you file a bug with more details about the quality problems you’re seeing? PNGs exported from XD should generally be very high-quality)

Thanks for your feedback!

4. Gradient and More depth in Prototyping with extensive animations

Gradient and More depth in Prototyping with extensive animations
    like Flinto app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like to see a single feature in each request in order to be able to best aggregate votes! We already have both of these requests in the database, so please upvote the following:

Gradients: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12925683-add-gradients-to-appearance-panel

MIcrointeractions: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animation-support-microinteractions

Thanks!

-Elaine

5. General Feedback

• NEED Rulers and Guides.
    • Also support for font awesome would help greatly. Assuming that would be a library to load.
    • ZOOM functionality extremely limiting. add ability to zoom using Shift+Command drag VERY annoying to zoom to some random spot on the workspace.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’d like for suggestions to be as granular as possible so as to better aggregate. Please upvote and add your thoughts to the following stories:

Rulers: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160699
    Guides: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160453
    Zoom: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12925947

I didn’t see Font Awesome in the database, so you can add it.

6. User Testing Features

1) My company is adamantly against allowing us use any tool to show intellectual property on the web, so I second the ideas to be able to export to a PDF. In order to use it for wire framing and prototyping purposes it would need to be a clickable/interactive PDF. The ability to pick and choose what we show would be helpful.

2) Love the previewing and recording, however it'd be more multi-function if, when previewing, you could gray-out the background - or alternatively allow recording the artboard in full screen mode.

3) Record Audio. Face would be awesome too,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Using vertical rhythm

I use vertical rhythm in all my UI design. for more info on what that is see http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/improving-layout-with-vertical-rhythm--webdesign-14070

including some functionality to apply vertical rhythm would be great. This could be just guides, but would be great if there was something smarter.

For example... i make sure all my padding, margins and line heights are a multiple of 28px to retain vertical rhythm in my designs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copy UXPin's feature set

I wish XD was more like UXPin

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re really looking for individual features you think would make XD a better product. Are there specific features you like from UXPin that you think you’re missing? Please let us know which ones you think are the most useful!

-Elaine

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. (Near) Seamless Integrations

Think about it - Xd+Dw, Mu, Ps, etc. I am not talking about all in one (Although, that would be extremely awesome!). In Comp, we have the ability to "Send to InDesign." We should be able to, by the click of a button, send a project (with all layers editable) to other programs that have the ability build websites, UI's, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dim background when preview window opens (presentation mode)

It would be a neat feature to be able to dim the artboards in the background when viewing prototypes so as you focus on the preview window.

This could be achieved by having a button next to the record button to toggle background on or off. The color of te icon changes to show it is selected.

It would be especially good for when you are recording a video for example, so that your are not distracted by your artboards in the background.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Layout and picture boxes, rulers and guides

The model for layout programs is to use layout boxes that you import assets into whether text or pictures. This what makes layout programs like indesign so flexible and powerful.

Mask with shape is absolutely the wrong approach.

Adobe has had the worlds best layout and design program in indesign for more than a decade now. The XD team seriously need to start paying attention to how things are done in indesign if they want to create a great product. Just because XD is for the digital workspace does not mean that the principals of what make a great layout…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Like Xd to the Flinto app

Like Xd to the Flinto app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Native OS X UI when possible

I've noticed that Adobe is trying to use more custom UI elements in it's products which I actually find make them harder - not easier - to use. Products like Sketch have found a real following by using the UI elements and paradigms provided by the operating system. I think XD should use more of the OS UI so that it would feel like other apps that I use and be able to have updated UI styles as the OS is updated over time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The requests that have been in the comments thread are all related to existing stories in UserVoice. I’m marking this one as Action Required in order to close it out.

As noted in other comments in this thread, here are the existing stories you can upvote:

Thanks!

-Elaine

15. Good import for easier migrating to the platform

What is also crucial whenever a new platform comes is a transition to that platform. What if I have 100+ files in .psd or .ai or .sketch and I really like the new XD platform. That's almost 100% chance. For now, no platform have at least average solution for that. I have files in .ai but I want my team to migrate to .psd or .sketch... and it's time consuming mechanistic manual monkey job.

It would be great and ease the transition if XD will have:
    – Import to XD from .psd, .ai, .sketch with all the artboards
    – Import…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are several different requests here, and I think a bunch of them are already tracked as their own individual suggestions:

Please upvote any of those that you need, so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

You can already bring content into XD from all three of these tools by copy-pasting individual elements/layers. Some of the issues listed in the original request here seem to be related to poor fidelity or other problems when importing content this way. If you’re hitting issues like that, could you please file a new UserVoice bug report with as much detail as possible? Ideally, please share screenshots or even an actual AI/PSD/Sketch file that shows the problem.

Thanks!

16. preset

would be lovely to have downloadable presets containing a variety of editable assets like color templates, buttons, more transitions and animated effects!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Text Frame Options

Options for align text vertically, apply color settings to frame such as fill, border and padding like InDesign text frames.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. From China Baidu inc 's PM: values to users is result and efficiency , but there are some problem

设计的结果对于用户有核心价值,评判结果好坏有多个标准:其中很重要的就是美观度。用户想要达到好的美观度,有不同的效率,其实当前市场上很多同类产品都能达到很好的效果,但效率方面差别很大。下面几点是影响效率的重要因素:
    1.可DIY的默认设置:包括矩形的样子、快捷键、填充等等,可R+1代表第一类矩形,R+2代表第二类矩形,而这些都可以自定义设置。还有包括字体、画布、iphone背景、参考线等等,希望都能DIY默认情况。
    2.文字编辑,希望能够完善项目符号的功能,类似evernote的功能即可。这样PM就可以通过XD进行PRD的撰写。因为设计和方案往往是连带的。
    3.对齐策略,两个矩形对其时,其连接处将要重合的那条线,为什么不直接重合掉?还做了两条线,这样设计效率很低,每次还需要手动调整,影响最终的美观度。
    4.导出为PNG时,应该为高清晰度版,不要只是模糊版,因为设计师都苛求精致,作为作品输出时,必须要清晰的。
    3.可自定义元件库:其实在交互设计的过程中,很多样式都是很固定的那么几种,如果可以自己预先定义好,效率无疑非常高。

(translated)
    1. pre-defined style definitions for objects with fonts, background, guides, etc.
    2. typography: add bullet points
    3. Snap to overlap, not snap to side-by-side
    4. Export to PNG seems to be low-quality
    5. Customizable libraries

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We have been breaking up feature requests into smaller components, so it would help us if you could upvote on your features:

1. Style definitions: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12934134.

2. Bullet points: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16073923

3. Snapping is dependent on the stroke, so what you’re looking for is stroke https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12942135

4. Please check that you’re exporting to the correct screen size. If you still see issues, please report them in UserVoice separately.

5. We’re looking at CC Libraries: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930321. We also are working on Symbols at the moment: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931467.

Please take a chance to vote on each if you still see these as features you would like!

-Elaine

19. Digital Ad Prototypes

I've been looking for a tool like this to prototype digital ads. I love that I can both import from PS and AI and publish to html for sharing. To make digital ads, we'd need:

+ More animation options
    + Animated objects
    + Linked .psd and .ai files (so I can apply features in AI or PS and just use XD for prototyping

Not essential but helpful:
    + For others to be able to comment on the html prototypes

Thanks!!
    Kate

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

I will close this request to keep our feature list tidy, but please feel free to file new individual UserVoice suggestions for any other ideas that we may have missed. Thanks for your feedback!

20. Paste to the same place in another project

The feature arrange > send to back doesn`t work properly.
    And I would like to paste copied things at the same place in another projekt.

But I think, its a great programm to show moch ups. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base