Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
You can reach our support team for bugs in the following locations:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic colors

Color swatch is Great!!... But we have not yet been able to delete the saved colors nor to edit them, leaving several unused colors in the palette.

I know a lot of ideas are being sent but I believe that color management deserves attention since when we need to change a color we have to manually change all the elements. My idea is basically to be able to edit a color in the palette and see all the elements flipping to this new color in real time. The gain in productivity would be incredible!
    In short, my request is:
    1)…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Text Rendering at zoomed out views

Text rendering is very poor at anything other than 100% view.

Fitting to screen produces scratchy text lines — much poorer than the way InDesign would handle such a thing.
    Please improve this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. settings

I use the Windows version so idk how far the Mac version is in this, but where is "Settings"?! I'm used to customizing software I use so it perfectly match my needs. Here I can't even change keybindings, color theme, defaults, etc..
    I think this is really important feature - every software should have settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Indicate when the project is being saved visually

Sometime the autosave doesn't work so I started always saving, but then I don't know if I actually saved the project so I have to check if the Save in the File menu is deactivated, it would be nice to have a bar in the bottom that shows a message or a progressing bar to know that your project is being saved.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. create subclass

Hi Guys
    I think should be great if when I made a symbol, I can change some properties without change the root symbol, the capacity to choose between create a new symbol or a sub symbol (the sub symbol take the properties no affected in the edition) with this property we can change general properties and affect the children.

thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support Fireworks-style symbols

take the symbol concept and grouping concept from adobe fireworks - it is well designed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shadows lost when copying from Illustrator

When i copy an artboard in from illustrator into xd, shadows get lost and are not imported. That style should be carried over instead of having to recreate it in xd

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. text

• Text with list feature, and able to change the bullet style

• Allows tabs key in the text

• Lines spacing should just be priority, e.g beside font size, location is not intuitive enough

• Able to set global font colour and style, Eg. H1, H2, body

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Just in general, UserVoice is best when you file an individual idea instead of a group of ideas. Most of the ideas you’ve submitted are already in our database. Please upvote for them!

Elaine

11. Master of text: padding styles, margin styles, paragraph styles, character styles.

Padding style: can be applied to a shape. Then using text tool click the shape and type. The padding is maintained on resizing the object (unless the value is changed in the padding style).

Margin style: works like the space before, left, right or after in InDesign. Can be applied to any object or text block.

Paragraph styles and Character styles (useful for links) work in the same way as Indesign (perhaps using web terminology, % values, rems).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! Just in general, UserVoice works best when you only add one idea per submission. Some of the ideas you’ve suggested are already in the database, and only need to be upvoted.

Hope that helps!

Elaine

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Handle large prototypes

I don't really have an idea for this, by that I mean a solution. All I have is my current problem: I have a very large prototype with A LOT of artboards, because this feature is quite big. Problem is, managing all the links between all the artboards and different elements is becoming challenging, and it's becoming harder and harder for me to manage what should be linked to what and how.

Been trying to Google this a bit, but haven't found much to be honest.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. URGENT!!! *Rulers and guides* !!!!!!

Rulers and guides are very necessary in this program. Please make sure that elementary things to be added. thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. awsome for new users! But you should add some more features like some of them in sketch>

While prototyping more virtual options would have worked great. But again this is very good platform for learners or beginers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for trying out XD! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you make specific feature requests. In the meantime, our common suggestions are available for you to upvote within the system. Please do take a look at existing suggestions and upvote to let us know you’re interested!

Elaine

16. Flipping Option(Horizontal, Vertical) and Paragraph to paragraph Line Spacing

Image flipping option needed. Because when i flipp some visual , i can not able to rotate negative.means horizontal or vertical. And paragraph to paragraph spacing also good option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Features That Will Really Improve The Workflow

So, I have been using XD since the start of this app and I really enjoy it, but as I was previously using Sketch app and when I shifted to XD. I usually get stuck in doing many things. Below is the list of features that XD should add:

1. Text Gradients
      Adding text gradients is very necessary as sometime we want to give a 3D look to our text using gradients and it is very difficult to do it in XD. I think it would be good to have a same dropdown as for shapes.

2. Multiple Fills
      That is another…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! We really appreciate the thoughtfulness you’ve put into this post. UserVoice works best if you split your ideas up (for merging and upvoting), so we’d appreciate it if you could upvote existing stories or file new ones.

As it is, a number of your suggestions already exist in the database. For instance:

Thanks!

-Elaine

18. Vectors Shapes Objects >Path >Convert path is not an appropriate functioning like Adobe Illustrator Path finders. we expecting like that. F

XD is very optimisation tool like Sketch but Vector Editor no one can beat Adobe illustrator in XD we need like that so soothing vector editors (path finders)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change coordinate system to use points instead of virtual pixels

I'd like to be able to switch the design mode to use points for coordinates and sizes.
    Translating points works really easily in other apps so I know exactly how to layout on a matching device size in Xcode.
    The virtual pixel on XD does not match up to points 1:1 with Xcode.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)