Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

• Comments section is very valuable, but people have been missing that during handoffs and discussions. Its not clear that tapping the icon is will open up the comments panel. A first time learning curve.
    • Also replies are not easily discovered. It might make sense to collapse when we have a lot of comments/ replies in a thread, but to start with can we have everything opened up. Or a switch to full collapse/ open
    • It also not evident if new comments are placed. I do get a notification but would need to go to each screen to hunt for the…
    19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1. As a designer (working in a complex document) when I select an item on an artboard, if it happens to be a symbol (if Symbol Library panel is open), I would like the corresponding symbol in the Symbol Library to be highlighted. This will help me to locate it so I can name or delete it from the library. Then, if I selected every artboard on a document it would highlight all of the used symbols in the Symbol Library. This would help me to identify any unused symbols - for deletion/cleanup.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2. Please add this we really need this one, give me an option when i exporting an image for android to set name of the image. Because it creates 7-8 files for each image. thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Tappable carousel images are a common feature in mobile apps. These require the ability to swipe left, swipe right, and tap the same object. Please add this facility while introducing advanced interaction features in XD. Having a single interaction per object is a great deterrent in real-world user testing.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. This suggestion actually is for you guys on this Feature Request Board.

You guys have been so hard at work enabling features and when I search for them I see the bright green text saying the feature has been published. And Elaine does a great job of telling when the feature is available.

The issue is that I don't quite know how to use the new feature or see it's effects. Is there a way to see a quick animated screen grab of the feature so i know how to use the feature you guys have now implemented?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to have auto adjusting text box as you type letters(width,height) instead manually having to drag it.Similar feature can be found in "gravit designer".

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Right now, you can override text and bitmaps in a symbol. I'd like to be able to override appearance properties like opacity, fill color, borders, shadows, and font style.

419 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

7. we need an "undo" function please. honest to god, cannot believe this is not a function in this app...

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As multiple people have mentioned, undo is one of those critical features that we’ve had in the product since the first day. On Windows, you can right-click on the canvas to get the context menu and undo, or you can Ctrl+Z.

Hope that helps.

-Elaine

8. Ability to save symbols so that they could be used on any project would be very useful. As of now, symbols added can only be used on that particular project only.

430 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

To learn more about this feature check out:
    https://letsxd.com/whats-new
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

9. Would be great if we could add multiples symbols at once rather than adding one by one. Maybe let grouped items be imported to the symbols section altogether.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. just like in Illustrator, Set grid, turn it on, any move using mouse or kbd keys will always snap the move to the created grid. very impt for UX design work.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. So I started playing with Symbols Override for the June Update, but I feel this feature is still a little limited to what we can do.

Like I want to create a master nav bar with active and default states. But the override doesn't allow me to have that flexibility.

Same thing applies to a tab bar for iOS apps.

Right now I feels this Symbols Override feature only works for Buttons when you want to keep the same button styling but have different text. Or maybe cards with bitmap images, but not in a repeated grid list view format.

350 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The start experience on first run does not have a button that allows us to open existing XD files. Every other Adobe product allows this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For usability tests, I want to disable/hide the hotspots when you click. The hotspots make the tests too easy for the user.

The main reason I changed to Adobe XD is that I can do everything with just one tool. Now I have to use InVision/Marvel again for the usability tests because I can't disable the hotspots.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When an object is very small on screen -- either due to zooming out, or just because it's small -- XD hides some resize handles to prevent them from jumbling all together.

On Mac, handles don't disappear until they're really overlapping. At 100% zoom, you can make a square as small as 16x16 and still see all eight handles (and it'll still give you four handles all the way down to 8x8).

On Windows however, you can only go down to 64x64 before handles start vanishing. And it'll drop from 4 handles to 1 at any size below 32x32.

This…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "As a web viewer, it was not clear that I can add comments." It appears that the input field for adding notes may be so far down on the page on large monitors that it is being missed. See attached screen shot with notes notations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Line break in comments

Ideally 'shift' + 'enter' would be the shortut key for that line break

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I work with a file that in the beginning was just a wirefrsame clickdummie and now is a full UI clickdummie. When I shared it online the first time, I uploaded an icon to provide the Share Online link. Back by now the project had a complete other name and logo and the icon doesn’t fit well anymore …

Is there the possibility to change the Icon? I didn’t find the request here yet …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Us windows (10) user are really badly stuck for a good prototyping tool. It is awful to see, once again, that windows users of XD are trailing Mac users in terms of functionality!

Sketchapp have ignored Windows users, which IMHO is going to be the eventual cause of their demise as most design/dev teams use a mix of OSs in house.

I looked at Adobe XD last year and again over the past day. Windows users are still being treated as second class users to Mac users.

Please speed up or Windows development! Features of both OSs should be released…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

Apologies for the delay, but we are definitely treating Windows as a first class citizen in the XD ecosystem. With the exception of some UWP platform limitations (specifically: preview recording, USB tethered mobile preview, and some font stuff), we’re at feature alignment and have committed to releasing all new features on Mac and Windows. We’re also investing in bringing some Windows-only features in the future, so stay tuned for that!

I’m marking this feature as closed.

-Elaine

19. Adobe Xd needs widgets libraries to create a new menu from scratch, In this way helps us to create an screen easily doing drag and drop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been working with a variety of partners to provide more robust UI kits for you to use, including menu elements. Apple, Google, and Microsoft have all provided a number of different UI kits with sticker sheet elements to get you started.

Note that you can also create new artboards by simply switching to the artboard tool and clicking.

Please do feel free to file a new story if you’d like to see additional features.

Thanks,

-Elaine