Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. When you open a document and it says a font is missing, but tracking down that missing font can be a nightmare.

Often this can occur when moving from one system to another (home to work for example), so doing a find and replace would be very helpful, but just finding the "issue" would be invaluable, because sometimes a type box may not be readily visible to even find it to correct.

298 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We’ve improved this in the March release! If you don’t see an update, select the … icon in the Creative Cloud desktop app and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have further feedback on this feature, please feel free to file a new ticket!

2. I'd like to be able to use Magic Move which is the function of keynote for screen transition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I often ‘save as’ my app, and rebrand it for a different client. Despite renaming the saved-as file, if I SHARE AGAIN, it will remember the old URL – and sometimes I’m tired enough to accidentally over-write the file. This would be disastrous with clients! Please forget the URL of a saved-as file.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hello,

The Creative Cloud Libraries are a great addition! Thank you for that. We're looking forward to seeing more of the assets usable.

However, there seems to be missing the NAME of the style/color. Each of the assets in my (very extensive) library has a coded name and is shared with many designers and the name of the library asset is essential for the understanding of what asset is what (especially for character sizes)

Thanks!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. With the latest update of adobe XD you can copy & paste the interaction from one element to another but considering we usually have same elements across multiple screens with minor variations like active & hover states etc ( for example a bottom navigation bar in mobile app) it is still a tedious task to copy & paste interaction across all those multiple screen so i suggest that we should be able to select multiple elements ( say 4 buttons at navigation bar on screen 1 ) and copy interaction, then select the 4 items on screen 2 and paste…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Just like in Illustrator, it should be possible to add colors, styles, symbols, ... to a new or existing CC library.

At this moment, the CC library is of not much use when you're creating a brand new project in a team of XD designers.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Guy

317 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest release of Adobe XD, you can now write colors, character styles, and objects to CC Libraries. Check it out and let us know what you think! Please feel free to file individual tickets for additional features you’d like to see in this area.

7. I'm on W10. The library doesn't work at all. When I open the Xd my library items are absent. The only thing I was able to retrieve was some of my color library but all my vector files and color schemes is not available. I actually get sections I have never ever created! Like a section named Shapes. In the library item section I get the text "unsupported elements".

So is everything I have in my CC library unsupported in Xd? I thought the main purpose of the library was to be able to use the items cross apps? Seems…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Manually drag-n-drop to sort assets in the Assets window

Problem:
    Assets in the Asset window are not always sorted per expectation.
    Example-1: If during a project I create a tint of a certain color, I may want to place that swatch next to its parent color.
    Example-2: I need to sort my color assets in accordance with our style-guide and have the primary prior to my secondary colors.

Solution:
    Be able to drag-n-drop assets in the Asset window to sort them manually.

380 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Style Guide - Rollover Highlighting

With the release of v. 0.8.22, when you rollover a style in the "Character Styles" listing, it should highlight all elements in the project that use that style. Inversely, if I click on an object that uses that style, it should highlight the style.

The current implementation means we have repeat entries if two usages share the same stylings, but could deviate in the future, because the use case is different.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I love this feature in InDesign and Illustrator. In InDesign if you double click the lower right corner of the textbox it scales to fit. Similarly in Illustrator if you click the handles on the right center or bottom center of the textbox it will scale to fit.

This feature would help better determine handling to padding/margins be more reflective of final development

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can currently fit area text to its content by double-clicking the bottom area text resize handle.

It works both when the text is shorter than the area text box and when the text is larger than the area text box. When the text is larger than the box and truncated, the bottom resize handle will turn red.

11. I'd like to have a key binding that would not snap to grid while I'm trying to position an item. The location I need might be close to a grid line, so it would automatically snap to it, but I'd need it to be juuuuust off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great to have a 'sketch' UI toolkit (similar visually to Balsamiq), to allow for creating a wireframe with a focus on the content and workflows, rather than on execution of design and style (or the ability to toggle between the 2).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be extremely valuable to have a dimension view or developer view where the size and color code for each element is visible. All text or other distractions would be hidden and the user would have the option to reorganize the auto populated layout of dimensions. This feature would definitely put Adobe XD way ahead of any competitor.

There are more variables to consider, but this is an great idea to build off of.

Cheers!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would really love in XD to have an option to import artboards from Illustrator. Working in UX with teams who create mockups in Illustrator, it would be a nice option to see a workflow where I can import my artboards so I can then prototype within XD.

Currently, I copy and paste in from Illustrator, which works, but it doesn't retain data sometimes such as drop shadows, which is an issue for some within the team.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the most recent update (Oct 15, 2018), you can now open your Illustrator files in Adobe XD, while retaining artboards, layers, and editability.

15. Hi! I just accidentially created a new link for a project when I intended to update the link. I can not find a way to revert to the old link. This is important in this scenario because we had notes to/from the client in the old link that we now are copy/pasting into the new link, but it would be ideal to simply revert and delete the accidental new link. Thanks for considering this!

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a "Guideline Mode" in addition to the prototype mode and design mode. This would be a content area of speficications like color schemes, used fonts, symbols and other visuals etc. It would be good to have a basic content template for the most typical things like color palette etc. but make it also possible to add custom content.

This functionality would help to work on the design in teams and to communicate the design fundamentals to customer and developers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A very important feature missing from AdobeXD is the option to name elements.
    The biggest strenght of AdobeXD is in the SVG output. I can design a website and use the svg assets directly in my project as UI elements. The only problem is that it lacks an option to name elements and symbols and to preserve those names as xml attributes in the exported svg file. Selecting those manually every time is a waste of time. Using names would allow to update assets in projects automatically when you edit those in AdobeXD.
    Please add the option to name elements…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adobe XD version 0.6.34.3 Beta on macOS Sierra 10.12.5

.xd files that are saved in Creative Cloud don't get versioning. The tab "Activity" is missing completely. Other file types (like .psd) are working fine.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 希望Adobe公司可以尽快的支持中文,对于中国的使用者使用英文版软件是比较困难的,希望可以使用中文版的XD,这样会让更多的中国设计人员使用XD进行工作

Machine translation: "I hope that Adobe can support Chinese as soon as possible, for Chinese users to use the English version of the software is more difficult, hope to use the Chinese version of the XD, this will allow more Chinese designers to use XD to work"

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It's very annoying anytime I copy/paste an item within a group or not, that it pastes it into the top of that group in my panel. Instead of right above the item I have selected. If I want to clean up my panel I have to constantly move my items down where I want them after pasting.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)