Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
You can reach our support team for bugs in the following locations:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A simple keyboard command to an delete interaction when in prototype mode

It is difficult delete an interaction now, (or in fact change it but that is for another day) to delete it you have to keep moving to where you want to delete an interaction from, since you have added the '+' on prototype link items.

A simple keyboard command al la 'paste interaction' would be perfect then no scrolling around the canvas will be required.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. If you currently select the wire, you can press the delete key to delete the wire. If you have multiple, you can select the interaction in the property inspector and press the delete key. Are you looking for something different?

2. My comment box is always went missing

This error happens on Design Feedback screens. My comment box is always went missing when I post something on the comment sections

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alert warning modal for replacing old links with new links

When clicking Create New Link, please provide an alert pop up window, asking the user, "Are you sure you want to replace your old link with this new link? Once you generate a new link, you will not be able to get the old link back.' [button: "Continue|Cancel"]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Draw Multiple lines at a time and attach them to one artboard at the same time

Say we have 200 artboards, and one of them is a home screen. Instead of connecting lines one-by-one to the home screen artboard, we should be able to select multiple artboards or other objects and drag them to the home sceen. So if you shift-clicked on multiple objects/artboards, then you should be able to draw a line at one time, and connect all of the artboards to the home screen.

A is the home screen, B and C are other parts, with home buttons. Instead of having to drag a from B to A, and C to A, users should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Zooming with external mouse (not trackpad) like in Miro -> Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan

I got really simple suggestion for scrolling in your app - do as Miro did when scrolling with external mouse.

Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan. I think it's a quick win and you will make usage with external mouse muuuuch easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple character styles in one text frame

It would be helpful to apply more than one character style to text in a text box. It would be particularly helpful when formatting long text like a blog post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. interaction connector overlapping

Overlapping of multiple interaction connectors cause difficulty in selecting the arrow of interest (blue arrow in attached img) requiring clicking once on root and again on arrow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Select corners and set radius

My natural workflow of setting corner radius is to select the corners of an object that I need and then go to the sidebar and set the radii for them. Sadly XD doesn't show the radius field anymore when corners are selected. Please fix this since selecting an object and then think which of those fields represent which corner it is uses way too much headspace.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Live preview for tablets - Android & iOS

There's live preview now for mobile devices; both Android and iOS and that's great. But we need the same for tablet devices as well. For both iPads and Android tablets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Color pick (i) on paths

Color picking should work with paths too. Am I doing something wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Note that ‘i’ actually picks the fill, not the border. For paths, you’re probably trying to change the border color. If you’re looking to change the border, I’ll merge this with the request to have the shortcut toggle to the border as well.

12. undo and redo history buttons... PLEASE

undo and redo history buttons... PLEASE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Component Overrides

I would love to have the ability to create overrides for master components. For example if I create a card, I would like to be able to select a text field, and in the properties panel have an overrides section where I can hit add. The properties panel would then give me a text field where I could type the new text and it would update that component.

That override field would be available on all instances of the component, each with its override content being separated from the other instances.

However, the text itself in the component would still…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Text Border / Bounding Box

The attached screenshot has the "System" text on top of the box.

CURRENTLY: I need to create a layer underneath to break the line and make the system on top of it. This is troublesome if I'm working with a page that has 10000-000000-00000 input fields.

ASK: If i have a way to make the text' border 5, i can effectively eliminate the need to create a layer underneath, the amount of work is going to be halved, and that will scale.

ASK2: if not, can i have a solid box to cover the line where the text will be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Organize, Edit & Name artboards in XD like you can in Illustrator

It would be very useful to be able to Organize, Arrange, Edit & Name artboards in XD exactly like you can in Illustrator.

Currently in XD you have to arrange the boards linearly from left to right in order to share and export them properly. If you could organize the artboards like you can in AI it would allow for smoother organization, grouping and exporting capabilities.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Resize in Export

It should be possible to resize boards in export like in Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Define multiple strings at once

Make it possible to define multiple Strings by selecting all elements that are supposed to hold those strings. Saves a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Link stings in Components

When converting an element with strings into a component, the strings attached should be included. It's helpful when you convert a menu bar into a component.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. An option to not include text values in components

Lets say you have a Button designed as a component but you want it to have different labels in different situations - the problem I have: every time I change something in the primary component, the label always sets back as well. It would be nice if I could set some "Lorem Ipsum" as a placeholder text that can be changed in child components without repercussions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hand tool not working

The hand tool doesn't seem to work, I am trying with the keyboard (h) and (space bar), first the hand tool doesn't appear, and when it does I can't move around, I need to zoom in and out to navigate through artboards which makes it really hard to work in XD.

I am using windows 10, and a wacom tablet as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base