Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deselect Home Artboard

Need the ability to 'deselect' the home artboard.

Issue: If I create a prototype with links to the home artboard I can share everything linked to home.

If I then need to remove all connectors so none of the pages were linked, but I still want to publish all artboards, it won't allow me to do it. Only the home artboard is selected.

Basically, once you have physically selected the home artboard by clicking the home icon (rather than having XD do it by default when you create your first board) then you're done! Only one screen can be published…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Changelog for every XD update

Major releases seem to get changelog updates in a handful of places, but not all updates are clear as to what is actually being improved. It's kind of annoying and confusing to update, like the one 2 days ago for example, and have no clue what's changed even after a google search. It makes it unclear if this is the "monthly" update or bugfixes or whatever. Would be cool to see what's actually improved.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show Layout Grid in Development Share Link

Show layout grids on artboards when in development mode - how this feature (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/inspect-design-specs.html#Viewandinspectlayoutgridproperties) was removed as a feature with update 24.x boggles me...

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow editing shared specs links' titles - use case for derivative files.

If I make derivative files from a file that was already shared as a specs link all derivatives will have the same title on the shared specs screen.

Confusing to devs and clients and a common use case when working on products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Expand text to outlines

Because text does not resize the same way objects do, it would be nice to have the option to expand text to outlines the same way Illustrator does. This would turn text into shapes and allow for resizing/shaping.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keyboard prtotype shortcut triggers

An extra feature for the keyboard triggers to be able to facilitate shortcut mode as well.

The feature would be able to set up 2-3 buttons as a trigger to show a new overlay or artboard. (example: Command+K, Command+Space bar or Command+Shift+E).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Labeling Character Styles and Colors. ex. "Heading 1, Heading 2, Body text" and "Brand color"

I want to be able to have the option to name my Character Styles, ex. "Heading 1" "Heading 2" "Body text" etc. and Colors "Primary", "Secondary" etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Switch between grid and flow view for Share for Development

There has been a recent change to the share for Dev view. We relied on that view to express flows. Now it is in a grid similar to Zeplin. I get the change, but not the removal. It would be great to be able to switch between the two. This way individual assets are still quickly accessed and the flow can also be expressed. Our devs were looking at the linking and able to view the overall flow. This was determined to be extremely helpful.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  65 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Resizing elements within components should resize bounds

Give us the ability to re-size master components after we create them. Currently if you add/change anything outside of the master component initial size, it gets masked off with no way to resize the master (and then all the instances) of the component.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi XD Community -

Thanks for your feedback!

With XD’s August release, you could resize/move/add/remove objects inside a component, and the component bounds will automatically adjust to fit those objects.

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

-Sherif

10. Move Fix Position when scrolling back to design mode

i ve just noticed you removed the preserve scroll position from design. This is a horrible thing for me. Doing that forces me to prototype EVERYTHING.

for example: i have 100 artboards that are unconnected due to time saving ( i dont need to prototype everything ) but moving that button forces me to do it becaus now i cant make a quick preview for my client where he can scroll up and down. Now i will have to connect ALL 100+ boards together.

why? Because when you are EXPORTING for REVIEW or DEVELOPMENT
    only the connected boards are being…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Indication of master component on the layers panel

There's nothing that I have found that indicates that a component is a master component or not, other than the green outline(instead of blue) only when selected, and right-clicking every component and seeing whether "Edit Master Component" exists or not in the context-menu. These two current indicators are not helpful at a high level because you have to select or click on each individual component instead of being able to see this information at a glance in the component/layers list.

The layer/component icon changes when the group is open(revealing the layers inside) or closed. This is not a necessary change…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Opacity 0% keyboard shortcut

It would be awesome to have a keyboard shortcut to quickly apply 0% opacity to elements.

As an example, I do this often to keep elements on the page and use them as anchor points in prototypes, despite them not being visible. #ghostbutton

Thanks for your time! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Scrolling to target art-board when prototyping

When in Prototype Mode, sometimes elements are very far away on canvas.

Screen should scroll when trying to connect to Prototype Target.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Components use Responsive Resize, even when disabled.

I need to expand the bounds of a component while retaining the size of the content. This is helpful when changing the position of button prompts from inside to outside of the modal space.

When I try to resize the component it resizes the content inside, even when Responsive Resize is disabled.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Collapse the property inspector on design specs

When on the smaller screens (desktop and mobile) the Asset panel takes up a large space of the screen. Create possibility to collapse and open this, or make more mobile friendly.
    To be able to use to whole screen to only view the artboard, click on elements and see their specs on mobile and have space to create comments.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Material design and iOS UI kit

Provide UI kit for material design and iOS like Sketch has it in their software. There is no kit available anywhere for Adobe xd

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Link color and type assets between documents

Easiest way by far to share colors & text style across documents. Should work like symbols - update Master in Master doc, propagate changes from master to children

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Save as dialog confusion

After update this dialog box confuses and I find its very complicated. Please use system UI instead of this new one. Because I rename the file and when I hit enter it saves in last location without asking me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple interactions on a single artboard

We need to add multiple ways of moving from one screen to another. Currently the only way to do this is to add the interactions to various elements on the artboard, which makes it difficult to find where those interactions are.

For example, to move from artboard A to artboard B, a user could press Home, Down or say "Artboard A". I can only add one of these interactions to the artboard as a whole at the moment.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Copy and Paste artboards to new document should retain prototype wires

Consolidation, iteration, etc would be improved by allowing wires to be copied with artboards as they are moved between documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base