Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scroll horizontally by holding shift

When holding shift and rotating the mouse wheel, I'd like the canvas to move horizontally, just like Figma does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Design System manager

DSM like InVision or Toolabs.
    Components, text scales, colours and much more.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WebStorm Extension

I loved the included plugin for VS Code. However, I use WebStorm. Many software developers also use WebStorm. Therefore, we would appreciate it if you made a similar plugin for WebStorm.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Inspect if an element is a component and know where it comes from

I've used this functionality with Zeplin, and it's considerably useful for a Developer to know if that element should integrate it as a reusable component or just as a specific element of a page (and also know where it comes from and on which pages it's currently being used)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Would like the extension to be available for Microsoft Visual Studio Professional

Great to see the extension added to Visual Studio Code. Would like to have access to it also in Visual Studio Professional. This is wat the Engineers use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable selection of download image resolution from design specs

Allow developers to download smaller sized/lower resolution images, along with other formats like jpg.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. double-click instead of ctrl/cmd+click to select nested layers in development link

I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but every time I hand off projects to developers I need to educate them that they must CTRL+CLICK to select layers that are behind a transparent object or inside the mask. For designers, CTRL+Click is obvious but not for developers.

Selecting nested layers should be assigned to the most commonly performed action by the users that try to do it and don't know how, which is "smashing that mouse button until it works". With that said, double-click s the way to go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Darken background on Design Specs for white assets

The current grey makes it usually impossible to see white assets. If adobe could dynamically use a darker grey for images that are almost entirely white, that would help a lot. Currently, I have to change the CSS in devtools if I want to see white assets.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Multiple flows in developer specs

one missing feature in many prototyping app is the ability to show screenflows. which Overflo is doing very well.
    Can XD support multiple flows to be exported into same development link so it is easy to refer to how screens are all connected together?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Annotate constraints for developers

Having the ability to export constraints applied to artboards

I would like to know if it is possible to export constraints applied to assets/artwork within an XD project, this would help devs with positioning of specific items.
    I’m aware that there are HTML and CSS export options and plugins, but would like to know if it is at all possible retrieve constraint information to pass on to developers?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the clarification! At the moment, you can annotate using comments and turn on the layout grid. If you’re interested in annotation, I can merge this with an existing request we have open.

11. Flag updated screens in Design Specs

I always have to copy the link of the specific screen that has been updated and send it to the developer......i was wondering if there was a way to let developers know which screens have been updated and also which element was updated...removed...deleted...or something of the sort

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make code section more obvious for Design Specs for first time users

Hi!

I have faced many a times that when i share adobe cloud link for development purpose with the developers, for the first time they face really hard time to figure out how to see those assets or coding section.

Could that development section selection (small </> button in the corner of the screen) be made more intuitive or by default option for the development link. Or maybe feature discovery could work??

It can really enhance the experience for the web view users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. View list of assets before updating design spec

I think it will be nice and cool in XD if users should be able to view list of assets for export before creating or updating a preview link..

It save time in trying to view unwanted assets files which might be export for live preview which might not be needed causing more time to go back to design mode to unmark the unwanted assets...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve edited this specifically to reflect your request to list the assets before publishing. If you go to Share Mode, we’ll already highlight which artboards you’re sharing, which, based on your description, isn’t what you want.

14. Font label support in design specs

Designers are able to add colors, fonts, icons, and many more to the library asset. We're able to even provide custom names to our assets.

When designers share their work, which is made up of assets from library, developers are able to see the custom names for colors, icons, and components.

But for whatever reason, you cannot see the names of the fonts (Name should be Body-xsmall). Could this feature be added?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Design Changing Tracker

I work with a team. I have trouble tracking which designs have been changed and which have not. so I really want the feature to track which artboard has the design changed. there is a log history for that seems like fun to me and the team. hopefully next month I get that feature

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Xamarin/and or Firebase plug-in

My devs are using Xamarin. It would be nice to share my file with them in a way that makes it quicker for them to code my prototype. This might be dumb but I thought I might as well ask.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adjust design specs background

Most of our assets are white as we have a dark background on our app and this makes the asset view in dev mode totally useless.

Please give use a darker colour or allow us to pick one that works for us.
    Alternatively give us a list view option with label names so we can see what we are doing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reduce the header & footer on the shared Development files.

The huge header and footer (ESPECIALLY THE FOOTER) on the bottom of the display area of a shared Development (export for Web) mockup is ridiculous. PLEASE reduce it significantly!

WHY is are the header and footer so huge? We're not trying to show-off Adobe XD. The Software Engineers I work with could care less about Adobe XD! They want to see a spec'd mockup that they can use. I'm trying to show-off a mockup and most of the screen is taken up by useless, space-hogging Adobe XD stuff.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sort design tokens the way it's arranged in the assets panel

The Design Tokens feature is a welcome and useful addition.
    However I was surprised, that the colors did appear in a completely random order in the stylesheet. I had intentionally sorted them in my assets panel.

I mean sorting them alphabetically would have been a conclusive choice too, but scrambling them is bad.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Comment on overlay layer

When adding development notes to an overlay page, the pins are fixed to the page behind the overlay causing the pins to be in the wrong position when you have a scroll-able modal overlay. It would be helpful if the pins could be fixed to the overlay itself so the pins stay in context.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base