Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Convert Paths to Images

I sometimes Illustrate directly in Adobe XD, please allow us to Rasterize or Select which Paths should be downloable for developers. I spent too much time manually exporting paths

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete all unresolved comments.

I have very old comments that might have been resolved before, but i can't delete or find out where are the comments, there is no way to delete or resolve this comments, clicking on them it gets me to the wrong artboard and I can't replicate the actions to make this comments appear, either give us the option to delete this comments or improve the display of this comments inside components.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preview graphic on the sidebar when clicking on an element on the artboard

Sometimes designers forget to name their layers and hand them off via the design spec sheet. It would be nice to be able to see a preview of the graphic on the specs sidebar when you click it on the artboard.

For example I click an image on the artboard, and the spec sidebar it tells me that i've clicked on Group 114, but I'm not exactly sure if it's the graphic that I need because it's a grouped layer. I know I can right click to view layers, but it would just a be a whole lot more convenient…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Preview feature in Design Specs

It would be nice to be able to see a preview on the sidebar of the element that you clicked from the main artboard. That would make it just quicker for devs to download what they need, especially when clicking on layers that are buried beneath other layers. I know you can right click and select the layer you need, but sometimes layers aren't named properly, and it'll just be a great quality of life improvement to be able to preview what you are clicking on the main artboard. Most design spec platforms already have this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Code snippets for buttons in default and hover states

Is there a way to view code snippets for buttons in their default and hover states when a prototype is shared with developers?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Jump to artboard in design spec

I am a developer and our designer publishes multiple art boards. I often have to job from board to board. It would be really helpful to be able to access the other boards quickly without having to back out of the current board. Maybe even an optional filter that can sort by recently opened.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to be able to inspective the color of a downloadable SVG components

Our UI kit and pixel perfect pages reuse single core components like icons throughout but they might appear in different colours.
    However when those components are also downloadable marked for export as (which we would like them to be) they can no longer be inspected for colour.

Can you include colour in the inspection UI properties for downloadable assets please - we only need to be download assets once but want to inspect the colours for various states quickly in XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remember previously selected flow view setting in Design Specs

It would be much better if setting highlighted on the screenshot with red square would be remembered every time I open the page

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Toggle to view fixed padding specs

Fixed padding is great! Similar to the ability to view the layout grid columns, the ability to view the fixed padding universally could be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Control which asset types are available in design specs

Hello Adobe i work with a TI team, we produce different types of websites. Developers in my team often ask me to send them images in specific formats, and sizes to optimize web`s performance. It would be great to have control of what extensions (.jpg, .png, .svg) are displayed in the download dropdown (picture send).

As the designer of the team i would like to hand the developers the files just as they need. I hope you found this comment useful !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display component names in development prototype

When you develop a design system in XD the structure of your components should be visible in the specs panel of your development prototype.
    If you build sensible components in XD with a clear naming scheme you can communicate a lot of context to the developer.
    In order to collaborate effectively teams should aim to share class or tag names between prototype and frontend code.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. One dashboard for developers

One dashboard with al prototypes for developers. Select project and see al specs. (zeplin) Now it's only send a link to developer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rename option while downloading assets from design specs

Developers tend to use other naming conventions than designers for exported assets. Having an option to rename each asset right before the download button on the design spec screen would be very helpful (especially for Android developers since they would have to get into several folders if they want to rename assets themselves).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Increase scroll speed in design spec one-up view

In the https://xd.adobe.com/spec/xyz-xyz../screen/xyz-xyz... screens, I regularly read a design that spans about 2 to 5 pages or screenfuls. Scrolling this in Google Chrome with a regular basic corded logitech mouse is slow. Scrolling to the next page takes 2 or 3 full scroll motions on the physical scroll wheel.

Scrolling through five pages consequently takes 10 to 20 scroll motions. This is unusable. Any other webpage has a reasonable scroll speed with my computer settings and hardware.

There also is not a draggable scroll-bar handle like on every other application that I have ever used on a computer. Why?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show light assets on dark background in assets panel

It would also be enormously helpful if I could choose a different background colour for my asset library.

we are building a dark mode and all the assets are white - so currently I cannot see what anything is at all

(Moved to another thread: When in Developer handoff - It would be nice to be able to click on a component and see all of the asset it contains in all of its states.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m repurposing this to be about the background color, as UserVoice works best when you only have one suggestion per ticket. There’s another suggestion about showing component states in design specs, so I’d suggest that you upvote that one! Thanks!

16. Export text in Design Specs with rich text in HTML

When I create my prototype and share, enter the link.
    I can in each element and can display properties.

1 example is CSS properties or Fonts styles.

We are working with Adobe Xd in company software and designers do the link for developers. send to developers and see the properties.

Developers want 1 property. to see the tag HTML to work on the Web. example:

When we click the font "Title" and stay in Bold we can see the tag HTML: <strong> </strong> or B.

Developers and designers UX really need this to help work better.

Another optión is the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to copy only selected content from design spec text object

When I design, I often put several paragraphs or bulleted lists in the same text box. When I share my designs with my developer, it is difficult for him to get only the text he needs from the shared development document. When you click on the "Content" section in the right developer spec panel, it automatically copies all of the text in the box (see screenshot).

It would be helpful if there were a way to highlight and select only a portion of the text in the content box that you could then copy using a shortcut. You could grab…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prioritize color names over hex values in Design Spec

Small detail, but as we define design system elements, the names of those elements are more important than the technical value.

In this case, for colors, the name of the color asset is more important than the hex value. Please swap the display of those values to reflect the importance...or provide the ability to turn that hex value off since, in some cases, developers should only be referencing the name anyway.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide ability to turn off CSS section in Design Specs

In design specs, there is a CSS section with a lot of great information. However, for some users, it is relevant and potentially harmful. It'd be great to be able to turn that section off so that it isn't displayed.

Some examples
    Some of our products are desktop products, built in C# and XAML. CSS is not relevant for our tech stack.

The CSS shows absolute, hardcoded values for position, size, color, etc. This is the opposite of what we want to communicate to development. They should be using relative values or referenced resources from our design system for those…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Increase zoom range for Design Specs

The current zoom range for Design Specs goes up to 200%. For small items with intricate details or many parts, a larger max would be very helpful (800, 1600, etc.) for precise selection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base