Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List of all assets marked for export

As a user I'd like to have a list overview over all assets I've marked for export.

This could as well be a filter for the layer panel, showing only those layers marked for export.

Why? I want to quickly remove assets from being exported without having to search multiple artboards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slug area export artboard(s)

It would be nice if there is a slug area just as indesign where you can add aditional information and export it for our clients or developing team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. SVG Data

The exported SVG Data often includes unnecessary tags like transform which make the SVGs really difficult to use in-line. We optimize all of our SVG code to be as minimal as possible and removing the transform attributes creates a lot of problems - thus making it so I have to export my SVG graphics from AI instead of XD (which is so much simpler).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export JPG at 3x

Please let me have my JPGs at 3x!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Resize in Export

It should be possible to resize boards in export like in Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Batch export assets for selected artboard

It would be nice to be able to select an artboard and batch export all assets on that artboard only.

I work on several pages that are updated weekly and so I have one XD file for the entire week. Each page is it's own project and the assets need to be uploaded to dev in separate locations so being able to select one artboard and only export assets on that artboard would be super helpful!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dynamic linking between XD and After Effects

Would be nice if assets wich exported to AE would be dynamically linked to the design in XD. So every update in XD updates the Assets in AE, just like AI->AE or dynamic link between AE and PR.

Everytime I update a design and send it to AE, a while new composition is created wich makes working with updated files almost impossible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Local" master component that is still a linked component

Example scenario:

I have 2 documents:
    - a library file/design system
    - project file 1

I have imported the assets and components from my library file into the project file. I reuse a particular button (a linked component) many times throughout the project file.

Now when I go to prototype: all instances of the button in the project file should be prototype linked to the same artboard. Because my "master" component is technically the one in the library file, I can't include the prototype link as part of the component. This means I have to set up a separate prototype…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Different name for component states when exporting assets for dev handoff

If I have a component "checkbox", and a state of that component named "checkbox_active", when exporting the asset, both will be named checkbox.svg, then I have to rename it manually.

My idea is to name the svg accordingly with the state name or putting an underscore between names.

Ex: component-name_state-name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export artboard with blend mode

When I'm trying to export an artboard, the content with a blend mode applied doesn't export correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Determine format of subsets of batch format

I routinely want to export some assets as SVGs and others as PNGs, still others as JPGs. The current Batch Export shoots out all marked assets in one format, but I'd like to be able to specify "format groups" somehow, so that one Batch Export command would export the marked assets in the specific format I need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Highlight component inside hover state

When you clean up the components. In case a component is inside a hover state for example and I check highlight on canvas it won't show it and you might accidentally delete it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export auto-animated elements to Premiere Pro

I would love to be able to use auto-animated elements in my Premier Pro videos. It's much simpler than animating in premier and it could be so quick.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Component Master exportable to make all instances exportable

It will be great if I can mark Component Master as exportable to export all Component Instances. If I have a button which I used many times I'd like to make them all (and all new instances) exportable at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export at 4x

I know it’s not the primary usage for XD, but I was designing a little poster for a client in A4 and they suddenly changed their mind and wanted A3. I always export higher resolution, not just in print (using web export, which gives both 1x and 2x). So, since I wanted to have A3@2x, I had to manually copy the content and scale it up to a bigger art board. Thankfully there weren’t many changes in the poster after this but it got me thinking - it’d be neat if I could just export 4x of what I had…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Import XD Assets into InDesign

Looking to implement a design system organization-wide. It would be nice to be able to access assets created in XD in other Adobe applications (InDesign). For example, incorporating into an InDesign Library, all the assets from the "master" XD design system (buttons, logos, sliders, etc.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unique clip path ID when exporting SVG

Hi, one of programmers at my work had a problem with clip path ID in SVG files that was exported from XD because each of them didn't have unique clip path ID. Whereas exporting from Illustrator had an option of giving clip path ID a unique ID. Can it be also implemented in XD?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Export SVG graphics for web

Now code of exporting SVG files starts like this:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; width="32." height="32" viewBox="0 0 32.000 32.000">...

Please add line "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" befor <svg xmlns=...>
    Because lack of this string made issue with embedding SVG in content

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assets panel classify the colors into border-colors and background-colors.

Now that the assets panel only has colors, I need to classify the colors into border-colors, background-colors, and shadow-color.In addition, we need to add a new category of border-radius.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Animation specs

Developers use educated guess work when it comes to making animations based on designs.

Just like normal design specs, we need animation specs to be able to hand off design that contain motion and transition information. a way to clarify animation and eliminate guess work for developers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base