Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Sort Grid in Share Link

It would be a massive help for us and for the client to have the ability to sort the grid, mostly when you have too many screens.

• By creation date

• By Alphabetical order

• etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep comments as you update link to prototype

I wish you could keep comments as you update the link to a prototype. I don't believe that's possible now. It's good to be able to look back at what others have said in the past. Perhaps even being able to see the version history of a prototype that has gone through multiple rounds of feedback.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Responsive layout rules and layer navigation for devs

Here are a few ideas, all related to allowing devs better fulfill a designer's vision.

As a developer, I want to be able to see responsive layout rules, so that I may develop a product that behaves exactly as the designer intended when its UI is displayed in screens of different sizes.

As a developer, I want to be able to resize the preview's artboard, so that I may better understand the layout rules in real time.

As a developer, I want to be able to see and navigate the UI's layers, so that I may organize my coded UI…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Approve prototype workflow

We can assign Prototype Approvers.
    Default State for mocks is In Progress
    These approvers then have the ability to Approve a design.
    After the first approver approves a design it is locked. Only when all approvers have approved does the prototype status change to approved.

Any approver can change the state back to in progress if there needs to be a change later. All approvers will need to re-approve each time the status is changes back to in progress.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add ability to "like" to comments

Sometime is will be useful for participants to acknowledge a comment. It would be nice to add the ability to add a Like to the comments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Select artboards to be shared among presets

Sharing presets are great, but not optimal yet.

Consider such a use case:
    - Your prototype is shared for user testing. This way, the users can access the artboards which are linked to the prototype root artboard (great) or to all artboards (not great).
    - From this XD file, the designer may also share specific artboards for developers. In such case, the need is pretty the opposite. Getting access to the prootype is not really necessary, but access to components specs is a must.

So, I think the sharing presets should include the list of shared artboards, which of course…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Optimation of loading times (file + link)

When I create a background pattern with icons/ graphics the loading time in browser link takes a lot of time and even the file is freaking out. Is there an option to reduce file size/ rasterize the pattern for increasing the file size?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Elements disappear when share link is opened on mobile

It would be nice if share links were optimized better on mobile devices. As of right now there are a lot of bugs. Lagging, disappearing elements. Clients like to look at projects on their own devices, but they're not all going to have adobe XD on their own phones. Here's an example of what my screen looks like in XD and what it looks like with a mobile share link. Adobe please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to keep share links after filename is changed/ save as in XD

Apparently some people want to automatically delete the already created links each time they save their file as a new one.

But this is not the case for everyone!

I need to keep my link history even if I saves as a new file.
    (I don't get how people can not just create new links)

This was a very important good point of XD for my team, clients and I, and now I have to explain to everyone that I will have to share a new link, or simply keep the same file even if I have big change on…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Smooth Animations for Shared Prototypes

The animation of prototype that is smooth while open in XD is extremely choppy and not reflecting the work. This drastically impacts the sharing and commenting for design review or even showcasing.

The prototypes shared need to reflect the same level of quality as what is built and reviewed on someones desktop. At the very least, if there is a quality issue on the shared version, it should be surfaced up to the user in some way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Prototype Link selection from all owned assets

I created a prototype link from a file that was later deleted. The link was shared with a client, and I have been asked to update the link. Because the file no longer exists, I cannot update the link. It would be nice to be able choose an already existing link in my assets when I'm working from a new file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If I create a link for one of the process and then have to create a link of sharing for the other flow then the previous link disappears.

If I create a link for one of the process and then have to create a link of sharing for the other flow then the previous link disappears. The new link not created but it gets updated. Hence all the comments on the previous link/ flow are lost!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. You can actually update the previous link by selecting it from the drop-down in Share Mode, and then updating that link. Alternatively, you can update a link with any subset of your document you want to, but any artboards that are not in that flow would have their comments lost. Can you explain what you’re looking for that is outside of this workflow?

13. Add annotations for custom code to export, shown in published Specs view

It would be nice to have an area that you could have exportable code like html and css. Also allowing you to add in any related custom code for a particular element that you click on in the dev spec.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Resolve button that only appears on hover causes accidental clicks

It has happened before that I was just trying to click on a comment to jump to its associated page and accidentally hit the Resolve button because it only appears on hover. That area is prime clicking space because it appears empty. To subtly slip in a button right before you click down seems pretty dangerous. Especially for an action that does not have any easy to find way to undo itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Screens overview on the web

I’d love to have a sort of an overview of all screens (artboards) the same way as in Design mode to show all screens at a glance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    When you share your designs as a Prototype or Design Specs link from XD, you can open it in a web browser and look at the experience you have built.
    You can also click on the Grid icon present in the top left corner to access what we call the Grid view. This would display thumbnails of all the screens in your design along with connected screens information.

Check out this link for more details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7UBc5sSufI

Let us know if this is what you are looking for?

Thanks!
    Arun

16. Stop making it so difficult to inspect

There used to be an inspect mode, confusingly-hidden in that "fullscreen" button. Now it's just gone completely.

It's now a useless static photoshop-esque mockup.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Preview XD artboards in Dropbox

I'd like to be able to preview all of my XD artboards while in Dropbox. Currently it only shows the first screen on a file with 50 artboards. I'd like to be able to arrow through the artboards before downloading the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Share Link with password parameter as a paramter like `https://*/view/{view-id}/-?password=Password!12` for jira integration.

Share Link with password parameter as a paramter like <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://*/view/{view-id}/-?password=Password!12">https://*/view/{view-id}/-?password=Password!12</a> for jira integration.

When share link is protected by password. All jira integration is showing message like 'This link is protected by password.' Password Protection is cool feature but, not kindly with integration

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Textfield editable on XD Design-Review

It would be really useful, if reviewers could klick on a textfield and add the Text they want on the textfield.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Share entire folder for co-editing (for better file organisation)

When you share a file for co-editing with others, then it appears in their "Shared with you" section which is a simple list. It is difficult to navigate through this list if you have 40-50 files shared with you. There is also no option to sort the list by Name.

It would be great if a folder itself can be shared in such a way that all the XD files in it are available for co-editing. In this way the "Shared with you" section will have folders. This will help everyone in the team know where the file are locate…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base