Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe's own "Design System Manager" echosystem?

Well... so after a while working with XD, I've found it a good competitor to other design alternatives.

While we are happy expecting for more design and prototyping features, I would ask if it should be feasible to expect some sort of Design System Manager from Adobe.

Although there are tons of very good alternatives out there, it would be invaluable to have all the "product design" pipeline just under the same tool (As UXpin already do)

Not only should it be faster and less "cognitive friction" (jumping from app to app, searching for export plug-in in different placements, managing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove password requirement if I created the prototype and I'm authenticated

Today, when I go to"preview" my password protected prototype in the browser, I have to enter my password. If it's my prototype, I shouldn't need to enter a password. This creates extra work, especially when I see something I need to fix, update it in Xd, refresh the browser and find that I need to enter the password again. I do this several times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to copy tag html to developers

When I create my prototype and share, enter the link.
    I can in each element and can display properties.

1 example is CSS properties or Fonts styles.

We are working with Adobe Xd in company software and designers do the link for developers. send to developers and see the properties.

Developers want 1 property. to see the tag HTML to work on the Web. example:

When we click the font "Title" and stay in Bold we can see the tag HTML: <strong> </strong> or B.

Developers and designers UX really need this to help work better.

Another optión is the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Return the flow switcher please!

After the latest updates I could not find how to switch the view of all screens from the grid to the flow in dev mode. That's too bad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Share UI should be “usability testing” not “user testing”

The November release is fantastic. But I noticed in the share UI the drop down says user testing. User testing implies you are testing the user. This is the exact opposite of what we are trying to accomplish. Usability testing is more accurate because you are testing the usability of the design. Would love to see the wording change and I bet I’m not the only one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dark background in shared prototype

When sharing on the web, if we have artboards with white backgrounds, there is no visual separation between artboard and background. I suggest making the option for making the background dark, or implementind device frames.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Save full artboard in sharing mode.

An option to save the full layout as a PNG or JPG.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Revert to previous 'Share' UI

The previous 'Share' UI was fast, simple, and easy to use.

This new UI is confusing, unnecessary, and wasteful. Was it designed by the same people who created the new AdobeCC UI????

A) The new 'Share' Tab is useless. I can already see what I'm sharing on either of the other tabs - having a 3rd tab is completely asinine unless there is some helpful functionality to this screen/view.

B) The only functionality I have in this state is 'zoom' - a state I cannot exit once I've clicked on the 'zoom' tool. AND the keyboard/mouse shortcut I actually use…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove a user from all shared prototypes and design specs

When someone needs to be removed from all mockups its a long and painful process. Can we have something that allows us to "cut someone off" without having to find out which mockups they have access to and then go into each mockup one at a time to remove them. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove Share in keyboard shortcut when tabbing between Design, Prototype, Share

Love the new update with states, versioning and co-editing!!! Awesome!!!

Though there's one thing in the new update that is quite annoying. When working I always tab between between Design and Prototype mode using Ctrl + tab. The new update expects me to Design then prototype and then share. I feel the share screen gets in the way when toggling between design and prototype.

For me my workflow is:
    Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype (and then Share after many iterations)

The new change "forces" me to go to the Share screen after each prototype…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Expand the comment input field

It would be great if the input field could expand if you are adding a long comment, as right now it can be very hard to edit the box when it is over a certain length.

It would also be great to add a bit more of a margin between the input field and the @ button as I am forever hitting the @ button by accident.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Link to specific pages/artboards in XD document

Because we are using the XD file as a Source of Truth for the product team (Zeplin for the developers). Each feature is spelled out in a ticket, and I would like to link to the page referred to thereof. It's cumbersome for everyone to have to navigate to it for each ticket. This is a dense dashboard product.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scroll shared prototype with keyboard

1. Description
    When viewing a prototype, a user can scroll between views using the left and right keyboard arrow keys but cannot scroll up or down on the current prototype with the keyboard. Some viewers have been unable to scroll with their mouse. Without a visible scrollbar they have been left only seeing what's above the fold line.

On Mac I've discovered that pressing fn+arrow up/down will sort of page you down, but it's not smooth and not intuitive. Simply using arrow keys as you would using a browser (or something close) would be ideal.

2. Why is this valuable…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ensure Design Specs and Prototypes look significantly different

Share for Review & Share for Development are so similar in terms of interface and it's so confusing because I end up commenting on the wrong one every time since they look too much the same.

It would be better if for e.g. the Developer's one has a different Background etc...

And please, although there is already a request for it, add the get/send notifications for updates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Share for Review Links: Set All Screen Comments off by default

I'm regularly sending review links to non-designers/older clients and I don't want to confuse them.

I'd like to have the option to set "All Screen Comments" off by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show the design scale of a design

It could be great to have an overview of the design scale inside the design review or developer review when we work across team. Some device are not on Retina Display and developers don't know if the scale is great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Eye tracking

a plugin to use webcam for tracking eye motions of the user [when using an XD interactive prototype]

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Comment History

A comment history would be very helpful for the designer. A client might accidentally delete feedback and for the designer to have the capability to view any and all feedback (resolved/ deleted) would be helpful. That way it can be easily retrieved and the client will not have to worry about having to make those comments all over again. It would be a good safety, "backup" feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. You can already view all of the comments that have been resolved and not on the prototype, but not the deleted. Just to be clear – are you looking at a timeline for comment activity? Or is it just to be able to see deleted comments?

19. Add Setting to Control Comments/Pins Visibility On First Load

Please add a setting to control whether or not the comments/pins are showing on first load of the page. I would like my clients to be able to see the design and get an accurate first impression, without seeing the pins cluttering it. I would rather give them a real first impression than have their first action be to hit the comments button to hide the pins. I'm asking for a setting to control it because I see that others have found value in having the comments show by default. I chatted with a member of your support team and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unresolve comments if there are new replies

Name it not "close", but "resolved" (a checkbox with checkmark/or no checkmark („resolved“/„unresolved“). AND it automatically will marked as „unresolved“ if the reviewer adds an new answer.
    The pin should be convert from number to checkmark if the comment is marked as resolved.

With this I can use the comments as a list of tasks which I can work off step by step.
    If I finish a task I mark is at resolved. The reviewer get an E-Mail (at the end of day all resolved tasks collected to one E-Mail) and he can now review this and do an answer…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base