Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Presentation notes

Note Mode in Presentation Link

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Task list on shared prototype

Task list in the RHS panel so audience can add or review the tasks at hand.
    We should able to switch between comments and tasks panel from the RHS icon bar.
    Also it would be great if we can set priority, due date, and assignee.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scrolling bar on the prototype XD links feedback

One of our clients cannot for some reason scroll on their screen. Without a middle mouse button or a scroll wheel, there is no other way to scroll on the links that are shared on the page.

Maybe add a function where users can scroll vertically on the shared adobe XD link with the up and down arrow keys? Or have the default scroll bars appear on the side normally on most browsers.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Reposition the cookie banner on shared links

When a client views links that I send them, they often assume there's just 1 page of artwork because they can't see any navigation controls at the bottom.

The controls are hidden by the cookie acceptance banner. So I think it would be worth repositioning that banner so it doesn't overlap any important elements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shared for Web Preview in Chrome/Edge on windows image quality issue

Since that new Auto-fit feature appeared, I've noticed the quality of image in Chrome and Edge on Windows not rendering properly as if it was using a scaling resampling such as NEAREST NEIGHBOR (which distorts edges in an image) instead of a BILINEAR (stays smooth and sharp). It wasn't doing that not too long ago but it's so bad that I have to stop sharing with my clients.

It seems to be better in Firefox.

Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Last version of XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show hotspots for all interaction types

Right now Hotspots show when there is an object with the "tap" links activated. But for example If I have a button with a "hover" state and that hover state has the "tap" link. Then it doesn't show when I share my prototype.

It'd be cool to maybe make custom hotspots or something to guide our teammates through the prototype. Like some kind of onboarding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Better Experience

It makes no sense that when I click on someone's comment, a new tab opens. And if I've implemented password protection, I have to enter the password again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Text in design spec should be able to be highlighted

Text can be highlighted... Please make text selectable on design review.

A text be highlighted just like an ordinary website would.. Client is frustrated that in correcting a very long contenting in design review, he has to write it all over again.. There's copy thingy on Development sharing for contents i know but for clients its a learning curve.. A simple highlightable text and copy pastable would do wonders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Developer mode embed link

I want to use the embed mode to include the iframe of specs to our workflow toolchain combined with other specs / texts.
    but unfortunately the embed code only works for design and testing.
    why not enable embed including developer tools / specs also?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Prioritize comments on prototypes

I want to prioritize my and others' feedback. It is easy to fix based on priority. Currently, they are numbered in the pinning order, but apart from that, I would like to have the ability to prioritize fixes. I really like the feedback feature, so I hope it will be easier to use in the future.

自分および他人のフィードバックに優先順位を付けたい
    自分および他人のフィードバックに優先順位を付けたいです。優先順位に基づいて修正しやすいためです。現在は、ピン留め順に番号がふられていますが、それとは別に修正の優先順位をつける機能が欲しいです。フィードバック機能はとても気に入ってるので、今後より使いやすくなるの期待しています。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Annotations for Client Review

Having the ability to show the client the ideal user flow would be helpful. It would be great to have annotations that are separate from comments in the design review link. Even something as simple as having each commenter have a different color pin.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide a list of styles for selected component in the shared design (dev > inspect)

I request a list of CSS styles in the shared design (dev > inspect) to follow the component thought further. It would be great if we could have a component list where we could select a component and see all CSS styles of all elements defined within the component.

A component developer could see all required layers and styles for selected component.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/ae243bf4-8b78-420a-44a3-bd6b08f0301f-d815/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to Sort Grid in Share Link

It would be a massive help for us and for the client to have the ability to sort the grid, mostly when you have too many screens.

• By creation date

• By Alphabetical order

• etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keep comments as you update link to prototype

I wish you could keep comments as you update the link to a prototype. I don't believe that's possible now. It's good to be able to look back at what others have said in the past. Perhaps even being able to see the version history of a prototype that has gone through multiple rounds of feedback.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Responsive layout rules and layer navigation for devs

Here are a few ideas, all related to allowing devs better fulfill a designer's vision.

As a developer, I want to be able to see responsive layout rules, so that I may develop a product that behaves exactly as the designer intended when its UI is displayed in screens of different sizes.

As a developer, I want to be able to resize the preview's artboard, so that I may better understand the layout rules in real time.

As a developer, I want to be able to see and navigate the UI's layers, so that I may organize my coded UI…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Approve prototype workflow

We can assign Prototype Approvers.
    Default State for mocks is In Progress
    These approvers then have the ability to Approve a design.
    After the first approver approves a design it is locked. Only when all approvers have approved does the prototype status change to approved.

Any approver can change the state back to in progress if there needs to be a change later. All approvers will need to re-approve each time the status is changes back to in progress.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add ability to "like" to comments

Sometime is will be useful for participants to acknowledge a comment. It would be nice to add the ability to add a Like to the comments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Share presets should share different sets of artboards

Sharing presets are great, but not optimal yet.

Consider such a use case:
    - Your prototype is shared for user testing. This way, the users can access the artboards which are linked to the prototype root artboard (great) or to all artboards (not great).
    - From this XD file, the designer may also share specific artboards for developers. In such case, the need is pretty the opposite. Getting access to the prootype is not really necessary, but access to components specs is a must.

So, I think the sharing presets should include the list of shared artboards, which of course…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Optimation of loading times (file + link)

When I create a background pattern with icons/ graphics the loading time in browser link takes a lot of time and even the file is freaking out. Is there an option to reduce file size/ rasterize the pattern for increasing the file size?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Elements disappear when share link is opened on mobile

It would be nice if share links were optimized better on mobile devices. As of right now there are a lot of bugs. Lagging, disappearing elements. Clients like to look at projects on their own devices, but they're not all going to have adobe XD on their own phones. Here's an example of what my screen looks like in XD and what it looks like with a mobile share link. Adobe please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base