Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shared web prototype should default to 100% Zoom

Many times when you share a design with a client on the web, they won't realize that the default XD zoom is less than 100%. In my case, it defaults to 79% which has caused countless problems where the client says, "The font is too small" when in fact, if they were viewing it at the actual size, they would not experience the issue.

XD, by default, should display the shared document at 100% and THEN allow users to zoom out or in based on their particular monitor or preference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export any object from design specs

A major pain point is that certain shapes that we, the developers need have not been exported, so we have to contact the designer to have them exported. If it were possible to select indiviual shapes to export, this problem would have been solved

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pin comments to scrollable area

When working with scrollable areas in your prototype, you can't use pinned comments, because they ignore the scroll position of the area. So it's not clear where the pinned comment was intended to be.

What I would expect:

Pinned comments can be placed in a scrollable area and when they do, they scroll along with the area (and can be outside the viewport)

This way, I can easily collect feedback on the content inside a scrollable area.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Cookie message is too big, and cumbersome to use

Add a close button to the cookie message, or other quick way to hide it.

The cookie message blocks parts of the UI, and there is no save button when you choose options. It seems designed to get you to accept all cookies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Reply with Pins

When there is a comment set with a pin, it would be nice to reply to the comment with another pin.

For example, a client wants a call to action changed to be more visible. Then I suggest connecting it to a different call to action in another location.

As of now, if I want to reply to their comment with my suggestion, I have to describe the location to which I'm referring.

If I could reply with a Pin, they would see where I'm referring to right away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Full screen to be real full screen

Guys, I can't understand why shared xd link shows such a small window with designed website. It's fine with width but height? It doesn't make sense to crop the height. It looks silly on bigger screens and it's not natural. Browsing pages we got full height view, not small window in the center. Please consider changing the preview mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

It looks like you might have set the viewport to that location, so you might want to check to see if it’s set correctly. We will show the content of your designs at 100% and will not zoom in unless you select “zoom to fit” in the shared prototype zoom selector.

7. Scrolling is broken

I need to scroll for 15 minutes to reach the bottom of the image: wtf?? Don't you test your website in all common browsers and OS? Why isn't there standard scrollbars to use the website despite its bugs?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow upload of XD projects via browser

The ability to create XD projects for sharing in the browser and be able to manually upload (in a similar way to Invision) would be perfect. Atm it can be frustrating if working on different CC accounts eg (working on my home computer for work projects). You either have to log out and into the work account or send to my work computer to upload via there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Able to use prototype in web view

Like how we use Marvelapp or Invision to prototype the design properly without being put in shared view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. View designs/ prototype in browser not in the my work section

I would like to view my designs in the browser not in the my work section. The full screen mode as it doesn't scale properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Comment box is too narrow

Widen the comment box length when editing a comment.
    Because it’s easier to edit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Share multiple prototypes with single URL

Ability to share a single URL that shows multiple prototypes. Currently, you can only share an individual link per prototype.

Case Study:
    Agency creates 20 prototypes to share with various users (designers, clients, etc.) Instead of sharing a unique link per prototype, it would be better to share a single link that has a preview of each for reviewers to browse and test.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Correction numbers are changing when resolved

When putting a comment to the state of 'resolved' the numbers on the file are changing. This can be very disturbing, when a collegue refers to a number.. Because that number has been changed.

It would be very nice, if the resolved items just greyed out or something but could still be visible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show hints for hover states

A user testing the prototype in the browser is not sure which components have hover states and thus miss all that the prototype has to offer.

It will be great to also have hints for hovers, similar to hotspot hints.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Presentation notes

Note Mode in Presentation Link

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Task list on shared prototype

Task list in the RHS panel so audience can add or review the tasks at hand.
    We should able to switch between comments and tasks panel from the RHS icon bar.
    Also it would be great if we can set priority, due date, and assignee.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reposition the cookie banner on shared links

When a client views links that I send them, they often assume there's just 1 page of artwork because they can't see any navigation controls at the bottom.

The controls are hidden by the cookie acceptance banner. So I think it would be worth repositioning that banner so it doesn't overlap any important elements.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Shared for Web Preview in Chrome/Edge on windows image quality issue

Since that new Auto-fit feature appeared, I've noticed the quality of image in Chrome and Edge on Windows not rendering properly as if it was using a scaling resampling such as NEAREST NEIGHBOR (which distorts edges in an image) instead of a BILINEAR (stays smooth and sharp). It wasn't doing that not too long ago but it's so bad that I have to stop sharing with my clients.

It seems to be better in Firefox.

Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Last version of XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

To understand this problem more, is it possible for you to share more details of what did you mean by image quality issues?
    Perhaps a screenshot of an image that you see in the app and how is it appearing in your chrome browser would help. What would also be really useful is to give info on what are the properties and settings you are doing on that image inside the app.

Thanks!

19. Show hotspots for all interaction types

Right now Hotspots show when there is an object with the "tap" links activated. But for example If I have a button with a "hover" state and that hover state has the "tap" link. Then it doesn't show when I share my prototype.

It'd be cool to maybe make custom hotspots or something to guide our teammates through the prototype. Like some kind of onboarding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Text in design spec should be able to be highlighted

Text can be highlighted... Please make text selectable on design review.

A text be highlighted just like an ordinary website would.. Client is frustrated that in correcting a very long contenting in design review, he has to write it all over again.. There's copy thingy on Development sharing for contents i know but for clients its a learning curve.. A simple highlightable text and copy pastable would do wonders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base