Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scroll Interaction

I would love to be able to demonstrate to clients how their huge, branded header turns into a micro-header after scrolling.

A simple scroll trigger, based on how far a user has scrolled, that could tell an element to Auto-Animate into place would be amazing. It could be a similar UI to the Viewport cut off line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scroll Interaction

I would love to be able to demonstrate to clients how their huge, branded header turns into a micro-header after scrolling.

A simple scroll trigger, based on how far a user has scrolled, that could tell an element to Auto-Animate into place would be amazing. It could be a similar UI to the Viewport cut off line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show Keyboard Interactions on Desktop Preview

It would be useful to show the keyboard interactions whilst in 'Desktop Preview' mode. Just as a cursor is shown whilst recording, to indicate where a user has clicked to progress through a prototype, when keyboard actions or shortcuts are used to navigate it would great to have the option of displaying them on screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Prototype movies have rounded corners at the bottom

The prototype movies force a rounded corner at the bottom making the video unusable. This should be exactly as the prototype with square corners on all sides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Figma features

incorporate the prototyping tools that sigma uses

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Display total number of artboards created

There used to be a way where I could see a total number of artboards that I've created, but since the latest update (or two) I can no longer find out how many artboards are in my flow. I have over 250 and I'd prefer not to have to count them all. Has it been moved somewhere else perhaps? It was very useful. Cheers. Great product by the way. Amazing, really. It's a joy to use.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Interactions based on game controller trigger combinations

I use XD almost every day for wireframing and prototyping game interfaces for both mobile, PC, and console games. For mobile and PC games I'm pretty happy with the current feature set but I feel like there are a few improvements that would really help those doing UX for console games. Here are a few points, in particular, I'd love to see improved.

1) 'Combination' Trigger type for Interactions
    For interfaces in games you quite often need to press a combination of keys, buttons, or key + click to open menus. It would be great if you could set an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket. I’ll change the title of this one to cover the combination trigger, and I encourage you to file the others as separate tickets.

9. Interact with objects on different artboards

In prototyping I need to be able to have an interaction transition not just between artboards but to a specific object on a different artboard. For instance prototyping a light box pop up, it needs to be able to be closed and take me back to the button I clicked to open it. This is a really common style of interaction. There are workarounds but they reduce the "realness" of the prototype when presenting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show prototype links of child component states

In prototype mode, I click through artboards to inspect the inbound and outbound connections. If I set a transition from a component's child state, the only way to see that connection is to activate the state. I would be extremely helpful (esp in large prototypes) if there were some indication of the child state link from the default state.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bind controller layouts

Ofter when creating a prototype for console games, we need to set all the keys for EACH controller model, the prototype easily becomes a monster.
    What I propose is a tool where the designer can set the key equivalences for all controllers that work on adobe XD. In a way that if I set B on xbox one controller, I can set in a sheet, that we would have same behaviour on circle for play station 4/5, set the keys for xbox X, etc. This would be extremely helpful. I am sending you one picture of a feature prototype, that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Return to home artboard while in desktop preview

As a user, when using Desktop Preview, I would like to go back to the beginning of a flow. Please allow Command-Return, just like what is used to start Desktop Preview, to return the user to the beginning of a flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Roll-off state

Hi, I raised this is the XD Adobe Community and I was recommended to post it here:
    I love XD. Please could you facilitate mouse 'roll off'' events/states/triggers whatever you want to call them, to hover states. I just want a hover animation to play, then when the mouse 'rolls off' the hotspot, the hover state remains the same rather than return to the default state. If I remember correctly this is something from the old Flash days, it's even in InDesign! Please can you get it in XD? There isn't a workaround either and creating multiple artboards is just…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Transition between overlays

The idea is quite simple and it exists already in Figma. When you have a dialog displayed as an overlay, it often changes its content as the user interacts with it (I don't want to create a component for that - it shouldn't be the purpose of the component feature and it makes the component panel messy.) So when creating a link between 2 states of an overlay, I would like to have an option to switch the overlays.

Then It would be awesome if the option "close overlay" would close the overlay (the "previous artboard" is not helpful here).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Manage all web links for current document within XD

Have a way to view all of the Prototypes created for the file you're in (keep it contextual) and a list of all of the URLs. Ability to edit the names, delete protos, etc - manage the availability all from w/in XD. I know some of this is available, but it's not very user-friendly as it stands. It's all buried and not managed together.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. search layers/elements and paste interaction and effects selecting the layers

Be able to search for elements both based on art-board and whole document
    then select those elements and apply copied interactions and animation effects and settings

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copy paste effects, animations prototype not only wire directions

Please make that if I copy paste interactions it will paste animation settings as well, not only the art-board and wire connection

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Replay button in preview animation mode.

It's necessary to replay and view an animation again & again to get the detailed mistakes. But to replay or restart the animation, I have to close the current preview and open the preview again. What about adding a button through which we can easily do this by one click?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Scroll to nested object in artboard

Hey everybody,

i use the Layers structure heavily with the super cool stacking feature to have clean and consistent spacing in between all my elements. But if i create all these folders i can't select folders that are in folders with the "Scroll To" Action.

Please let us access the whole Folder structure in prototype mode to use both features in combination.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to preserve scroll position between transitions within a scroll group

This would solve a problem I'm currently having with Adobe XD. I'm unable to create a transition that would preserve the scroll position within a scroll group.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base