Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Order of actions in 1 trigger

Once I press a button or touch, I want to get an animation to other artboard and a sound at the same time. For now if I do both, adobe xd preffers only one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Xd Prototype

Xd Prototype mode is very difficult to handle , when we are working in big enterprise web application , we have multiple flows wiring those flows in Xd is difficult , again when we share the link with customer they get also confuse , because in XD we dont have any sitemap in prototype mode
    I think product team made the prototype mode more intuitive and easy to use for big project handling like enterprise level application, rather then only mobile and website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Copy component between files without linking, or unlink without ungrouping component, so that states are not lost

Currently when you copy a component from one file to another it is a linked component. If you unlink the component, not only is it unlinked, but it is also ungrouped and no longer a component at all. Any additional states you had set up are lost.

Sometimes I don't want to use linked master components from a design system but just want to create a new local master component, similar to one in another file but then make some changes. I'd like to just copy the component over, with all it's states, not linked and make my tweaks to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Remove 'previous artboard' for overlays.

It's annoying to manually change each overlay artboard's default interaction from 'previous artboard' to 'none'.

I found myself in many situations, where I either wanted to disable it completely, or wanted to point to a specific artboard.

As of now artboard interaction works on entire artboard, as if overlaid on each element. For interaction and review purposes, I want to mostly use an X button, or force users to use OK/Cancel buttons that I provide. In mobile situations this is more prominent. In mobile prototypes it's even more annoying because an accidental tap can close a full-screen overlay, which doesn't…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mask artboard interaction by overlaying objects

I'm making an overlay that you can dismiss by clicking away on an empty area. I want only that empty area to be clickable, while the contents of popup/dialog/overlay to be unclickable. Same goes for objects partially obscured by any overlaying object.

I found myself, and many of my presenters, to be clicking on an element (not necessarily a button) that is part of a popup/dialog, just to simulate a clicking behaviour. This causes an underlaying interaction to trigger, and that's undesirable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. States, states, states!!! please, don't wait for years based on votes in this "user voice".

Yes... know there are plenty of threads and complains out there about this topic. But can't invest my time searching and tediously upvote each one of them. So as it seems I'm forced to work as "beta tester for free, at least let me invest the lesser time in post expensive bugs.

Simply I've lost one client, time, money and health with the amounts of bugs and insane usability flaws of XD user interface. Really... I'm tired, very tired.

Just built an "atomic" approach of buttons, dropdowns, etc... invested weeks learning the anti-intuitive way to make states work, with hours…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Easy multi-platform controller input.

Hi, dear XD Development Team

With the current feature, once you set the Xbox input, you can only operate it with the Xbox controller.
    In the case of multi-platform development, the
    You have to do the same thing again with the PS4 controller.
    I would like to request that the function be improved so that this effort can be avoided.

Also, please support the Nintendo Switch.

When it comes to game controller input, there is also the issue of cursor movement.
    For example, if you want to enter a character with the controller, you have to have an artboard with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Responsive Web Preview in the Browser

Current Preview options deliver a fixed-size design inside a fixed-size window. This leads to a "Flash-like" feel, that doesn't really creates a real web experience for the designer, the team and specially for user testing.

Suggestion: leverage the amazing Responsive Resizing in a new Web Preview, directly from XD (instead of sharing), in search for a real web feel, that 99% of the times means horizontally adaptive and vertically scrollable.

Some concrete ideas depicted in the attached image:

• 3rd preview type - “Web Preview”

• Prototype “Web Preview” options:

• “full width” for objects

• alignment for artboards

• Web Preview in the browser
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Grid Component Hover relation

I have a component with the hover state that is repeated within the grid. I repeated the first element several times, then I want to have different texts and images in each element. I expect that the change inside of each instance will NOT be repeated in other instances of this component within the grid - unfortunately this is not the case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Overlay via hover not possible?

I noticed I cannot put a Hover-Interaction on a component to trigger an overlay. When I use Hover, it only allows switching between states. And when I set a new Element and try to let it trigger an Overlay, the Option "Hover" is not even given in the Interaction-Menü.

Is this a bug or a non-improvement?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Drag Auto animation / Slider

Regarding the slider question, unfortunately We must/ have to link up the same behavior in all the artboards for them to work properly.

Then we should have made a lot of multiple artboards for this dragging/slider effects on the project, Kinda Time consuming and wasting time. and also while we are making those drag /slider trigger, feel a lot of confusion.

Hopefully the Drag trigger will be usable for components.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Interaction: Scroll to a different artboard

"Scroll to" as interaction is a big step, but we still can only scroll to layers of the specific artboard. It is not possible to select a button and expect to scroll to a different page. We would have many more possibilities if instead of choosing a layer [to scroll to] we could choose a page to scroll to and then the layer of the page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Overlays can't be placed in scrollable area

Overlays can's be dragged outside the artboard height zone.
    When trying to move the overlay into the scrollable zone, it wont go further the defined height.

1) Create an artboard with a specific window height
    2) Extend the artboard verticallt, so it's scrollable
    3) Place a button (or anything) in the scoll zone (beyond the window height)
    4) Create a new artboard with the overlay content
    5) In Prototype, link the button to the overlay arboard (as overlay, obviously)
    6) Try to move the overlay content near the button (in the scrollable zone)

Current: You can't, the overlay placement is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Overlays can't be placed in scrollable area

Overlays can's be dragged outside the artboard height zone.
    When trying to move the overlay into the scrollable zone, it wont go further the defined height.

1) Create an artboard with a specific window height
    2) Extend the artboard verticallt, so it's scrollable
    3) Place a button (or anything) in the scoll zone (beyond the window height)
    4) Create a new artboard with the overlay content
    5) In Prototype, link the button to the overlay arboard (as overlay, obviously)
    6) Try to move the overlay content near the button (in the scrollable zone)

Current: You can't, the overlay placement is…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scrollable action to another artboard anchor

I'm hoping this idea is just an add on from the current Scroll action.

At the moment you can create a button etc and link it to a certain area on your artboard. It then automatically scrolls to that area once clicked.

My idea is to have this same feature, but with an option to jump and scroll to a specific area on another artboard.

It will make the user journey so much better when using things like quick links etc

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable interactions behind the Overlay

When there are multiple interactions in an artboard and when the overlay appears on top of the artboard, the interaction is still clickable and the other artboard is appearing over the overlay again which is making a mess

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. One single interaction can trigger multiple actions to take place.

I found when designing navigation for a single page site, I want the button to change color while on a specific part of the page. It would be nice if one interaction like tap, could trigger multiple interactions to take place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Auto-animate between artboard sizes

If I want to Auto-animate from the bottom of a scrollable artboard to a smaller one, the scaling of the artboard doesn't animate. If it could, it would be a useful feature in prototyping multi-step flows with views of varying height.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Complex interactions builder - Mouse, Scroll and infinite animations

It can be great to be able to prototype complex animations and interactions. It can help us create more concrete prototypes with mouse and scroll animations or also infinite loop animations.

Detail of the idea in this article : https://uxplanet.org/the-killer-feature-im-waiting-for-in-our-modern-design-tools-87c3a5d3c4b3

Summary of the idea :
    A 3 step process which allow you an infinity of possibilities by customizing each property with a math formula. We add syntax highlighting to help designers differentiate dynamic properties, static properties and constants or math functions.
    Then, AdobeXD previewer will “just” have to recalculate and update these properties at a 60 Hz frequency to make…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix position when scrolling not linked to the viewport height

To fix a bottom bar inside the interface to the bottom screen you have to fix it to the viewport height (Current-behavior.png). The problem is when I would like to export my mockup I expect the bottom bar on the bottom of my mockup not in the middle like inside the expected-one.png.

Because it's painful to change all your mockups to export them and after to re-move the bottom bar to have a prototype that will work properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base