Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Fix position when scrolling" should be visible in <Preview mode> even elements are out of view point

I had a problem to make the elements fixed when it is out of viewpoint, they disappear from the preview mode.

My project has one case that requires one element should be appeared in a section which is unfortunately out of viewpoint already (please see my attachment).

Please make an update for the features "Fixed position when scrolling" visible in Preview Mode & Prototype link even that element is out of viewpoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sitemap for shared prototype

Xd Prototype mode is very difficult to handle , when we are working in big enterprise web application , we have multiple flows wiring those flows in Xd is difficult , again when we share the link with customer they get also confuse , because in XD we dont have any sitemap in prototype mode
    I think product team made the prototype mode more intuitive and easy to use for big project handling like enterprise level application, rather then only mobile and website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Overlay via hover not possible?

I noticed I cannot put a Hover-Interaction on a component to trigger an overlay. When I use Hover, it only allows switching between states. And when I set a new Element and try to let it trigger an Overlay, the Option "Hover" is not even given in the Interaction-Menü.

Is this a bug or a non-improvement?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Overlays can't be placed in scrollable area

Overlays can's be dragged outside the artboard height zone.
    When trying to move the overlay into the scrollable zone, it wont go further the defined height.

1) Create an artboard with a specific window height
    2) Extend the artboard verticallt, so it's scrollable
    3) Place a button (or anything) in the scoll zone (beyond the window height)
    4) Create a new artboard with the overlay content
    5) In Prototype, link the button to the overlay arboard (as overlay, obviously)
    6) Try to move the overlay content near the button (in the scrollable zone)

Current: You can't, the overlay placement is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Overlays can't be placed in scrollable area

Overlays can's be dragged outside the artboard height zone.
    When trying to move the overlay into the scrollable zone, it wont go further the defined height.

1) Create an artboard with a specific window height
    2) Extend the artboard verticallt, so it's scrollable
    3) Place a button (or anything) in the scoll zone (beyond the window height)
    4) Create a new artboard with the overlay content
    5) In Prototype, link the button to the overlay arboard (as overlay, obviously)
    6) Try to move the overlay content near the button (in the scrollable zone)

Current: You can't, the overlay placement is…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. One single interaction can trigger multiple actions to take place.

I found when designing navigation for a single page site, I want the button to change color while on a specific part of the page. It would be nice if one interaction like tap, could trigger multiple interactions to take place.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. adding an action/trigger directly to an element or component in Prototype mode.

I would like to update allow linking or adding an action/trigger directly to an element or component in Prototype mode. This would allow a better workflow and faster turnaround time as well as allow the prototype to function better in smaller file size as well since there would be less imagery and artboards involved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. hover effect ( default state)

Hello, can be added button to select hover effect by default, beaucause now all time need to switch manualy after edit some of states

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Interaction widget aligned to always be visible (contextual)

When an artboard is very big, which happens easily if working on a web page, the widget to create an interaction is off-screen (see zoomed-in screenshot). To see the widget and interact with it, it is required to zoom-out.

This is highly impractical.

Now we have the Interaction panel but on a big screen, it would be quicker to interact with the handle-widget and visually drag the interaction to the desired artboard (which normally is next to the one we want to create the interaction for, instead of possibly scrolling a big list of artboards (see third screenshot).

Thank you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want the seperate prototype links back

I thinks its very annoying that you now force us to present the design specs and prototype in the same share cause now it's impossible to iterate these two documents separately. Most of the times my design specs and my prototypes are different iterations and must be shared separately. Often we iterate different prototypes and we send design specs for just sections of the design, the section that has been accepted for release. With the new setup it's impossible to continuous this strategy and it messes things up. Please give us back the opportunity to share ONE thing at the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Wacom Tablet Support for Prototype Link Navigation Scroll

Wacom Tablet scroll support needed for live prototypes. Our team use XD and love the application, we use Wacom tablets for all of our design work and have to dig out and dust off the old Mouse when viewing prototypes - which is a bit of a pain and I am sure we are not the only design studio to share this pain!!

Support for tablet scrolling would be very beneficial.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work

Regards

Michael

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dim background (set tint + alpha) behind overlay

Love the new overlays feature! As an extended feature it would be great if you could choose what should happen to the background when the overlay appears. For example being able to dim the background by choosing a color and opacity.

This would help with darkening the background for modals etc.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base