Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Connecting prototypes between different files of Adobe xD

Would be nice to have ability to connect artboards (in prototype mode) between different files of Adobe Xd so then you dont need to keep all parts of the prototype in one file but you can split it into other ones and then just connect into one big prototype.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Divide notification per project in XD?

Hello community

I will be as clear as possible. My team and I have been working for a while for a large project, FB / Lin equivalent. Another team in my office is working on another smaller project.

The problem is that we get notifications on the same notification panel for every project. So if I open notify, panel and look for the comments not tied to my project, the PL won't see them and vice versa.

So the question is, is there a possibility that each project has its own notification list?

Also it is annoying that if I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Dark mode for Prototype Testing.

Please allow dark mode on Shared links.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add extra state - on key press / release

It would be awesome to have a state where we can set the component to change state only on keypress, and the state would come back on key release (the same could be used on tap)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shift-key keyboard interaction bug

Linking two artboards using "keys & gamebad" as trigger and "Shift + A" as the "key" causes XD to go into a limbo state where basic functionality like saving and using undo and redo is not working.

Steps to reproduce the bug:

1. Create a new document.

2. Create two artboards.

3. Link the artboards in prototype mode.

4. Use "Keys and gamepad" as trigger

5. Select the "Key"-field and press "Shift + A" (most other keys than A also cause the same bug)

6. Go back to design mode and enjoy the limbo state!

The bug is in the latest version of XD and might…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. State of child component can change state of parent component

Scenario:

I have a layout component where several things change based on the state of a nested toggle control.

When the toggle changes, I need the parent component's state to change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Select multiple objects and give them the same event

Sometimes I have the need to select several objects, components or texts and I want to give them all the same event, that they all go to the same page for example. And I find it tedious to have to select the elements one by one and repeat exactly the same task of adding the same event to them.

Sometimes two components are so similar to each other that I need to select several and change their states. Considering that they have the same states and are almost the same, why do I have to go one by one repeating…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Elements Can Become Fixed or Unfixed at Specific Points on the Page

The ability to specify where an element is fixed on the page.

For example, when scrolling through a news article, supplemental information like images or footnotes could float in the margin while scrolling the appropriate section, and then keep scrolling with the page once the section ends.

This would allow for much stronger prototyping of navigation items, prompts, alerts etc. etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Build various animations within same artboard

It would be great if we didnt' have to duplicate screen just to demonstrate an interaction within the same page (or artbaord). As an example.. I'd like to build a 'collapse" animation for a certain content section, but in the same artboard, I have another CTA that takes you to a different screen. In prototype mode, instead of building three pages for these two animations (one is an interaction within the same page and one is a transition to a different page), it'd be great if I only had to have 2 artboards vs 3.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. enable push / pull elements for components

When I create a component with stages of different height (like an Akordeon that can be collapsed or expanded) I would like to be able to select "push / pull elements", so that when the stage of the component is changed to the expanded version, the elements that are visible below this component move down to make room for the expanded version
    Vice versa for choosing the collapsed state (the elements return to their original position).
    The space between the component and the elements below should stay the same.
    Axure has a feature like this and i really miss it,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. this will be major improve on Adobe XD Prototyping and it will ease out all the process

The idea is simple just follow this " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T41GcIXHf5o&list=LL&index=1 ". actually, someone can easily make this awesome design in ms PowerPoint in just a few minutes, we need those features simple timeline, those shape filling and customizing methods are just awesome. If you really need something better than Figma? just follow Ms PowerPoint tools features everything is there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Prototyping

There must be refresh button or something so that we can check update particular screen n view rather than go back in windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Screen shot option in Preview mode (saves more than 5 seconds of productive time)

In my work, there are many situations where I need to share the screenshot of particular screens and to do that I need to use screen capture option which wastes my 5seconds of time. So if there is any screen capture option beside screen recording would be helpful. I have heard the same urge from other designers s well.

Scenarios:
    Quick share with the client, product owner or project manager.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pre-composition for interactions

Sometimes we create a lot of art boards to create micro-interactions, it will be awesome if you could select the art boards and some how group them or do a pre-composition of your components or elements and reuse them in your designs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scroll trigger to another artboard

add the option to go to another artboard when scrolling, (as it happens with drag on mobile prototyping) on the presentation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prototypes comment pin multiple locations

Be able to link pin to multiple locations for 1 comment box. Right now if there is multiple pin locations, you have to write the comment multiple times

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3D preview

Preview of 3D virtual machine (including mobile phone and computer)
    360 ° rotation without dead angle (simulating various scenes)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow vertical resizing of the component menu on the right panel

I use a lot of states on some components. Please allow me to resize the "Component (Instance)" module on the right side of the screen by dragging the horizontal divider down. I have so much unused space on the right, but my component states are limited to a fixed area that requires me to constantly scroll to find the state I need and really slows me down.

The area is a little bigger in Design Mode, but I would like to be able to resize it there, too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A shortcut to select at same time all the links of only one art-board

It would be very useful to have this shortcut so that I can select ALL the links of ONLY ONE artboard so that I can easily and rapidly change the presets of the links at same time.

There is the short-cut control + A but my idea is to have a shortcut to select all the links related to one art-board when selecting one art-board (or even any other at same time). As user, I think that it would be logical to get this short-cut and so valuable. It takes too long time to select links of an art-board while…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cannot Ctrl Z if chose "Keyboard" option at any point

Cannot Ctrl Z if chose "Keyboard" option at any point, because the prototype function assumes you want "ctrl z" to be your shortcut for that item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base