Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Element rotate animation

It is hard to circular rotation using auto-animation. We need rotation time and speed input field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Parallax scrolling feature

this would make vertical scroll groups smooth in mobile preview.
    In case we would want to scroll through a particular section, while allowing the section fill the viewport height.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open Prototype in New window / new browser tab

Add option to Open Prototype in New window / new browser tab. for ex. if I wanted to open menu item in new tab / new browser window, I cant found any such feature in XD. that's the basic option to add. long live XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hover connecting artboards

If would be great if the hover doesn't only present in states, rather in the artboards too

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stop fixed position scrolling at a certain point

The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show prototype comments in chronological order

Show comments in chronological order from earliest to latest so that the pin annotations will show up as 1, 2, 3, etc instead of 3, 2, 1.

Or at least add a sort feature.

During design review presentations, I would use this link to show my work and would use the pins to tell a story on what my audience should look at.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stack actions within a single interaction (multiple, cascading, ordered)

Let's say you're designing a switch, and you want to hint to the user that it can toggle with a tap, so you want it to bounce gently when hovered over. It would be great to be able to auto-animate to a different state, then immediately auto-animate back to the previous state upon completion of the first action.

The ability to stack actions would allow for complex interactions with the least amount of user interaction.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A new way to handle transition type animations

Howdy, folks!

That's a little bit of a stretch, but hear me out:

We could have a new panel to handle animations on components, for micro-interactions. This panel would allow us to select which propriety would be animated, like we do with css animations, calling specific prop, e.g.: "transition: width".

That would allow us to make correct animations for micro-interactions, and also allow us to see exactly with animation to use we is time to deliver the prototype to the developers.

See y'all later! Be safe n be well!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bind micro-interaction on any element inside the component

Howdy folks!

Would be awesome if we could bind micro interaction on any element inside a component. That would allow us to make more complex interactions for components, like multiple state changes based on different elements and triggers.

Imagine a Sidebar component, that when we tap some button inside, that make the sidebar toggle size. With the option of binding the state change on the child element, the prototype would be more reliable when was time to delivery to the developers, where they would know exactly which element trigger each state change.

Hope that you'all are safe and healthy.

Love…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Click-Outside" trigger, for micro-interactions

Hey good people!

Would be great if we have a new trigger for "click-outside" elements.I know that some ways to hack this feature, but would be so much easier to handle state changes on complex components if we could select a click-outside element trigger.

Thank you, folks! Adobe XD is awesome!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hover-Out trigger for micro-interactions

Would be great if we had a hover out trigger, so that will be activated when we leave the element.

That would make so more realistic to handle state changes, especially whem we have many states in our component.

Thanks good people, have a great day!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Move component to front and change state on click

I have multiple components and some of this components states are popup windows, since the first state of the components are buttons, when the pop up state is triggered the other components beneath will show up in front. If i bring this componen to front then the next button will have the same problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Fix position when scrolling" should be visible in <Preview mode> even elements are out of view point

I had a problem to make the elements fixed when it is out of viewpoint, they disappear from the preview mode.

My project has one case that requires one element should be appeared in a section which is unfortunately out of viewpoint already (please see my attachment).

Please make an update for the features "Fixed position when scrolling" visible in Preview Mode & Prototype link even that element is out of viewpoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stack : Not working with Component - Default state to Next State that animate larger

With the new update the stack and scrolling verticaly/horizoontaly.

Create Component -> Repeat Grid -> Ungroup -> Group - > Create Stack ->inside the stack main component -> Create new state (After) -> On after state(Make the space vericaly larger) ->Default to normal state back -> press preview.

Result : Inise Xd Programe, is shows that the component is pushing the stack. When preview mode, doesnt push the stack accordingly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Windows] Horizontal Scroll not working on windows at View Prototype Mode

Ive tried the new features its cool. But Horizontal Scroll doesnt work on windows where you in preview mode. However, when generate links, it works well browing using the links

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. allow multiple hover triggers to change between components states without having to mouse off component and start from original state

Currently I have a component with 7 states. Its a left nav bar with a collapsed(default) state with 6 buttons to hover trigger the other states. I have each button set to hover trigger each corresponding state, which are flyout menus. I have already gone into each of the 6 states to reapply the hover trigger to each button. Currently, I can't just slide my mouse down the 6 buttons to trigger the states associated with them. I have to hover trigger one of the flyout menus, then I have to mouse off of the entire component, reseting it back…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow more than one of the same type of interaction on a component

Allow more than one of the same type of interaction on a component.

For example two taps. One triggering an overlay menu, and One moving down to anchor link on another part of the page (where the overlay is position to show)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Automatic Counters

Make auto counters a thing so that a numbered component/list can automatically change when a certain trigger is applied. Example: When adding items to a shopping cart, the number on the cart icon automatically changes when the button is clicked instead of having to manually create a list of numbers and different states for each one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Order of actions in 1 trigger

Once I press a button or touch, I want to get an animation to other artboard and a sound at the same time. For now if I do both, adobe xd preffers only one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sitemap for shared prototype

Xd Prototype mode is very difficult to handle , when we are working in big enterprise web application , we have multiple flows wiring those flows in Xd is difficult , again when we share the link with customer they get also confuse , because in XD we dont have any sitemap in prototype mode
    I think product team made the prototype mode more intuitive and easy to use for big project handling like enterprise level application, rather then only mobile and website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base