Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add colour experience - make easier

Colors. Why can't I add them straight up? I know all the colours i need to use? Why can't i just create them? Why do i need put something on an art board first? I am doing something wrong?

The asset management is strange. Figma does it better. Copy them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change logic for where a "duplicated" artboard appears

Often times I will duplicate an artboard (command, d), and I'll expect it to appear directly next to the artboard that I just duplicated.

But what actually happens is that the artboard appears to the far left of the top artboard in the file. My site-grid layouts are usually large - So I'll have to zoom out, find the duplicate, and then drag it down to where I wanted to appear in the first place (NEXT to the original)

Please fix this logic - It's annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Freeze Layers

The feature to secure layers that must be placed at the top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to override the automatic "swapping components" when dragging assets over other assets.

When I am trying to build nested components-- in order to prevent it from swapping, I have to click into the component in order to drag another component from the assets panel. I would like the ability to hold a modifier key to prevent this from happening. It would save time and clicks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Making "Fix Position When Scrolling" mutual to Design & Prototyping Modes

The feature "Fix Position When Scrolling" under prototyping mode is basically for pinning the layer during a vertical scroll, as we all know; to which once it checked under the scrolling setting- it indicates a pin icon alongside the respective layer(in prototype mode alone). This is completely perfect for small sets of the design artboards, but when it comes to around 50-100 artboards, I feel it is not efficient enough.

The pin likewise in all the other widely used applications, let's say "Microsoft Teams" once I pin a chat it stays on top of my chat log in spite of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SCALE STROKE

Why doesnt XD have the most basic, fundamental ability to scale a stroke? when i scale a graphic with a stroke i should have the options to scale stroke and effects uniformly just as illustrator has. it isnt rocket science, this is basic, basic stuff. please add it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Prevent Component Folder from closing when changing states

Whenever I change my component's state the left panel keeps closing the component's folder tree. Please prevent this on Windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multiple device formats for components

The ability to have multiple formats spanning across devices (mobile, tablet, desktop etc.) under one component would be a game changer. If I change the colour of a button on desktop it's replicated across all the components formats.

Currently if a client makes a last-minute request to change fonts, colours etc. we have to make the change across all devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Horizontal Scroll bar to view artboards

Hi

Just a simple request, this has been driving me absolutely crazy.

Can you please implement a horizontal scroll bar on the design mode section, so we can easily move between the designs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. movie clip

I referring something like Adobe flash, where you can create a movie clip (animation component, eg: loading bar) I planning to have loading bar first before to have the content appear. For example the result page design. But it will be too much work to create so many frames/screens just to animate the loading bar. It work be nice, the loading bar is created like a movie clip or animation component, and can be use any of the frames/screens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Reset to Main State" all the instances of one component present in the document in one click

Have the possibility to "Reset to Main State" all the instances of one component present in the document in one click.

I'm working on a file with 60+ artboards, with lots of components and subcomponents. Sometimes the instances of my components don't update automatically when I edit the main state, so I have to do it manually for each one of them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add and change Shadows between Component States

When I create buttons in Xd, I want to save them as a component, add a hover state to it and add a shadow so it looks lifted. Right now Xd only supports changing color, outline and maybe size but managing shadows is not possible. Please add!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Paste over selection

As a designer, I want to copy an object and paste it on top of a selected symbol / component / text object's coordinates.

For example I have a logo on a web page set at x:20px and y:20px. I would select the logo and right-clic, use dropdown menu, or the keyboard shortcut and choose "Paste over selection". The graphic I had on my clipboard would be pasted at x:20px and y:20px. Sketch does it and it's like RedBull-fast and effective.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When rolling over a group and seeing it highlighted, you should be able to select that specific group, not the parent

When you rollover a group and XD shows you the highlight for that group, clicking once should allow you to select it! This is behavior that is common in Figma/Sketch. Instead, it always selects the top most parent group.

This is really slowing down my workflow. In the attached video you'll see this in action. Toward the end I Command click but that only select the individual layer. (Even that feature is wonky sometimes). Selecting things in general since I've switched to XD has been the biggest pain and very time consuming for my workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Building a themeable project

Create and change the theme easyless.
    Like :
    Pass all the project in dark mode.
    Or,
    pass Only this component in "Market theme" (promotion, ...)

Switch the theme by component or page (when this is build before)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Selecting the artboard in layers panel when it's already selected should not zoom to fit

PROBLEM:
    Sometimes my artboard collapses out of nowhere so I have to double click the artboard name to open it back up to see the layers again. But when I do that, XD zooms me out to see the entire artboard. So I have to zoom back in to find the section I was working on again.

SOLUTION:
    If the artboard you're opening is the one that's already in view, don't perform any zooming actions. (I understand that this feature is to help you find artboards when you need to, but it doesn't help when you're already on it)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Link multiple flows together with annotations (scenes)

Freely move all selected elements + artboards within a work area inside the XD file work space.
    Maybe group them as "Scenes" of artboards with other elements like descriptions, step sequence, title ++ that is not part of any artboards. This way you can explain the prototype within the XD file while also making it clickable as a prototype through all the artboards that is part of this "Scene" and may transition into other "Scenes" within the same XD-file.

Attached screenshot is one working area containing several artboards within the same XD file. In the XD file there is also…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hide Overflow Options within Groups

(In Design Mode) I was trying to create a screen to simulate a sliding modal that goes off the screen. I moved the modal group within my container group half-outside the bounds of my container group, and wanted the overflow to be hidden. But there is no option, so I had to create a white square, without borders and place it near the bounds of my main group, above the overflow portion of the modal group.

Please tell me there's an easier way to hide the overflow of objects when they are outside the bounds of the parent group. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are a couple of ways for you to do this. First, you can create a mask group to clip at a certain boundary:
    https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1303477916139839489?s=20

Mask groups can be auto-animated.

Alternatively, you can set your group to turn on scroll groups, which would also clip to a prescribed boundary. You can learn more about that feature here: https://youtu.be/UV4YKibuCKg

Please do let us know if this resolves your question, or if you’re trying to accomplish something else.

19. Prevent editing on some artboarts in a shared cloud file.

When I'm working with my team I would like to lock some artboards in a collaboration file. This way I can guarantee that those artboards will stay unchanged but my colleagues can still see my progress and copy elements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Select same for group to merge to component

In certain apps such as VS Code, you can select a specific string, then press Ctrl+D, I think, and each time you press that shortcut the selection 'expands' to include one more of the potentially multiple instances of that specific string into a highlighted, select-state. You can keep pressing until all instances are selected, it tends to expand starting with the nearest, working outwards from that point in the document, to eventually include all insances.

Typically, then people would use the multi-cursor feature to replace the multiple selections of the same string with another string, or paste one from the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base