Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gradient color setting for shape outlines

Shape objects have gradient options in there color settings but not the shape outlines.

A gradient setting for shape outline color can help us create design elements with more depth and make them look more realistic especially with the new 3D Transform feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Return object from path to normal state / Be able to edit border radius of object AT ALL TIMES

Im having trouble with rounding borders. After sometime, the option to round a border/corner of an object is gone and that is because of the double click to path feature.
    I'd like to be able to still edit my object's border radius/roundness even after it is set to path OR be able to roll back an object from Path to normal previous to path state at any point in time.

My team and I are having a very hard time with not being able to round our object's borders after we have made multiple changes to that object/file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to drill down into layers via right mouse button click

I find myself using Sketch more than XD primarily for one main reason. If I see a bunch of layers or assets piled on top of each other on the z-axis, I can quickly get to the one I want in sketch by using the right mouse click. It will then list all assets directly below my cursor.

This comes in handy when I need to freeze and unfreeze layers as I work through a project. XD doesn't have this functionality as far as I know. Unfortunately though I love XD, I find sketch to be much faster to design…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 동기화 중으로 계속 XD가 열리지않아요.

동기화 중으로 계속 XD가 열리지않아요.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug: Vector graphic assets from Adobe CC Library is distorted on XD

I use Illustrator to draw a set of icons, and put them in Adobe CC Library to share the graphic assets with my teammates and to be used in various design projects in XD, Ilustrator, and Photoshop etc.

When I place the vector graphic asset into XD, somehow the path gets distorted. This only appears to happen on very small vector graphics. (The icons I made in Illustrator are 24px by 24px)

This distortion only happens when graphic assets are place on XD. When I place the same graphic assets on Illustrator, it looks fine. (See the attached assets, you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. After duplicate an artboard, put the new artboard right after the previous one on the artboard list on the left panel

Every time we duplicate (or copy and paste) an artboard or an element, the new one goes on the top of left panel above all previous elements, and sometimes, to keep a specific order, we need that new artboard to be duplicate RIGHT AFTER the previous one, for example, to have 2 versions just in case we need to compare them in the future, side by side. As it happens currently, every time a new duplicate artboard goes above all previous ones so we always need to drag and drop it right on the place that artboard was supposed to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Share artboards between different flows

I often create a series of artboards that I want to use in several flows, or more than once in the same flow.

The "return to previous artboard" functionality is inadequate to allow this to happen.

E.g. A series of artboards that show an image being loaded and edited. I want to transition to this series of artboards in many places throughout my workflow, and once I have progressed through these image editting artboards I want to return to the artboard that I was at before I transitioned. Because I am not returning from the first artboard in the set…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Edits on the default state of an instance component does not apply on other states

Edits on the default state of an instance component should apply to all states of this component.

It is so frustrating that you have to edit every state individually whenever you make a new instance of the component, especially if you have 4 or more states.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to keep fixed position elements on top

I always have fixed position elements in my designs that I always want as the top layers, for example a site or app header and navigation menus. As I add new elements over the hours, days, weeks and months of design, I have to move the fixed elements back to the top. It's a big pain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Overview of all overrides on a component

As a designer I would like to able to see what elements and properties has been overriden on a component instance.

With that feature in place it would also be possible to reset selected parts of an instance to the main state and not only the entire component instance.

Sketch handles this very well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Urdu (India) RTL language support

I'm trying to paste Urdu language to my file. It works OK as long as there is only Urdu alphabets. I run into problems when there are numbers at the start of the sentence. Those numbers change places when I edit the text. In edit mode they appear correctly at the start of the sentence, but when I preview the text then they flip to the opposite side of the sentence. Also I strongly feel that this language slows down the editing and previewing in XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cloud continuous saving slows down work flow.

When I'm working with a cloud document. Cloud auto saving requires a lot of bandwidth to be a smooth experience. Otherwise, between every interaction there is a pause when the doc auto saves.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. define footer - change artboard automatically

it would be a nice feature if you could define the footer element and the height of the artboard adapt automatically to the footer. Or at least make the artboard bottom magnetic to elements..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. share and link in Design mode

update flows need to be in design mode. because if we need to update many flows and want to share need to select flow then share panel and click button update. i suggest an example how can it be

https://prnt.sc/voxq33

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Replacing images naming updates

I have found when you replace and image that the name of the file doesn't update to the new file you are replacing the current file with. This is pretty annoying to have to rename and not to mention having to rename something that you just replaced in a frame or mask is just more work then needs to be done. Also when placing psd files retaining the file name would be great too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make preview dimensions true to design dimensions

I'd like to be able to see a true to form depiction of my 1920x1080 design in preview mode. When I click on the play button, Adobe resizes and puts a different aspect ratio on my design, including adding two vertical black bars - one on each side of the design. (see screenshot)

The devs I work with like to develop in 1920 and I enjoy designing in 1920. However, we keep running into problems due to the fact that I have been thinking when I click preview, I'm looking at my design in its correct proportions. We just discovered…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make a set of useful pre-defined components available

I have quite enjoyed exploring all the possibilities using states and prototype triggers, but it seems bizarre to me that I have to experiment and build my own components to achieve functionality such as ... for example

a. Implementing radio buttons where only 1 can be selected
    b. Dropdown fields
    c. Implementing enabling of a button when a form field is filled

I imagine that beginners would find it useful to have even simple to implement pre-packaged components such as form field containing an in field prompt that disappears when you click on the field and a hover over action…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Paste an element into a layer relative to the position in the layer that it was copied from

I often use the layers panel to copy and paste elements. E.g. if I want to copy an element of a main component to another component.

Currently, when I paste into the new component the elements are pasted some distance from the target component. I cant imagine a situation where the current xd chosen paste location is anywhere near where the user would want it to be located.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. group name

Naming layers and groups is a basic good practice, and often we need to nidificate groups in groups and of course, give a group name. Unfortunately, when you will need to separe a group, XD looses the group's name inside it. It's a lost of time and also frustrating, because it's so common to make and separe groups in a group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 64 65
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base