Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy artboard as raster at 2x

I make heavy use of the ability to copy an artboard as a raster image, so I can quickly paste images into other apps (Teams, Confluence, Target Process, etc.).

I design at 1x, but I'd really love it if the artboards were copied at 2x so I can preserve full fidelity when viewing the pasted images on retina screens.

Any chance there could be an option to copy at 1x or 2x?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SpellCheck all text areas across all artboards

While the current spellcheck is great when you are typing, there's currently no way of running spellcheck across all your artboards in a project.

I end up copying and pasting a lot of text into a design when I'm working but there's no guarantee that the spelling and grammar is correct. Currently, I would have to go through each text area individually.

It would be fantastic if this improvement could be considered.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It will look good if emulator type of skin is added to preview windows for mobile designs rather then traditional windows/macOS theme

It will look good if emulator type of skin is added to preview windows for mobile designs rather than traditional windows/macOS theme. I don't like this traditional skin in preview window it should look like the device in which the design is being made for

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Rethink the component system

In a design system we need hierarchy and inheritance. At this point XD handles these a really poor way.

Important principles:

Embedded / nested components
    If I embed a component and change it, the change should be the new default, so when I make new instances of the master, the subcomponent should NOT be reset.

States
    If I create a new state, and change the elements / subcomponents, only the property changes I made should be saved in the new state. ALL OTHERS should be exactly as in the master. This should work in the property level, so if the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Design]-Component Reset all Children to Parent in XD.

It would be nice to be able to right-click on a Master component and have it reset all the associated children to match. Sometimes I have edited the children by accident, not realizing it and then you break that relationship. You can go to each child and do a reset to master, but it would be nice to do a global reset.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-component-reset-all-children-to-parent-in-xd/m-p/10980860?page=1#M25286

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Display number of selected objects

When I have many svg's I want to know how many so I can arrange them in columns

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Better typesetting features

Better control over typesetting including:
    Bullet points
    Paragraph indents
    Ability to set different leading within same text box
    Character and paragraph styles more similar to InDesign
    Tables

Also - word count

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Changing character in default typefont

I'm looking for a way to change a character in my default font. I use the font family Proxima Nova (an Adobe font, what I have activated). In InDesign you can choose between two character for the letter 'a'. There I can change the font with find glyph en replace it for the other one. This is an extra action I make for all my designs.

It would be awesome to set that letter 'a' as a default a in that typefont. Because I can only use the right one in InDesign. Adobe XD don't has that option. Is there…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fade Mask ala Facebook Live Comments

I would like to see a gradient/fade mask feature, similar to how comments were being masked on Facebook Live and other live streaming apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fade Mask ala Facebook Live Comments

I would like to see a gradient/fade mask feature, similar to how comments were being masked on Facebook Live and other live streaming apps.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Zooming with external mouse (not trackpad) like in Miro -> Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan

I got really simple suggestion for scrolling in your app - do as Miro did when scrolling with external mouse.

Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan. I think it's a quick win and you will make usage with external mouse muuuuch easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Link more UI assets to one file and Unlink linked assets

Unlink/deselect linked assets.

Why is it not possible to remove linked assets from a file, once they are linked?

Would be nice to be able to switch assets or even add several assets to one document. Most of designers work across platforms and need to have UI kits for e.g. Desktop and Native Android, Native iOS. But one file can only link one set of assets and those assets you cannot unlink.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Carry layer position (Bring to Front/Back) from Master Components to all Instances

If I have a floating call to action button on every screen, or a sticky header on every screen (as master components) - when I position the layer of a master component (bring to front, bring to back etc) that positioning should carry over to every instance on every screen.

Sticky header is a good example. If I use the same component on every page and need it to be the top layer, I should not have to manually bring each instance to The Front - if I have 40 screens this is cumbersome.

If I make more edits to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Project Zoom Option

On Adobe Spark it would be great if you could zoom into the project to be more accurate with your placement and focus on one section of the project at a time. Instead of seeing the whole project at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 scrollable areas Feature

It would be awesome to have multiple scrollable areas like the attached video. My vision for this to work in Xd would be that when you check the box "Fix position when Scrolling" on a group there would be another option to check if it continues below the Fold line, the content would be scrollable separately from the main scroll.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use markdown to format text

Allow users to assign markdown shortcuts to particular character styles, so that the style are automatically applied to that line of text.

This would allow for much faster formatting of longer content like blog posts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Multiple character styles in one text frame

It would be helpful to apply more than one character style to text in a text box. It would be particularly helpful when formatting long text like a blog post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Polygon tool to support star ratio of more than 100%

The ability for polygon tool to support star ratio of more than 100% so that it would be easier to create a rounded square for the containers of icons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Real Layers in the Layers panel

The current Layers panel in XD is a visual representation of the Stacking order and it's convenient to reorder, hide, mark for export… items.

But I'm really missing the Layers specific features like hiding a complete selection of ungrouped items, high level hierarchy, non-printing/exporting option (here non-exported).

To precise a key think I'm really missing from Layers panels — we can find in other vector based software like Illustrator or Photoshop — is not having to reorder any time my structure because any new items or paste will bring the content at the top of the stack. (…) In Illustrator,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Promote component state to master component

It's possible to reset the state of subcomponents to the status of the master component. Somethimes Iam editing subcomponents in a way that I like the design of them more and I want to adapt all other components accordingly. For this I have to do all changes for the master component again. I would like to have the option to create a new master component from a subcomponent or reset the master component to the state of a subcomponent.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 58 59
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base