Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fade Mask ala Facebook Live Comments

I would like to see a gradient/fade mask feature, similar to how comments were being masked on Facebook Live and other live streaming apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fade Mask ala Facebook Live Comments

I would like to see a gradient/fade mask feature, similar to how comments were being masked on Facebook Live and other live streaming apps.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Zooming with external mouse (not trackpad) like in Miro -> Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan

I got really simple suggestion for scrolling in your app - do as Miro did when scrolling with external mouse.

Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan. I think it's a quick win and you will make usage with external mouse muuuuch easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Link more UI assets to one file and Unlink linked assets

Unlink/deselect linked assets.

Why is it not possible to remove linked assets from a file, once they are linked?

Would be nice to be able to switch assets or even add several assets to one document. Most of designers work across platforms and need to have UI kits for e.g. Desktop and Native Android, Native iOS. But one file can only link one set of assets and those assets you cannot unlink.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Carry layer position (Bring to Front/Back) from Master Components to all Instances

If I have a floating call to action button on every screen, or a sticky header on every screen (as master components) - when I position the layer of a master component (bring to front, bring to back etc) that positioning should carry over to every instance on every screen.

Sticky header is a good example. If I use the same component on every page and need it to be the top layer, I should not have to manually bring each instance to The Front - if I have 40 screens this is cumbersome.

If I make more edits to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Project Zoom Option

On Adobe Spark it would be great if you could zoom into the project to be more accurate with your placement and focus on one section of the project at a time. Instead of seeing the whole project at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 scrollable areas Feature

It would be awesome to have multiple scrollable areas like the attached video. My vision for this to work in Xd would be that when you check the box "Fix position when Scrolling" on a group there would be another option to check if it continues below the Fold line, the content would be scrollable separately from the main scroll.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use markdown to format text

Allow users to assign markdown shortcuts to particular character styles, so that the style are automatically applied to that line of text.

This would allow for much faster formatting of longer content like blog posts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Multiple character styles in one text frame

It would be helpful to apply more than one character style to text in a text box. It would be particularly helpful when formatting long text like a blog post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Polygon tool to support star ratio of more than 100%

The ability for polygon tool to support star ratio of more than 100% so that it would be easier to create a rounded square for the containers of icons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Real Layers in the Layers panel

The current Layers panel in XD is a visual representation of the Stacking order and it's convenient to reorder, hide, mark for export… items.

But I'm really missing the Layers specific features like hiding a complete selection of ungrouped items, high level hierarchy, non-printing/exporting option (here non-exported).

To precise a key think I'm really missing from Layers panels — we can find in other vector based software like Illustrator or Photoshop — is not having to reorder any time my structure because any new items or paste will bring the content at the top of the stack. (…) In Illustrator,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Promote component state to master component

It's possible to reset the state of subcomponents to the status of the master component. Somethimes Iam editing subcomponents in a way that I like the design of them more and I want to adapt all other components accordingly. For this I have to do all changes for the master component again. I would like to have the option to create a new master component from a subcomponent or reset the master component to the state of a subcomponent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Favorite plugins list in plugins panel

A separate list above the existing list in the plugins panel (as "Favorites") for an easier access for users with huge lists of plugins.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When dragging, let me drag the whole selection and not the innerlaying element

Let's say I have a logo containing a wordmark. When I want to drag it, I need to grab the actual pieces of the logo instead of e.g. an area within the logo. I would love to select the logo anywhere within the graphic instead of looking for specific areas to touch them. It seems XD is treating SVGs not as if they are "squares" to drag but respects the negative spaces in them and says "selectable=no" for them. Sketch does it differently and I kind of got used to it. Even a SVG you can select somwhere within the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Find Someone While Coediting

It would be great esp. in a larger file to see where my teammate(s) is working. I realize there is presence but the colored stroke is hard to find at times.

Ideas:

• A cursor icon of where they are in the doc (even if they are not selecting an object) or perhaps greyed out while they are working on something.

• The ability to click on their profile icon to be directed to where they are
    This could be great if you are on a call with a designer elsewhere to pinpoint whatever they are working on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Select corners and set radius

My natural workflow of setting corner radius is to select the corners of an object that I need and then go to the sidebar and set the radii for them. Sadly XD doesn't show the radius field anymore when corners are selected. Please fix this since selecting an object and then think which of those fields represent which corner it is uses way too much headspace.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Live preview for tablets - Android & iOS

There's live preview now for mobile devices; both Android and iOS and that's great. But we need the same for tablet devices as well. For both iPads and Android tablets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Text area snap should include line height

The new feature is great; however, it doesn't calculate using line height. So when it snaps to size, it snaps to the bottom of the physical text, not the bottom of the line-height, which is how it would work online. Would LOVE to see this as an option or an update. As it stands, the feature is nice, but not super helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Escape button consistency

When I type in a text box on the artboard and I hit escape it keeps the text I just changed and takes me out of editing mode with the cursor.

When I type in a layer to change the name of it and I hit escape it removes the changes I just made and take me out of editing mode with the cursor. To effectively keep the changes I must hit return on the keyboard.

If I hit return on the keyboard while editing a text box on the artboard I get what I would expect -- a carriage…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Reduce repeat-grid items to elements, not shadow

I created a set of cards recently, with at least 50px shadow around them. When I wanted to create a repeat-grid out of it, it calculated the repeat-grid-items from where the shadow started and not the grid. This made it super difficult to work inside my grid. Please ignore the shadows as these are not part of the layout and the grid should be only for the elements and not the shadow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 57 58
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base