Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

18 results found

1. Hi XD Team, We are already halfway through 2021 and the new features and updates to XD this year have been very limited. This month we got no new features apart from Apple Silicon and bug improvements. You have a very active community providing feedback on new features, so you do not lack input. I've been using XD since its inception, but it's getting harder and harder to justify using it over Figma to my team. Please can you start dropping some real improvements to the software?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. This is not a feature request. This is a plea to reduce the number of new features under development and focus your efforts on improving/fixing existing ones. States is an awesome addition but it's full of holes and needs a lot of work before it's truly useful. I still run into all sorts of bugs with components. Something as simple as selecting an object and adjusting its position with the arrow keys is a pain (clicking arrow keys reverts to navigating the layers panel instead of moving the selection). I appreciate all the hard work and innovative additions to XD.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I've linked assets from other document...nice...but how to unlink them? Delete from assets?

While I'm able do everything with components which I draged & dropped from other document, I cant do nothing with them when I'm using "+" as linking method.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Why are you discontinuing tech support for Adobe Muse?
    It's the easiest web design program you have.

Keep Adobe Muse. It's easy to use.

I recently downloaded Dreamweaver. It is a program which you will have to teach yourself some things to work with. All the tutorial videos are not like the program I downloaded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Sometimes I use the undo shortcut once too many. Please allow Ctrl + Y for a redo. Even if there's only one possible redo, I'd take it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Plugins, Layers and Assets panel at its minum width is a very narrow column on Mac. I think scrollbars are too large, also for XD's properties panel.
    It would be great having narrower scrollbars, as thin as in Windows or in the font menu, even better with a show/hide effect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. If you have a scrolling art board 2000px high (1366 wide), set a scroll position of 768px. Add an overlay to hot spot to call an overlay panel at say 800px and then as you scroll to the hot spot at 800px click to reveal the overlay and nothing will happen. It is broken by the scroll.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I don't understand why when I turn on a layer to view it on the layer panel
    the eye icon is with a cross on it?
    when I turn on the layer view the eye icon shouldn't be crossed it should be in low opacity with out a cross

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There is a bug when i preview an overlay effect. If a do scroll the overlay appears in the wrong place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After discussing with the team this is working as designed. Overlay position is relative to the viewport. Meaning, wherever it is set to appear in the linked artboard is where it remains.

I’ve updated the title and moved to feature request forum for team to consider including in future release.

Thanks for sharing your feedback!
    Nina

10. When exporting a selected image inside a mask for export, the expectation is that the original photo will be exported if thats all I've selected. Instead it's just exporting the masked region.

This is particularly frustrating you need to pass along original assets to a development team that will do their own masking on a live website or app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Joshua:

That makes a lot of sense! One way to work around this is to create a mask group. This will keep the image as a separate layer within the group that can then be enabled for batch export.

I’ve moved this report over to the Feature Request forum for team to review.

Cheers!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

11. Sure, it is a great that you can send the design to a client and let them add pin comments to the design to point out specific parts ... but why can't the design owner do it?

My design has a number of different elements including dragging, scrolling, hovers, overlays and I need to describe the desired effect to the developer. It is so difficult to write a list of comments trying to refer to a part of my design. "Make the white box slide in from the bottom". What if I have a number of white boxes in my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi,

2 related questions here:

1. forgive me if I'm wrong, but I can't seem to find a way to open the artboard overview (if there is one) in the published prototype. I mean in the web application, not the desktop preview. The published design specs have an overview page of all artboards, the published prototype doesn't. Am I missing something? Or is it not implemented (yet?) ?

I consider this as a nice to have feature, because in some cases not all prototypes are clickable, so only navigating with the arrow keys is not sufficient.

1. Is it possible to add…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

We are happy to know that you like the overview page with all Artboards listed for a glance. Please note that currently this overview page is only presented for Design Specs.

To understand more about your use cases w.r.t Prototype, I had couple of questions here.

1. Is navigating to the artboards the only use case that you would use this overview page for in case of Prototypes?

2. When you say not all artboards are clickable, can you explain this with an example? I wanted to understand how would your artboards be linked in that scenario.

3. When your prototype is created, how would you like your clients or stakeholders to navigate through for review? Would you be ok if they just use the overview page and go all across without going through the experience flow you have created?

Thanks!

13. HI,

I tried out the feature of renaming charater styles and updated the design specs afterwards. When I opened the design specs they still had the original names. Rendering the feature half way useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1) Artboard overlay indicator is placed
    2) Content on artboard cannot be aligned with button or page margin
    3) In order to show box-shadow in the protoype I had to extend my overlay artboard. But then I cannot align it to the page margin or button, because the overlay function does not allow me to place it outside of the view.

Also it would be great to see the applied grid/layout settings in prototype mode, so it is possible to place the overlays pixel perfect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'm very unhappy with the export dialog regarding the conventions that you have in other adobe products like photoshop or illustrator. Actually I even consider XD export counter intuitive. No! It even doesn't makes sense to me, sorry. Your other Adobe software gives the possibilty to upscale or downscale. Instead XD will only downscale, wtf? Sure, there is svg-export, but ya know svg is a tricky pita: Photoshop and Illustrator quite often fail to render svg correctly. So exporting svg for being able to upscale is pure gambling. Please give as a proper export dialogue instead of the current feature…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We have a project of complex web app designs, once we're ready to submit this for review, we:
    - publish prototype
    - create public link (allow comments and show hotspot hints)

so BEFORE, we open the xd link to browser (chrome) then scroll through designs using left and right arrow keys to review every page. There's no transition between pages, so it will be easy to spot misalignments and inconsistent spaces. We haven't added transition wires on every page, just created public link then review online. Now, the transition between pages is "slide left".

Not effective, can we revert it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shame as it makes it easier to browse through the fonts we usually used the most or the most - I suppose that the other option is to save the top choices in the current project library?
    XD version: 10.0.12.09 / CC version: 3.1.0.8

Many thanks for your help and time!
    Karen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi, when I try to get the properties for a grouped object in design specs I've not the whole informations I expect.

In the group I've a text and lines but nor text nor lines are described.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ondy:

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Alas, this is a limitation with the current implementation. The team is investigating ways to change for future releases. I’ve moved this post into the feature request forum for the team to update.

Thanks!
    Nina