Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text formatting

Where are the text formatting tools present on Photoshop and illustrator ?
    - underline
    - all in capital
    - small capital
    - superior/exponent
    - inferior/sign
    - barred

Even making a copy / paste formatting of the text isn't preserved.

Waiting for an answer from Adobe XD Team

Best regards

751 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show overflow text indication

show indicator of hidden text in paragraphs (as in Illustrator)

Please add a way to show if paragraph lines are hidden (same or similar to Illustrator)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Paste above selected layer

Currently, if you paste a new object, it is pasted on top of all other layers, even if you have another layer selected.
    This differs how it is handled in other programs (such as Sketch or even Adobe's own), where when you have a specific layer selected, all pasted elements will be pasted above the selected layer and not as the top-most layer.

It would be nice if this could be added as it makes pasting layers way more efficient, since you dont have to go to the layers panel afterwards to reorder the pasted contents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Guest Log-In (no log-in) for reviewers only

Adobe keeps saying this issue is resolved. It's not. Please allow an Adobe XD creator to share an XD preview without the reviewer (client) having to have an Adobe account or log in. Should be as simple as click the link for a preview. And they should be private. (password optional). Same as Google Drive sharing "Anyone with link can view".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the response. You should be able to create a public prototype that does not require a login (equivalent of “anyone who has the link can view”), AND you can create a password-protected link that does not require a CC account (“anyone who has the link + the password can view”).

If you create a public prototype, it is NOT searchable, but similar to Google’s “anyone with the link can view,” if someone else gets a copy of the URL, they can open it to view. That’s likely why you were told that it was publicly accessible – it’s technically true, and we need to ensure you know that it’s very hard to find due to our long URLs, but not impossible to do so.

Hope that helps!

5. Use multiple instances of the same swatches

It would be great to add multiple instances of the same color to the Color asset library using labels to differentiate each instance. The same color might be used across multiple components and UI elements across the document, sometimes its necessary to only tweak just one instance of the color and not make a global change.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! If you need to make a local change and unlink something from a color from the asset library, select the object and open the color picker in the property inspector on the right hand side. The changes there won’t reflect across your canvas, only on the individual object. Hope that helps!

6. Restart animation in preview mode

I'd like to be able to restart an animation without leaving Preview mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Resize layer in mask

Masks are completely broken and pretty useless in XD currently. You can't reorder layers, use clipping masks, or even resize a layer inside a mask. Once you create a mask group, it's basically a locked in and un-editable layer causing lots of frustration and confusion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Prototype

Trigger Action Send to Back Page Option - We can have the procedure to "Send to Back Page" option, when linking single page from multiple pages or links, it can help designer to create presentable flow when there are multiple scenarios involved, I hope you understand and provide solution...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hover, blending modes and rulers

HOVER!! we need hover, blending mode and rulers, please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adobe XD missing features

Two things I'm really missing in the ADOBE XD program:
    º block text
    º crop images

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Comment archive

Could you implement a link called 'Solved', that after clicked it that comment go to a archive list comments. It's because I want to control what I did and what I have as a suggestion (comments).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BRING BACK THE OLD COPY INTERACTIONS

Pleasseeee PLEEEAAAASSSEEE.... bring back the copy of interactions while being on prototype mode.... after the last update, I have to copy and paste every interaction separately instead of just copying the whole group of objects with their interactions... it has made my work a loooot harder.... please!! thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Home Screen

The Home Screen really is of little use if it's not customisable..

* Why is "Explore the basics." present after extensive use? Should it not be dismissible?
    * The preset list does not remember the last choice. If I am constantly selecting iPone 6 Plus, why does it always fallback to iPhone X?
    * The same goes for Custom Size. If you cant save presets, at least maybe it could remember the last value?
    * Under "Your Work" why is there no Creative Cloud Files?
    * Should be able to drag a folder there for quick access to your Projects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Common Interactions in digital products

Simple interactions which are commonplace in almost all apps / digital products yet cannot be communicated through current design tools.
    Here’s a brief list:

Hovering a button
    Focusing an input
    Checking a checkbox
    Tabbed content
    Scroll areas
    Tab index for focused states
    Keyboard shortcuts

source:
    https://medium.freecodecamp.org/design-tools-are-running-out-of-track-94f21b6ae939

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you have individual suggestions separated out into different tickets. The good news is most of these are already in the system and are waiting for your upvote. For instance:

15. Over Flow plugins

Hi i just wanted to ask when the overflow plugin is going launch for Microsoft

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Drop Shadow Effect

Drop shadow effect on objects like buttons. This are fundamental when trying to achieve Material Design effects like showing elevation on objects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Layout mit domain verbinden

kann ich mit Adobe XD webdesignen und mein design mit einer domain auf einem server veröffnetlichen oder dient das programm nur zu vorschauzwecken ?

LG,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, XD is only for prototyping and not for generating actual websites. If you’re interested in generating websites, you should upvote this story:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13057005

Leider ist XD nur für das Prototyping und nicht für die Generierung von Websites gedacht. Wenn Sie daran interessiert sind, Websites zu erstellen, sollten Sie diese Geschichte aufgreifen: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13057005

Diese Nachricht wurde maschinell übersetzt.

18. Provide link to official iOS Kit for Windows

There is no official iOS Kit available on Windows. The 'Get UI Kits' link takes me to the Apple Design Resources page, and they have a .dmg file for download, that doesn't work on Windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Possibility to show columns when developers see the design specs

As a developer I want to be able to see columns when im looking at the design specs on the browser

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already available in the product! Your designer can turn on a layout grid and publish the design spec. Once you open the design spec, click on the artboard and look at the property inspector on the right. There should be a “layout grid” option that will give you the grid and give you the option of whether or not to turn it on. Hope that helps!

20. Simply make XD full Adobe CC ecosystem friendly...

Well... after trying many times XD and giving up frustrated after every try, I’ve reached some thoughts about why its still unusable for my “particular” user experience:

1. I’ve been doing user interface mock-ups with Illustrator for at least a decade, so my skills are focused on be productive with it and import image assets from Photoshop when needed. Then, I haven’t time to face a learn curve on a new design tool. I want to keep using Illustrator.

2. Being an Adobe CC long time user, I’ve grown with a deep understanding of Adobe CC ecosystem. Each program cooperates…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base