Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to publish all screens even without prototyping

If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

202 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-under-review  ·  65 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to switch from thumbnails to list view on recent projects on opening screen.

Most file names are too long to be read in thumbnail view, I would prefer to see them in a list. I would be useful to have the option to switch just like in PS' opening screen.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update interaction wires across symbols (keep in sync)

Adding a wire to an object inside a symbol or changing a wire inside a symbol should create/change the same wire/link across other instances of that symbol in the same way styles/text etc changes other instances.

This would allow navigation to be edited throughout a project.

I love the convenience of symbols, and I love that we can now add links to objects within a symbol, but not being able to propagate that interaction to other symbols is a problem for me.

316 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  90 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Single link for design specs and prototype

Great to see design specs working! Will add some ideas for it here. The first of them is:

As a designer, I need to send to developers a link with the working prototype and another with the design specs. Would be great if I could share a single link and design specs and prototype worked as tabs on that page.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  12 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow multiple people to share a link to the same URL (multiple owners of a prototype or design spec)

Collaborative work: Updating 'share link' of an .xd file not possible on another machine

System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    XD-Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta

We are working with different people on the same .xd file. Updating the prototype link is only possible on the machine with wich the .xd file was created. The other people can only create new links.

1. Create an .xd file
    2. Publish prototype
    2. Save the .xd file
    3. Open the same .xd file on another machine
    4. Updating the published prototype link not possible (only creation of new link)

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion. This behavior in XD is intentional. Only the user who created a prototype link is able to update that link. The thinking is that the owner for the link may not want others making changes.

At the moment, the only way for multiple people to update a prototype at the same URL is to be logged in with the same Creative Cloud account. We are however discussing adding the ability to specify more than one owner for a prototype – and we could then allow all owners to update the prototype link. It sounds like this is what you were expecting and the behavior you would like to see, is that correct?

6. Show the layer names on design spec mode

When the developer clicks an element, the layer name is not shown. Today he can only see the type of that layer ("Rectangle", "Text", "Group", etc). If the layer name was shown the designers could append information on that layer like the asset name or the color variable that should be used on that element.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  5 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 5,552 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

347 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3,428 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  321 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. show date of last update for each screen

At this time one can see "The date when the design specs was last updated"

When working on a living project, with constant improvements, or in general during development phase, it would be pretty handy for
    - developers (identify what to do)
    - testers/customers/responsible persons (what to review)
    to easily see that there where changes on special screen since last look by showing date and time of last update for each screen.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  0 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Colors assets

When you add colors to the Assets panel
    The same colors should show up in the Saved Swatches in the color picker box.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rulers

Global rulers for the x/y axis.

1,690 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export whole artboards (or entire project) as HTML

It would be great to Export Prototypes as pure HTML Projects. I am working a lot on Multiscreen apps, where I mostly use Serveal Webcontainers Running on several Screens, to develop those Applications.

2,152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  267 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cannot select object underneath in Design Specs

オブジェクトの選択について

「デザインスペック」画面で、
    重なっているオブジェクトの枚数が多いと、
    オブジェクトが選択ができないようです。
    (階層が下のオブジェクトが選択できない?)

オブジェクト間の正確なマージンが取れずに困っています。
    修正のご検討、よろしくお願いいたします。

About selecting objects

On the "Design Spec" screen,
    If the number of overlapping objects is large,
    It seems that you can not select an object.
    (Can not select object with hierarchy below??)

I am in trouble because I can not get an accurate margin between objects.
    Consideration of correction, thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  1 comment  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When creating a text field, automatically fill it with lorem ipsum.

Well, just as the title says. When selecting a text field and dragging across an art board, fill it with lorem ipsum automatically. If you don't need a dummy text - simply start writing to overwrite it. Would make prototyping text rich websites much faster.

368 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  22 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Embed fonts for 'untethered' mobile preview from Creative Cloud

Would be nice if fonts were embedded into the XD file. If not you aren't able to preview the app design with the correct font from iOS or android when syncing from creative cloud.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cancel publish during upload

By mistake i choose publish proto and update link - how to cancel it? - i have to close the file to cancel an activity.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Global/Master artboard templates (pin objects across all artboards)

1. Ability to have a single object (or group) break out of its artboard and cross multiple artboards within a single prototype. The simplest use case is the creation of a global navigation bar that spans across multiple screens. This object's interactive elements would also work across multiple screens as well, and any edits to this object would update across the rest of the screens.

2. Easy interaction management and editing. Also provides consistency with consistent elements within an experience.

1,767 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  113 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Gestures - swipe, pinch/zoom, force touch

In order to full use this as a UX professional, I would have to have the ability to include gestures, most critically for handing a stakeholder a wireframe or design. Gestural swipes, two-finger zoom, force-touch, etc. Otherwise I don't think too many experience UX professionals will be able to properly communicate core functionality and the behavioral imperatives incumbent to the process.

1,600 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  97 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Link to external URLs

Link a button that can link like a hyperlink to another web page like youtube or my own Web Page

1,291 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  358 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Text input field with actions based on value

For prototyping and user testing, a text input field control would be very helpful. Bonus if you could apply actions to enter / submit based on different strings.

1,244 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  145 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base