Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. So I started playing with Symbols Override for the June Update, but I feel this feature is still a little limited to what we can do.

Like I want to create a master nav bar with active and default states. But the override doesn't allow me to have that flexibility.

Same thing applies to a tab bar for iOS apps.

Right now I feels this Symbols Override feature only works for Buttons when you want to keep the same button styling but have different text. Or maybe cards with bitmap images, but not in a repeated grid list view format.

350 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Can we get "Open from your computer" in the mac file menu. It is painful to go have to click twice to open files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hard to view specifications of every element in a group/layer. For developers it seems better not to group anything, so they can view every item and layer (like overlays, highlighted text, etc.). But even then one cannot see all colors of the layers in one element (when you show different states of button, you add a 30% black overlapping layer on top of a color). A solution would be to show all layers, and make them selectable.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve now introduced right-click as well as ability to hold CMD to drill down on layers. With these two features, one can select any layer in the artbaords that you are inspecting

4. I rely heavily on the color picker, and it is now two clicks away instead of one. Furthermore, there's no keyboard shortcut for it. Returning the color picker to its previous collection and/or adding a keyboard shortcut will save me a lot of time in the long run.

This is a crosspost of "Color picker now 2 clicks away" under the Bugs section: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/32248015-color-picker-now-2-clicks-away

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I do appreciate the effort of including new languages (like Portuguese-BR) on Adobe XD. Even though I live in Brazil, I'm used to work with softwares and apps in English.

I would really like to have the option to change the language of Adobe XD, without have to change the language on my OS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Merge CC libraries and Assets Panel. It doesn't make sense to have 2 "panels" for the same thing. Photoshop has 1, Illustrator has 1. Why not XD?

Plus, i can't use the "features" assigned to the asset panel with the CC libraries. WHY?!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You should be ashamed guys...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I love the addition of symbols to XD, only let down (beside the ability to re-organise them which is already posted as an idea) is that I have to create a new symbol for every required size.

Please let us scale the symbols

1,700 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

9. 11,594 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone! I’m excited to announce that in XD 45 (released today 10/26), you will be able to import MP4 video into your XD designs.

To ensure platform compatibility and performance across desktop, web and mobile preview, your video must be:

MP4
    H.264
    AAC audio
    under 15 MB
    4K or under resolution.

Enjoy and we can’t wait to see what you create!

XD does not support Animated GIF, so if you are still looking for that, please start a separate request and vote on it.

10. Currently if I design mobile app assets at 1x I have to rescale individual assets at different sizes to export them seperately per platform.

I'd really like to see a one click export for both platforms from a 1x designed screen. 1x screesn are key when testing and there isn't an option setup a project at different scales.

Majority of my assets are vector, especially for the all important app iconography.

Photoshop has something like this at the moment be great to see something like this in XD.

Thanks

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently have this feature built into the export in Adobe XD. You can export, select the device type, and then click on export for multiple versions. You can also now batch export by marking an asset or a group for batch export, then select Export > Batch.

11. Currently pasting something is always placed on the top most position, that should be changed. Instead pasted elements should always be positioned above the currently selected layer.

Thansk in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently there is no way to know which artboard is the "Home Artboard" outside of Prototype mode, and there's no way of changing it in design mode.

I make a lot of presentations/decks in XD and I don't often use prototype mode. When I share a prototype/deck I assume the first slide is going to be the artboard in the upper left because this the default order for unlinked artboards in XD: left-to-right, top-to-bottom.

I currently don't have any visual indication (in design mode) as to which artboard is my "home artboard." Which means sometimes I don't know that my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When the developer clicks an element, the layer name is not shown. Today he can only see the type of that layer ("Rectangle", "Text", "Group", etc). If the layer name was shown the designers could append information on that layer like the asset name or the color variable that should be used on that element.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Whenever, you click on a layer in design specs, the layer type and name are displayed in the Design Specs properties inspector

14. There is no exit button for Adobe XD android app when you're in preview mode. Pressing the back button in android mobile, send us to the previous artboard and we can only exit when we get back to the starting(first) artboard. I'd like an easy way to exit from preview mode.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

In the XD Android App, the last option in the Menu is “Exit Prototype,” and you can exit the preview mode from there!

15. In CC Library, I should see the character styles I created named by the name I assigned, not the typeface. e.g. I should see "H1", "H2", "Body" instead of "Roboto", Roboto", Roboto"
    (Is this a feature request? it certainly seems like a bug...)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need Little bit tapping/hover effect on list/buttons/links during presentation to client. Its give an actual working product feel and help to make decision.

rollover, mouseover

8,933 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add any plugin like sketch's zeplin so it will become easier to share your designs and its assets to the developer team.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

XD’s January 2018 update now supports integration with Zeplin (as well as Avocode, ProtoPie, Sympli, and Kite Compositor). Read more at https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-popular-3rd-party-integrations-adobe-xd/

Zeplin is only supported on Mac right now. If you’re interested in Zeplin support with XD on Windows, please let us know by upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/33045610-zeplin-integration-on-windows

18. I can't find Adobe XD in App Store of China

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

We’ve just launched XD mobile in the China App Store! Please check it out and let us know what you think!

19. If i publish a prototype privately and i invite another designer on the team, the designer should be able to view my prototype on his XD mobile app just like it was his

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When I publish a prototype and share it with collegues or clients, they make comments on it. But as the owner of the prototype, only I get notifications when a new comment is made.

I like the new feature that allows us to publish private prototypes and invite people. They might get notifications on Adobe Creative Cloud, but even if they create an Adobe account, not all of them would download Adobe Creative Cloud or check the account regularly. It would be great if they also get the notifications by e-mail, like they get the invitation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In case of any comment activity on a private link, reviewers are notified via email as well as creative cloud desktop app. This is already working today if you use the latest version of XD.

Note that email notifications go to any reviewer for that comment thread where activity is happening. You also have the ability to @mention specific reviewers on the private link.