Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. As of now we can only stack elements on top of each other. However the ability to inject one object into another (like in the DOM tree in HTML) would greatly improve our ability to design interfaces that react to different content sizes and different context sizes.
    Manual responsive resize is a very good step to design the behavior among elements, but as of now it only works in one direction: Increasing the size of the group generates sensible positioning of the child elements. But often it should work the other way around: Increase the amount of text or the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. My company has the design system and components in Zeroheight, as it makes our designs to be consistent and is an easy way to share assets. I would be ideal if XD could integrate this plugin for our work and to push other designers to start using XD (as at the moment they consider this a blocker)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When on the smaller screens (desktop and mobile) the Asset panel takes up a large space of the screen. Create possibility to collapse and open this, or make more mobile friendly.
    To be able to use to whole screen to only view the artboard, click on elements and see their specs on mobile and have space to create comments.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide UI kit for material design and iOS like Sketch has it in their software. There is no kit available anywhere for Adobe xd

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We need an easy way of organizing artboards by user flows. I have multiple projects with 100+ pages and mutliple flows within them. When you do prototypes for functional things, you can't always just make one big prototype. Due to different user roles, states, etc. They can't be connected and you end up having mutiple flows to account for when you go to publish. Its all a big pain to manage.

My current workaround is to visually group my artboards together and put a big label above them for identification (see screenshot). I then add a "table of contents" menu…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With Aug (XD 32) release of Adobe XD, we now have added the ability to Share varied user journeys with “Multiple flows”.

Designers can now create and share multiple prototype flows in a single XD document. You can set different Home artboards to prototype flows in a document and publish various links. Check these links for more details. Hope this helps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TbbMeM650g

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/user-guide.html/ca/xd/help/whats-new/2020.ug.html#multiple-flows

6. Live preview is only on iOs.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be awesome to have a keyboard shortcut to quickly apply 0% opacity to elements.

As an example, I do this often to keep elements on the page and use them as anchor points in prototypes, despite them not being visible. #ghostbutton

Thanks for your time! :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As more and more plugins are added the the Xd ecosystem, this will quickly become an over-saturated market where distinguishing between high-quality, helpful tools and junk addons will become very difficult.

It will also become increasingly difficult to view, manage, update, and check out new plugins. I would love to see some better filtering options so I can quickly see what's new, what's trending, which of my current plugins need updates, etc. Tagging and categorizing plugins, providing popularity, feedback and ratings would also help establish a better experience for all users.

I also find many plugins so far do not…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most of the requests here are now available as of XD 24 (November 2019 release): you can rate plugins from 1-5 stars; sort by rating or popularity or updated date; and view plugins by category (tags).

Specific feedback is still directed to each plugin author rather than a commenting system within XD’s plugin listing UI — every plugin in the listing is required to have a link where you can contact their support or report bugs, though.

9. I nearly panicked tonight trying to find a file I knew I had saved after working on it all day. With XD on Win 10, the "save as" experience is no longer what 99.99% of all other programs do, and what Adobe has done for 2 decades plus.

When you "save as" in the creative cloud, typically the program you're in just opens a file explorer to save the file in whatever folder you select. Instead, you've created some "Name your document" interface that is ambiguous in it's function. If I save to cloud documents, the interface goes away and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Easiest way by far to share colors & text style across documents. Should work like symbols - update Master in Master doc, propagate changes from master to children

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be very helpful if it was possible to simply export a self-contained HTML demo from Adobe XD. This means it would export all artboards as HTML pages, with links available between them as defined in the Prototype mode into a single folder on my computer. No need for internet access, cloud access, or enterprise security accommodations... just an export to a local folder.

From there, I can decide the best means to share it with users or other stakeholders, using whatever means my company allows.

Please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice if there was a way to have multiple versions of a design living in one document. Right now we'll have a v1 wireframe and will be reviewing features for v2. I typically lock that version and then create a new file called v2 and start making changes. Would be nice if they could be linked somehow verses multiple file versions.

1,283 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In this week’s release, we introduced document history for cloud documents, which enables you to review previous saved versions of your document within a window, and label and preserve these versions in perpetuity. If you have suggestions for improvements on this experience, please do file them as separate tickets!

13. There should be an option in the panel to increase the size of the bounding box and the way it snaps to the grid and content around it. The side panel (where user enters text size) should have a way to pad and add margins on all sides of a box or only certain few. This would translate better in the design specs as well as it would get designers in the mindset of a developer more explicitly.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'd like to see extra info displayed on the Share panel. Things like when you made a new link and the likes. I constantly get asked if I've shared a link or updated a prototype and then I can't remember. Info like this will help me.

One other thing that would be nice is an indication when an update has been pushed successfully. Currently, when the update has been pushed there is no feedback visually or auditory to indicate such an action. Imagine a chime along the lines of After Effects when a render is done. The panel closed sometimes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add a shortcut for the Eyedropper. From the document listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/keyboard-shortcuts.html there doesn't seem to be one at the moment.

Thank you.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please, add functionalities to CC Libraries like:
    - change file preview: large icons view with name, details view with names and other information;
    - possibility to sort the file by name, date, last modified,....;
    - possibility to have a default or customizable background to turn on and off;

I would like to put on your attention the worst case for me: the large icons view works fine only with coloured icons, not with white icons, because of the white background (that depends on the artboards) doesn't allow to me to see a white icon, and without the names of the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Consolidation, iteration, etc would be improved by allowing wires to be copied with artboards as they are moved between documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible in Adobe XD. If you copy the selected artboards while in the Prototype mode, when you paste them, their wires and defined interactions will be retained. If you copy and paste while in Design mode, then the wires and interactions are not retained.

18. I want to be able to have the option to name my Character Styles, ex. "Heading 1" "Heading 2" "Body text" etc. and Colors "Primary", "Secondary" etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. On the design specs mode, I should be able to direct developers to where a specific asset is. Sometimes I want to attach a link to an asset (if it's common use, a logo hosted on S3 for an example), sometimes the dev needs to be able to download the asset (be it an image already scaled to 1x, 2x, etc or the code of an SVG to embed into a page) and the third case is that I need to attach some free text (for example a path on our local server or the icon code on font awesome…

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With XD’s 11.0 release (which happened moments ago), we’ve made this feature live.

You can now save time and give developers the ability to extract and download assets from Design Specs. Mark layers as assets for export and send as a Design Specs link. Developers can download all the assets in the file format they need

As always, please do let us know about what you think of this feature and feel free to log the improvements that you’d like to see in this workflow as new requests at https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests?category_id=323330

Thanks,
    Harish

20. Would it be possible to have the libraries window attach to the side panel like the other tools instead of always floating in the work space? If you minimize the app the panel stays and gets in the way. Thank you! We are loving the app so far.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 31 32