Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. enable the download of xd files direct from adobe cloud.

today you only have the option to delete

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When editing with other users, it will be easier if there was a radio button that says "Always Accept Changes" so that we don't have to accept changes every time because it's a bit distracting.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Thought that the ability to clear the recent list used to be available but not seeing it anymore in the File > Open Recent menu. If it's gone—please bring it back.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I really liked the new October 2018 update where you have Linked Symbols across multiple files, especially when you made a source file.

I would like to also have this ability for character styles as I have many websites that all need to share the same UI style guide. I often change my mind about the font size, colour, line spacing and etc.

If I had this, then making a source file that links with multiple design files will make life so much easier to manage. Without having to go to each file and update...

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

5. Accessing plugins on Windows is a minimum of 3 clicks (usually 4 since most plugins have their own sub-menu). This is very tiresome with the workflow of most plugins, which require you to rerun them anytime you want to try a different feature or change something. Mac users have a native top navigation bar, so plugins are only 1-2 clicks away for them, which is an improvement but still pretty annoying with some plugins.

The current Windows workflow for interacting with a plugin is this:
    Hamburger Menu>Plugins>"Plugin">"Plugin Option"

There are several ways this could be improved for Windows users (and…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Nothing more complected simply add Extract css from design as given in illustrator its very important other wise now day's it's simple to design in XD and very difficult to Develop application from xd assets because of no css export option in it, Please include this.

693 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the August 2019 release, we’ve enabled the ability for developers to copy css attributes from design specs links.

Thanks for the support and keep the feedback coming on how we can further deliver more value through such code snippets in XD

7. If I make derivative files from a file that was already shared as a specs link all derivatives will have the same title on the shared specs screen.

Confusing to devs and clients and a common use case when working on products.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Because text does not resize the same way objects do, it would be nice to have the option to expand text to outlines the same way Illustrator does. This would turn text into shapes and allow for resizing/shaping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible in XD. With the text object you want to convert selected, choose Object > Path > Convert to Path, or press Cmd+8 (Mac) or Ctrl+8 (Windows).

9. If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

370 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to export my designs to ProtoPie using XD on Windows 10 - just like it works with XD on Mac.

268 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. currently, you can only rename a component in list view. This should also be available in icon view

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It's frustrating to try to get plugins to work. Many have little to no support or even a guide on how to use them. A curated list of plug ins that work for most users would be helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. An extra feature for the keyboard triggers to be able to facilitate shortcut mode as well.

The feature would be able to set up 2-3 buttons as a trigger to show a new overlay or artboard. (example: Command+K, Command+Space bar or Command+Shift+E).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support for groups in the Creative Cloud Libraries panel like photoshop would be great!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I have a lot of stakeholders that need access to any given prototype. I'd like to be able to invite a user group to a private prototype so I don't have to manage individual users on a single link.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This was previously suggested but it seemed like it needed to be reposted (if not, feel free to delete this request).

Outside of maybe SVG for obviously (?) reasons, the exported file looks pixelated. The exports do not look presentable--I've been better off with screenshots but screenshots are screenshots. I would love if this request gets a second look.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After update this dialog box confuses and I find its very complicated. Please use system UI instead of this new one. Because I rename the file and when I hit enter it saves in last location without asking me.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Hello,

I love Adobe Experience Design but I something find myself overwhelmed while working (because I like to organize certain stuff in certain ways). For that I thought about a solution that may help others too.

Publishing without linking (I'm currently working on a project and I have to do changes pretty often because I have to add/replace/change pages and locations and I have to start re-linking everything a lot)
    Publish only the "checked" artboards (for example, I want to publish only the homepage and login page, but for now, in order to do that I have to link only…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Great Adobe XD for Jira is available. But only for Jira Cloud version. Does this plugin will be available for Jira Server version? It would be great !

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please provide more supported languages on Voice-Based Prototypes. I think that this is a fantastic feature.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)