Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When i'm designing with a grid and guides, I find super useful the photoshop " hide extras " shortcut.
    I would like to see it in XD ( not having to hit the preview button )

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I am proposing a thought for Adobe XD which inculcates new feature and technology of using voice as source of fast communication.

“As we can create an interactive prototype with speech in XD, it would be better if we can create our screens (wireframes, visual designs) by using human speech. Human command will work effectively and quickly than creating manually. For example, for creating a square of 50X50 with rounded corners and having stroke of 2 px with some specific color will take some 1 min of time but by using human language same task can be completed within fraction…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want to use a PC keyboard trigger in device preview using iPad. It's to create a prototype that uses touch and hard switch operation, like Nintendo's Switch.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. While sharing for development by default the design specs are in pixels, If i want the values to be in points or dp the dropdown option on the top right corner doesn't give the converted values (as per 1px = 0.75pt logic) it only changes the text from px to pt/dp value should also convert. Same goes for font.

I am using windows 10 - 64 bit.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be awesome if there was a way to allow for large captions anchored to each artboard, that would stay linked when moving/rearranging the artboard.

Maybe if the artboard title allowed for a new line to be entered (Shift + Return?), that would even help.

When I'm planning out a feature, I'll frequently add captions above each artboard in huge text with notes as to what should happen in the view. Since my captions are outside of the artboards' bounds, there's no way to link or lock them to that artboard, making it hard to keep everything together when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently if I have several ideas for the same Artboard, I have to copy and paste the artboard, usually I put all of them on top of each other, making a vertical line of versions to choose, what makes my whole screen full of garbage and unused Artboards.

I would like to suggest a Context Menu Option of the Artboard, where we can enter a "Multiple Version Mode", where the screen will only show all the versions of this particular artboard. Creating a new Artboard in this mode, will be considered as another version. We can create as many Artboards…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add corner shapes. Slanted is the most urgent as it's too basic to not already exist, but others like anti square etc would be welcomed.
    Corner radius would set the size of all or individual corners , just as for the round shape. See menu.png.

All designs are not round! This will add a lot of flexibility for shape design and allow more diversity.

Thank you.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be super amazing if somehow you can export the XD "DOM" to a production ready Svelte web app. It would truly make XD the ultimate web development app for anyone.

It could be the web counterpart of the recently announced Play for iOS

https://www.createwithplay.com

It allows you to create native iOS apps ON the device itself. It also exports into an Xcode project for further modifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  9. As I'm trying to create colour palettes and quickly apply colours to assets, I find it annoying to keep re-opening the colour wheel.

Can we have an option to pin it open?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Now code of exporting SVG files starts like this:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="32." height="32" viewBox="0 0 32.000 32.000">...

Please add line "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" befor <svg xmlns=...>
    Because lack of this string made issue with embedding SVG in content

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I have a very large list of groups, when I select a few of them at random down the list every time I select one from the bottom the panel scrolls back up to the top of the selection, so I have to scroll back down to keep going. It would be great if this worked like everything else where there is no automatic scroll back to top.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hey Adobe, may update is great, Keyboard trigger is great but…(always a "but")
    I made a prototype that i can manipulate with the arrows and i don't want the native left and right navigation to be active when i test my prototype.
    I think a little option is missing in a general project parameters.

Thank you !

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Whether we create an animation in XD we perhaps might wish to refine in AE, or work in AE to make an animation(s) for XD, I would like to be able to round-trip that within the Adobe ecosystem. Bonus points if we can make micro-interactions or IFTTT types of interactivity, which would activate the branching JSON file animations; perhaps connected as nodes. Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. When you're at work and you're done for the day.

Then the program closes (picture: Adobe-XD_now).

When restarting the program you are asked: do you want to go back to the last position? (picture: Adobe-XD_restart)

If yes: go to the view where the program was closed (picture: Adobe-XD_now).

If no: the view does not change.

The advantage is: you still know where you have worked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would also be enormously helpful if I could choose a different background colour for my asset library.

we are building a dark mode and all the assets are white - so currently I cannot see what anything is at all

(Moved to another thread: When in Developer handoff - It would be nice to be able to click on a component and see all of the asset it contains in all of its states.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m repurposing this to be about the background color, as UserVoice works best when you only have one suggestion per ticket. There’s another suggestion about showing component states in design specs, so I’d suggest that you upvote that one! Thanks!

16. For animations, it would be very helpful to allow for multiple rotations so I'm not limited a single 359-degree rotation. This will allow for much simpler loading style animations which currently I have to do some trickery to make it look like it is spinning more than once.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would love to be able to swap the hover state to the default state rather than having to redo both states if I want to swap the two. This would save time on more complex build outs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Situation:
    I create a component to represent a live video chat head in a group chat app. I will use a static image for the prototype. The chat head will have several states, including hover, selected, muted, etc. I need to create 30 of these. After I built the component with all the states, I created a repeating grid of them so that I can drag my 30 photos into the components.

Problem 1:
    The drag fails to propagate the photos to the other 29 instances in the grid... it only puts one photo into the drag targeted instance

Why…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Without fail there is always an interaction or need that isn't in the software. Plugins allow custom code during development. Allow a custom code component to run during the prototype state so I can add features that XD lacks. Like a scrollbar component that scrolls dynamically when users are viewing the published shared content to better simulate a true experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enter a custom JIRA Filter ID either in the XD Plugin interface or the JIRA App Management.

This would populate the Filter by drop down in the JIRA XD Plugin interface.

Benefit: Leverage JIRAs powerful filtering to group Stories that need design and allows design teams to see the same group of Issues being worked on.

Note: For shared XD projects/boards.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)