Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. Since I am use to working in InDesign it kinda annoys me that I havn't got the same opportunities to shaping my text in different styles (not talking about font) as it it's possible in InDesign. Would be awesome if more of the general features from InDesign were implemented for instant am I at the mount trying to figurer out if it is possible to make some kind of hyperlink. (Beside that really awesome program you guys are making her differently gonna use it in the feature :D )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks for your feedback! If you’re interested in text styles, we do have specific text style features that we’re tracking separately, so I’d encourage you to search for those specifically (for instance, underline text or superscript) and upvote on those.

Regarding hyperlink, you can use Share to get a link to your shared prototype. https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/share-designs-and-prototypes.html

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

2. Every time I import an image into XD, whether it's the same image over and over, or different images, the (x, y) location changes each and every time. Even if I have something selected, the image will still import to a random location.

I feel that items should import to (0, 0) so they can be found. This especially is needed for small images. However, there is also no indication of where (0, 0) is in the file, so some sort of grid or (0, 0) acknowledgement is needed in order for this to work properly.

I have noticed that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Basically create the same features as axure but easier to use. more animation, input fields, dynamic panels, button hover states, etc.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think everything listed here is covered by other feature requests already. Please upvote these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

4. Bravo pour ce super soft ;) Il ne manque pas grand chose pour qu'il soit top. En particulier 2 choses font cruellement défaut : les grilles de composition ("disposition des repères" dans photoshop) et un outil texte plus riche (mettre la police en capitale, des marges dans les blocs, ...).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! I think both topics you’ve mentioned here are covered by other feature requests already. Please add your vote to these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

5. Reset ROUND Corners

once you draw round corners and set that text/picture box, then extend/stretch the box, the corners look absurdly distorted/disproportionate/oblong or no longer round, so XD should allow to reset corner points please! thanks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I sent out information about three months ago about the difference between path radius and rectangle radius. If you’re looking for an improvement, please do feel free to file another story on this if you’d like to see different behavior.

Thanks,

-Elaine

6. As almost all apps have some popup message, it would be nice ot add an example to UI kit.

I have attached an example.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ・widthやheightに計算式を入力できるようにしてほしいです。(例:320-16)
    ・テキストボックスをつくれるようにしてほしいです。
    ・Sketchのsymbol機能がほしいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I noticed that I like to design big chunks of an app in one file.

Therefor, It'd be helpful if it were possible to select a couple of artboards to preview, instead of previewing the whole app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. i'm working on an app. we have started to do the android version first.
    at this moment when i share the link and view the prototype on my iPhone and it work well, a bitt heavy ( a few seconds to view it correctly )by you can get the idea.
    on Android same link it is a different story: it shows only on galaxy S6 again upload very very slower then the iPhone but at the end it uploads. same link on Galaxy S4/ meizo note m2 doesnt work at all.
    i think it is very important to be able…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Gradient and More depth in Prototyping with extensive animations
    like Flinto app

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like to see a single feature in each request in order to be able to best aggregate votes! We already have both of these requests in the database, so please upvote the following:

Gradients: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12925683-add-gradients-to-appearance-panel

MIcrointeractions: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animation-support-microinteractions

Thanks!

-Elaine

11. I wish XD was more like UXPin

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re really looking for individual features you think would make XD a better product. Are there specific features you like from UXPin that you think you’re missing? Please let us know which ones you think are the most useful!

-Elaine

12. 1) My company is adamantly against allowing us use any tool to show intellectual property on the web, so I second the ideas to be able to export to a PDF. In order to use it for wire framing and prototyping purposes it would need to be a clickable/interactive PDF. The ability to pick and choose what we show would be helpful.

2) Love the previewing and recording, however it'd be more multi-function if, when previewing, you could gray-out the background - or alternatively allow recording the artboard in full screen mode.

3) Record Audio. Face would be awesome too,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Think about it - Xd+Dw, Mu, Ps, etc. I am not talking about all in one (Although, that would be extremely awesome!). In Comp, we have the ability to "Send to InDesign." We should be able to, by the click of a button, send a project (with all layers editable) to other programs that have the ability build websites, UI's, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The model for layout programs is to use layout boxes that you import assets into whether text or pictures. This what makes layout programs like indesign so flexible and powerful.

Mask with shape is absolutely the wrong approach.

Adobe has had the worlds best layout and design program in indesign for more than a decade now. The XD team seriously need to start paying attention to how things are done in indesign if they want to create a great product. Just because XD is for the digital workspace does not mean that the principals of what make a great layout…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Like Xd to the Flinto app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I've noticed that Adobe is trying to use more custom UI elements in it's products which I actually find make them harder - not easier - to use. Products like Sketch have found a real following by using the UI elements and paradigms provided by the operating system. I think XD should use more of the OS UI so that it would feel like other apps that I use and be able to have updated UI styles as the OS is updated over time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The requests that have been in the comments thread are all related to existing stories in UserVoice. I’m marking this one as Action Required in order to close it out.

As noted in other comments in this thread, here are the existing stories you can upvote:

Thanks!

-Elaine

18. Every design options Sketch has (style, gradient, type,etc)
    Every Prototype options InVision has (gestures, links, etc, etc,etc
    Every Animation possibilities Principle has
    Every Animation possibilities InVision/Motion will have
    Every prototype options InVision/Silver flow will have.

Then you can start using the word "revolutionize"
    Because right now their is no way we can switch to that tool !!

I don't want to be rude, I'm sure its a great deal of work, but the promise was that it would be a one-time tool and it is far far far from that...

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

action-required  ·  Demian Borba responded

Thanks again for the honest feedback! If XD does not make sense to you, it’s totally ok to use the tools that make sense to your workflow. Hopefully, we will do a good job, deliver value with our monthly releases, and one day you can start using it for real work.

If you’d like to track the progress in the different areas you highlighted above, could you please break them down in separate feature requests? It would be more useful for you to get updates on the progress of each feature request, separately.

Thanks a lot.

19. What is also crucial whenever a new platform comes is a transition to that platform. What if I have 100+ files in .psd or .ai or .sketch and I really like the new XD platform. That's almost 100% chance. For now, no platform have at least average solution for that. I have files in .ai but I want my team to migrate to .psd or .sketch... and it's time consuming mechanistic manual monkey job.

It would be great and ease the transition if XD will have:
    – Import to XD from .psd, .ai, .sketch with all the artboards
    – Import…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are several different requests here, and I think a bunch of them are already tracked as their own individual suggestions:

Please upvote any of those that you need, so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

You can already bring content into XD from all three of these tools by copy-pasting individual elements/layers. Some of the issues listed in the original request here seem to be related to poor fidelity or other problems when importing content this way. If you’re hitting issues like that, could you please file a new UserVoice bug report with as much detail as possible? Ideally, please share screenshots or even an actual AI/PSD/Sketch file that shows the problem.

Thanks!

20. hi Adobe-Team!
    Great tool so far but there is room for more basic tools.
    - Rulers
    - move a pic in a frame (better crop tool)
    - more options at the text-tool (line hight, different text stlyes in one block)
    - bullet lists (styleable bullets)
    - stylesheets for different objects, text, ...

Thank you for your great work!
    greetings - chris

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hopefully you’ve seen a lot more improvements since we launched our first Preview, especially for typographic features!

I’m marking this as action-required, as we’d like for suggestions to be granular so that we can better aggregate them together. Please do upvote or file separate issues. Here are some suggestions:

Rulers: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160699
    Image repositioning within masks: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930303
    Typographic improvements: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12927885

Thanks for your feedback, and hope to hear from you soon!

-Elaine