Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restart animation in preview mode

I'd like to be able to restart an animation without leaving Preview mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Artboard preview desktop shortcut key

Artboard preview desktop shortcut key

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Drag handle for corner radius should work for single corner when in "4 values" mode

In the sidebar you can toggle between changing a corner radius for all 4 corners at once, or to specifying the 4 values separately.

Additionally, on a rectangle itself, there is a dot in each corner that allows you to change the corner radius.

When in single-value mode, dragging a dot changes all corner radii. I would expect then that when you're in "4 value" mode in the sidebar, that dragging a single dot only affects that corner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Resolved/Unresolved comments in same view

I may be delusional, but I think I remember this being the way it was originally, but.... I would like a way to see Resolved and Unresolved comments in the same view, with the pins being different colors on the page. Three filters: "Resolved", "Unresolved", "ALL". As it is right now, I can only see either Resolved or Unresolved comments on a page.

Thank you for such a great product! It has really helped our collaboration tremendously.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Drag, drop and scroll into PDF

Drag and drop, and scroll down into page of the PDF if they are several page.

thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Prototype

Trigger Action Send to Back Page Option - We can have the procedure to "Send to Back Page" option, when linking single page from multiple pages or links, it can help designer to create presentable flow when there are multiple scenarios involved, I hope you understand and provide solution...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hover, blending modes and rulers

HOVER!! we need hover, blending mode and rulers, please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe XD missing features

Two things I'm really missing in the ADOBE XD program:
    º block text
    º crop images

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BRING BACK THE OLD COPY INTERACTIONS

Pleasseeee PLEEEAAAASSSEEE.... bring back the copy of interactions while being on prototype mode.... after the last update, I have to copy and paste every interaction separately instead of just copying the whole group of objects with their interactions... it has made my work a loooot harder.... please!! thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Home Screen

The Home Screen really is of little use if it's not customisable..

* Why is "Explore the basics." present after extensive use? Should it not be dismissible?
    * The preset list does not remember the last choice. If I am constantly selecting iPone 6 Plus, why does it always fallback to iPhone X?
    * The same goes for Custom Size. If you cant save presets, at least maybe it could remember the last value?
    * Under "Your Work" why is there no Creative Cloud Files?
    * Should be able to drag a folder there for quick access to your Projects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Common Interactions in digital products

Simple interactions which are commonplace in almost all apps / digital products yet cannot be communicated through current design tools.
    Here’s a brief list:

Hovering a button
    Focusing an input
    Checking a checkbox
    Tabbed content
    Scroll areas
    Tab index for focused states
    Keyboard shortcuts

source:
    https://medium.freecodecamp.org/design-tools-are-running-out-of-track-94f21b6ae939

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you have individual suggestions separated out into different tickets. The good news is most of these are already in the system and are waiting for your upvote. For instance:

12. Dragging text file into repeat grid with central Europe fonts not working properly

When distributing text with central Europe fonts (áéíóú...) to the text grid, the final text is missing these fonts and give "?" instead. I have tried all possible settings. What I do wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Over Flow plugins

Hi i just wanted to ask when the overflow plugin is going launch for Microsoft

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Drop Shadow Effect

Drop shadow effect on objects like buttons. This are fundamental when trying to achieve Material Design effects like showing elevation on objects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Layout mit domain verbinden

kann ich mit Adobe XD webdesignen und mein design mit einer domain auf einem server veröffnetlichen oder dient das programm nur zu vorschauzwecken ?

LG,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, XD is only for prototyping and not for generating actual websites. If you’re interested in generating websites, you should upvote this story:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13057005

Leider ist XD nur für das Prototyping und nicht für die Generierung von Websites gedacht. Wenn Sie daran interessiert sind, Websites zu erstellen, sollten Sie diese Geschichte aufgreifen: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13057005

Diese Nachricht wurde maschinell übersetzt.

16. Multiple photos in one mask

It would be great to be able to put more than one image in a mask that you can turn on and off to show design options or to get the best photo for the layout. Currently you can only have one and once you drop in a different photo then the first one is gone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Simply make XD full Adobe CC ecosystem friendly...

Well... after trying many times XD and giving up frustrated after every try, I’ve reached some thoughts about why its still unusable for my “particular” user experience:

1. I’ve been doing user interface mock-ups with Illustrator for at least a decade, so my skills are focused on be productive with it and import image assets from Photoshop when needed. Then, I haven’t time to face a learn curve on a new design tool. I want to keep using Illustrator.

2. Being an Adobe CC long time user, I’ve grown with a deep understanding of Adobe CC ecosystem. Each program cooperates…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More text editing tools

Can you add more text editing tools to XD? Like all the ones available in InDesign. Ability to superscript and subscript type. Stylesheets, ability to automate formatting type, etc...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Supported spanish on Voice-Based Prototypes

Please provide spanish supported on voice based prototypes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shortcut on Replace, on Eyedropper+

Hey,

1. when you are about to create a new document with custom size on the startup screen, you enter the width in .px and when you press 'Tab' you can't move to the height field
    2 please add an eyedropper shortcut
    3. on mac, when you are about to export a design, and the pop-up dialog appears, the 'command+R for example shortcut doesn't work :-)

thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base