Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export to JPEG @2x (JPG)

The title says it. Since the original request for "Export to JPG" (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12942069-export-to-jpg) was completed, though not fully, I'm adding this request to add exporting of JPEG @2x resolution.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Design Standards for each file

With a consistent design system, I have mapped all the standards we need to use on each project. With that, on XD I'm not able to set those as standards on a file so for an example, each different text element created need to be changed from the standard XD font to the one in my design system.

With that, we would be able not only to document the general standards for the dev team but also would allow us to keep the standards tightly without the chance of forgetting to change something That could work for:

• Standard font (family,…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve introduced linked assets, which will enable you to link your entire assets panel from another document. You should be able to define things in one location and reuse them.

If you’re looking for something different, please feel free to file a new ticket!

3. Highlight related symbol when an instance is selected

As a designer (working in a complex document) when I select an item on an artboard, if it happens to be a symbol (if Symbol Library panel is open), I would like the corresponding symbol in the Symbol Library to be highlighted. This will help me to locate it so I can name or delete it from the library. Then, if I selected every artboard on a document it would highlight all of the used symbols in the Symbol Library. This would help me to identify any unused symbols - for deletion/cleanup.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Resize artboard

Every now and then I find myself juggling with layout settings as soon as I change the width of an existing artboard and want the layout to stay the same.
    Especially when designing for the web.
    Suppose I have a design made on a canvas with a width of 1280. The design is vertically centerd on the artboard. When I change the width of the canvas to say 1500, the design doesn't stay in the center, but positions itself relative to the upper left corner. And the Grid Layout adapts to the new width, meaning that column width and gutter…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show grids for all artboards (without artboard selection)

Please allow to show/ hide grids without clicking on the art-board first.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Windows] Symbols

I'd like to be able to create, use, and manage symbols using a symbols panel on Windows.

198 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2,346 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

313 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As you’ve probably noticed, we’ve delivered Layout Grids in the November release of XD. We’d love specific feedback on Layout Grids as we continue to grow, so I’m closing this feature request. If you have specific additional functionality you’d like to see in the Layout Grid feature, please do file it as a new feature request in the Design feature area!

Thanks,

-Elaine

8. Pen and touch support in windows 10

Currently it's not possible at all to work with Experience Design using touch or pen input on Windows 10. Please improve that.

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Name color favorites/swatches

I'd like the ability to assign names to saved colors in my document's color palette library (the color picker "favorites" list).

This makes it easier to identify the correct color to use when my palette contains multiple similar colors.

This may also be useful for future features like making document-wide color changes (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869085-global-style-color-edits).

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Responsive artboards / adaptive layout constraints for resizing

Similar to Edge Reflow, it would be great to have the ability to prototype responsive design ideas with a fluid, flexible canvas. Web designers need a good tool for this there really isn't anything out there to test out responsive design solutions.

2,337 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

137 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

With last week’s update of XD, we introduced Responsive Resize – a way to easily resize your elements as you adapt them to different screen sizes. This should massively speed up your workflow.

Download the latest version of XD to give it a try, and check out a 3 min overview of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKvg8_8jv10&t=2s

Look forward to hearing what you think!

Hoyle

11. [Windows] Layers panel

I'd like a contextual layers panel like the one we have on the Mac version of XD.

194 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Drag and drop in the layers panel is now available for Windows! Download the June release of XD today for the complete layers panel experience.

If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

12. 2,236 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

174 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re so excited to announce that overlays are now available in our June release! With this feature, you can set any artboard as the overlay target of another artboard and visually place it in the right place in the viewport. Please do let us know what improvements you’d like to see in this feature as individual tickets in UserVoice – we’re listening!

To learn more about overlays: https://youtu.be/3fWBkV5S6U4

-Elaine

13. Global Style/Color Edits

Provide the ability to change multiple objects/elements within a document and/or across artboards.

Example: Ability to increase font size within a button across all artboards (without multi-select)
    This is similar to increasing font size within a repeatable grid—all increase.

Another example: replace/swap a theme color throughout the document.

2,403 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi XD Community,

I’m glad to announce that you could do global character style or color edits in XD through the assets panel. Just add your colors and character styles to the assets panel, and once you edit any of the color / character style properties in the assets panel, those edits will propagate to all objects or symbols that inherit those properties.

ProTip – Color Merging in the assets panel: you could also merge colors in the assets panel by copying the Hex value of one color and pasting it into another. All objects or symbols that have the old color will automatically inherit the new merged color.

To learn more about managing your colors and character styles in XD’s assets panel, please check the following resources:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu5khe2H2-c
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/assets-symbols.html

If you have any feedback or suggestions around how to improve this feature and other assets panel features, please create…

14. Generate specs / measurements / style guide for developers

What definitely needed in the Design community is to ease the design-development delivery-review phase. To unload both of the sides.

A lot of different platforms, tools, plugins were meant to do that and none of them is fully unloading and simplifying that process.

PNG Express, Specking, Avocode, Markly, Zeplin, Craft, Marketch etc...

I believe there is a need in having some specifications delivery service, styleguide generating service.

Specs:
    + Measuring distance from text line height (because that's how developers do), not font size.
    + Ability to adjust the UI on the go with automatic sepcs changing
    + Ability to select…

1,816 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

274 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re pleased to announce that our Design Specs feature is now available as a Beta in our November release. You can read more about it on our announcement blog post here: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/november-update-of-adobe-xd/

The Design Specs feature is just the first step for us in this space, and we’re looking for your feedback on the feature. In order to focus on the feedback, we’ve created a new feature area that you can target when you file new ideas: 09 Design Specs. Please remember that you should file one idea per submission, so that we can better aggregate your feedback.

15. Update design spec when publishing prototype

Use case:
    Developer asked me for a link for specs, and when I gave it to him he found out that screens differ from prototype. It was because I forgot to update both links.

Proposed Solution:
    Enable automatic update whenever prototype is updated, via some kind of toggle button/ checkbox.

My thoughts on problem:
    Since I cannot directly edit specs link, it makes sense to update it only when I edit current state of prototype - the prototype is current, valid state of app. Therefore it makes sense to give us some kind of automatization for this process.

Thanks, you're…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export Measurements for Developers

Now that Adobe XD allows designers to measure all their elements. There's still the problem of having to deliver the design to the developers. They always require a spec sheet with the measurements. They don't want to download Adobe XD because they think it's hard to use, and would rather have a PDF opened instead.

It would be great to have a feature where I can have the measurements present itself on the page when I export to PDF, instead of having to manually type in the measurements as well as drawing the lines between the elements of my app…

738 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve released the Design Specs feature in our November release this week as a Beta. You can now publish a Design Spec directly from XD, and your developer can get measurements of objects by selecting the object from the detail view of the screen. We’re working on additional functionality for this feature and are looking for feedback, so please try it out and file new feature requests in this area against the Design Specs feature area.

Thanks,

-Elaine

17. Underline text

You can easily make text bold or italic in XD, but not underlined. There should be an Underline style or toggle button for creating designs with links, etc.

1,065 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now underline text in the December release of Adobe XD. If you’re interested in improvements to the underline feature (like adjusting the distance between the underline and the baseline), please do feel free to file that as a separate ticket!

-Elaine

18. Comment inbox in web prototype

I would like to have an inbox with all the new comments listed and each one linking to the appropriate page/screen.

Right now you have to go through each page to see if there is a comment or not. This is tedious if you're using XD as a client review tool.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Import into assets panel

hello team,
    while importing assets it should not be directly load into art board . but instead first it load on assets kind of tab at top most bar of XD. when click on that it should toggle our imported assets and we drag them out whichever we want onto the artboard for project. not at once i mean.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Windows] Paste from Illustrator

I'd like to be able to paste a vector object from Illustrator to XD.

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base