Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. When you are working with many different fonts it's handy to name them to keep check of what you are working with. However when uploading the design specs to hand over to the developer, it lists the font styles WITHOUT the custom names.

Please can you upload the style names too?

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I know it’s not the primary usage for XD, but I was designing a little poster for a client in A4 and they suddenly changed their mind and wanted A3. I always export higher resolution, not just in print (using web export, which gives both 1x and 2x). So, since I wanted to have A3@2x, I had to manually copy the content and scale it up to a bigger art board. Thankfully there weren’t many changes in the poster after this but it got me thinking - it’d be neat if I could just export 4x of what I had…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all!

Happy to let you know that starting with XD 45 you can export assets at 4x!
    And 5x! And 6x! And to any other custom value you wish between 0.1x and 10x!
    Let us know your feedback.

Happy exporting!
    Corina Murgila

3. It would be great if users can click on the co-editor's icon on the top right and be brought to the screen that the co-editor is working on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. XD insists on saving my documents to Cloud Documents by default all the time. I haven't made such a decision and there's' no way of changing the default. I wanna save to "Your Computer" all the time. I really miss a "Remember this choice" option. Please stop making decisions on my behalf Adobe.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The new padding feature is cool, but a little too limited. I’d like for it to be able to adjust padding for the outside of groups/components in order to help with building design systems.

For example, when I build a website, a page is often made up of smaller sections (components). I would like to be able to define margin on those components so that each one has an even amount of spacing between the next. That way if I update the height of any of those components or change content that affects its size, components around that one will…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need to share Adobe XD assets library to other CC users. Not only Illustrator CC libraries, but XD colors/fonts/symbols lybraries. It's a must!

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

7. Please update the Apple iOS resource here:

https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/ to the latest version of iOS.

221 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest iOS12 XD UI Kit is now available on the Apple website and is reachable through the links within XD, on the start screen and the “Get UI kits” menu item. Thank you for your votes and patience as we worked through the issue.

8. I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold". For tooltip, dropdown menus, and other interactive elements, overlays are awesome. However, in doing responsive design work for enterprise applications, there are many instances where a dropdown or tooltip will appear below the fold.

210 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of MAX of this year, we’ve enabled component states, which will give you the flexibility you need to be able to create flyouts, dropdowns, and other interactive elements that will be contextual to its placement on the artboard. Check it out on letsxd.com!

9. The new responsive resize function seems pretty great, but it would take it to the next level for me if I could use it with symbols. This would make form fields and components super easy!

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

10. I would like the ability to move an overlay through it's own transitions without impacting the underlying area.

For example, let's say you have a button that says Help.
    Click Help
    Overlay slides in with message box, asks a question.
    User clicks Yes. Msgbox transitions to a new box, but underlying background (not part of the transition) remains.

I have a problem like this where I have a drawer a user can expand over the contents to activate slides and switches. Problem is, once you start trying to use that toolbox, the background is lost.

Overlays seem to only be…

228 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We introduced the concept of component states, which can be used with overlays to enable the type of interaction you’re looking for. Definitely check it out on letsxd.com, and please feel free to file a separate ticket if you still need overlay states with the new functionality.

11. Sharing presets are great, but not optimal yet.

Consider such a use case:
    - Your prototype is shared for user testing. This way, the users can access the artboards which are linked to the prototype root artboard (great) or to all artboards (not great).
    - From this XD file, the designer may also share specific artboards for developers. In such case, the need is pretty the opposite. Getting access to the prootype is not really necessary, but access to components specs is a must.

So, I think the sharing presets should include the list of shared artboards, which of course…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to export my designs to Zeplin using XD on Windows 10 - just like it works with XD on Mac.

481 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Possibilities of use lottiefiles (json files) on design and prototype modes with micro interactions and animations.

Lottie

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone!

I’m excited to share that importing Lottie JSON is now supported in XD 45 (released on 10/26). You can drag and drop Lottie JSON directly into the canvas and control when it plays back or whether it loops. In addition, we have partnered with the LottieFiles team and are also introducing a plugin to find Lottie animations more easily. Go get it!

14. Currently the stroke width is animated with auto-animate,
    would be cool also to get the "Trim Paths"-style (After Effects) stroke
    length animation for creating animations for outlined illustrations.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Stroke dash and gap values can now be animated as of today’s release! If you don’t see the update immediately, you can go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, select Updates, the … button in the upper right, and “Check for updates.”

15. Please provide an option to disable swiping between artboards during the Live Preview on the Adobe XD iOS app. I want testers on the mobile app to only be able to navigate using the interactions I've authored. Them being able to swipe at any time prevents me from getting a valid test out of them.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

Thanks for sharing your feedback. With 17.0, you can now disable swiping on mobile prototypes in the overlay menu!

16. I need to expand the bounds of a component while retaining the size of the content. This is helpful when changing the position of button prompts from inside to outside of the modal space.

When I try to resize the component it resizes the content inside, even when Responsive Resize is disabled.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 893 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently overflow text shows up as a filled blue circle. this is not a clear indicator when looking for errors. i believe making this at the least red will have a better impact. if it could also be a plus sign perhaps to indicate there is "more" below, similar to indesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. select more than one doc to open: i need to open multiple files, só i do this one by one!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. when you highlight a color on the canvas from the assets panel it does not highlight color when it is used as a border. I would expect to see the color highlighted regardless of it being a fill or border, is this a bug?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)