Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Please add the ability to search the canvas for exact matches of a master component to turn into instances.

Scenario: you’ve created an element (button, icon, whatever) and forgot to make it a component. Before long... you have 30 of them scattered around and want to make an adjustment. Oops!

It’d be nice if you could turn one into a master component, then have the option to search the canvas for identical elements to turn into instances of that component.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It's annoying to manually change each overlay artboard's default interaction from 'previous artboard' to 'none'.

I found myself in many situations, where I either wanted to disable it completely, or wanted to point to a specific artboard.

As of now artboard interaction works on entire artboard, as if overlaid on each element. For interaction and review purposes, I want to mostly use an X button, or force users to use OK/Cancel buttons that I provide. In mobile situations this is more prominent. In mobile prototypes it's even more annoying because an accidental tap can close a full-screen overlay, which doesn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would love to see a plugin to add Default Audio Clips for Audio Playback feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  4. sometimes you copy and paste symbols from different files, it would be good to highlight the duplicate symbols, with an option to merge them all somehow or delete the extra ones.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. User should be able to use a soft return (shift+return) to break a line of text without adding paragraph spacing .

306 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Maybe it's just me, but I find it super annoying to have to hit "Enter" to rename my layers. Once I've double-clicked (or right-clicked > Rename) as soon as I am in that state, whatever I type should overwrite whatever was there and remain that way, whether I click on the artboard next, or another layer, etc.. I should not have to make my change and then hit 'Enter' and I definitely should not see my newly entered layer name revert because I clicked on something besides the 'Enter' key on my keyboard.

It seems like a small thing until…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi, dear XD Development Team

With the current feature, once you set the Xbox input, you can only operate it with the Xbox controller.
    In the case of multi-platform development, the
    You have to do the same thing again with the PS4 controller.
    I would like to request that the function be improved so that this effort can be avoided.

Also, please support the Nintendo Switch.

When it comes to game controller input, there is also the issue of cursor movement.
    For example, if you want to enter a character with the controller, you have to have an artboard with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When opening a library file it would be good to have the folders collapsed or have a choice of collapsing all at once. Otherwise its complete overwhelming as a starting point.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. In Axure you set your library up as a file on its own. You edit the elements there and they are available to use on any file when you open it. Can we have libraries setup like this.
    - It woud then make it a lot easier to edit elements rather than deleteing from the library and readding them.
    - all assets could be linked to a library instead of tied to a document where they were created making it much easier to manage assets in once place than figuring out which linked asset was in which file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be nice to have an area that you could have exportable code like html and css. Also allowing you to add in any related custom code for a particular element that you click on in the dev spec.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please return the ability to nudge components with the arrow key *while viewing the pixel distance indicator simultaneously during movement.

After the October 2019 update, users can no longer press alt+arrow key to nudge AND view the pink pixel distance indicator at the same time. The distance indicator only appears when tapping alt but not arrow (only on a static component).

In the past, after I selected a component, then hovered my cursor over a different nearby component, I could hold alt to see the distance indicator between the 2. As I nudged the selected component with the arrow keys,…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. XD is kind of a dead end in the development pipeline. This is because there isn't a good way to get usable, lossless assets out of XD and into Illustrator or Photoshop with correct appearances. What that means is I need to hold the implementer's hand so my comp doesn't get ravaged in its conversion and execution. I also have to do the same work twice, by hand-converting appearances from XD to PS or ILLU.

There are sufficient values that get lost in the conversion that it's neigh unusable. Here are a few I've observed:

• Alpha (stored in the color…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to prioritize my and others' feedback. It is easy to fix based on priority. Currently, they are numbered in the pinning order, but apart from that, I would like to have the ability to prioritize fixes. I really like the feedback feature, so I hope it will be easier to use in the future.

自分および他人のフィードバックに優先順位を付けたい
    自分および他人のフィードバックに優先順位を付けたいです。優先順位に基づいて修正しやすいためです。現在は、ピン留め順に番号がふられていますが、それとは別に修正の優先順位をつける機能が欲しいです。フィードバック機能はとても気に入ってるので、今後より使いやすくなるの期待しています。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I have a personal Adobe account and access to a company Adobe account. However, I only have one computer, and I do not plan on buying a second mac just to facilitate 2 Adobe accounts.

This leaves me with following problem: I have to sign in/out all the time to view my different projects. This is extremely inconvenient and wastes time unnecessarily.

Please let users be signed in to multiple accounts simultaneously, so that work flow isn't constantly disrupted.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  15. Show comments in chronological order from earliest to latest so that the pin annotations will show up as 1, 2, 3, etc instead of 3, 2, 1.

Or at least add a sort feature.

During design review presentations, I would use this link to show my work and would use the pins to tell a story on what my audience should look at.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I'm arranging several windows next to each other on my screen, or decreasing the window size for any other good reason, I can't see the full file name anymore. There's still ample space to show it, but the bar clearly prioritises a lot of empty space over informational clarity...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. You know how sometimes you take pieces off of your artboard and put them 'aside' for later? When you duplicate an artboard those areas that hold design items (like texts, icons, boxes) should be considered occupied so you don't end up duplicating an artboard and have those spare parts now part of it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Having the ability to show the client the ideal user flow would be helpful. It would be great to have annotations that are separate from comments in the design review link. Even something as simple as having each commenter have a different color pin.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. (ungroup image and shape for dragged images)

If you place an image into a shape (by drag and drop from a folder), you can't afterwards ungroup it as you do with Mask with shape. It's painful when you want to just get rid of the frame to use the image at original size and proportions!
    Please add this option

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scenario:

I have a group of objects, on top of that group is a transparent image; I'm using it as a guide. I would like to be able to select an object in the group behind the image.

Current behavior and notes:

This may seem like a crazy notion, because another object is cover the group completely, but it seems that if I select an object from that group u sing the side left panel, that object shows to be actively selected, with the blue rectangle, but the moment I touch that object with the mouse, the topmost image takes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)