Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. A very common scenario where I am trying to align an icon to thr right of the screen with a padding like the one I used on the left of the screen. Wouldn't it be cool if XD suggests "Hey you used 16px to align your header to the left of the art board/object would you like to keep icon also to 16px from the right?'

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I don't ever want to group a shape object with text, wire basic hover/selected states and call it a button; a library of basic UI components like buttons, menus, text/password fields, drop-downs, v/h scroll areas, etc need to come standard in Xd!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When designing components in XD, I create components with placeholder content.

Example: I Have a widget with a title 'Expenses' and placeholder content '$X,XXX.XX'. I do this because I have a variety of screens with the widget that has different values in the placeholder content. Ex: '$9,473.56' or '$7,120.58'.

Whenever I change the master component to update the design, all the instances of placeholder content I created are reverted back to '$X,XXX.XX'.

I need a way to to keep certain texts fields in components from changing when updating components.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. XD currently pretty well handles responsive resizing of elements. Why not make it available for the whole artboard?

You would be able to set an artboard as responsive, so on preview/developer view, the artboard width can be changed and all elements placed on this artboard will be scaled up or down accordingly (including the grid - but to do this, there must be an option to define a grid with percentage values).

Placing elements on your artboard, you can also define their width as a percentage of the column width, or multiple column width.

You can also define breakpoints. Then…

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When designing a feature, it is many times necessary to jump around the canvas from one art board to another. Many times those boards are physically far away in the canvas, requiring tedious zooming up and down to locate and view them.

Now, it would be really nice if one could leave placeholder tags around the canvas in those places that are relevant for the feature you are now working on. Then, using some kb command (like Alt + Q, like in Quick), you could cycle the current view between those canvas places, keeping the same zoom level.

Alt +…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The distance between objects hotkey is amazing, but very often hard to read, due to the overlap of other objects or background colors. I've attached two examples where the distance between objects is very hard to see.

Putting the measurement in a box would make sure it is always easy to read

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi there,

it would be great to have the option to add in any 'Character style' text background color, padding, border, and margin and then have the possibility to apply them to any inline text element.

Cheers and thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show the component states in the Touch Bar when that specific component is selected. It's nice to be able to hit esc to return to the default component but you still need to mouse over and click on the next state you want to edit it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I touch a corner the spot for rotate and resize are so close that when my mouse lags just a mili second I rotate the whole element instead of scaling it. I would see some space between the area where the rotation-arrows appear so there is a better differentiation and a more robust use of both tools when selecting and scaling an object.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. My feature request would be to allow a user the ability to drag-and-drop layers into a Master Component.Currently you can't drag-and-drop layers into a Master Component. My use case would be: I begin a design in XD and have multiple screens/artboards, then a week goes by and my designer has the branding logo ready for me to add. I now have to ungroup my master component, regroup, "Make Component" again, and then re-duplicate it across all my artboards

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to adjust the smoothness of the rounded corners. (Similar to how the iOS app icon looks like)

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Abilty to have dividers or grouping of folders in the library file. Currently I have a lot of groups of things in one long list i have created folders just as dividers so i can better group folders of content but having built it dividers would solve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. I have the choice of two nasally Australians, I'm in New Zealand. If you're limiting the voices to the region setting least let it be accurate. Its like grouping the US with Canada. :)

What if the client I'm sending the prototype to isn't the same nationality?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the voice service we use to support voice playback within XD. The selection of accents is based on your system’s regional settings, so you can already choose between some different accents between the same language, but unfortunately, we’re limited by what the service provides to us. I’ll leave this open for now, but it’s not something we control, unfortunately!

14. A way to set a link (prototype and/or design specs) as "share within my organization", so anyone with the link and with an email within my enterprise domain can access the link.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. to share interactive prototype on Medium and other platform where iframe is not an option. Very needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  16. Baseliner - Spacing Issue while using text/ typography in XD

Require baseliner plugin its a crome extension.
    This helps while designing since XD has some weird / dramatic bounding box while using text / typography.

Main issue is spacing. Due to that bounding box around text take so much of space that it becomes difficult for developer to avail exact values from XD File.

What's the point of having developer link if your spacing ain't correct due to bounding box.

It's pointless to grab each text box & manually match the spacing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  17. Dislocation when jumping to width and height in proportion

When the layer is "Path", regardless of whether "Responsive Layout" is checked or not, the proportional scaling is normal.
    When the layer is "Group", the "Responsive Layout" is checked by default, and the position is misaligned when the height is adjusted in proportion. Turn off "Responsive Layout" and the scaling is normal.
    Hope to improve! !

等比例跳转宽高时错位
    1. 当图层为“路径”时,无论是否勾选“响应式布局”,等比例缩放正常。
    2. 当图层为“组”,默认勾选“响应式布局”,调整等比例高度时错位。关闭“响应式布局”比例缩放正常。
    望改进!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display linked list of Artboards on XD's Share view. Click a link jump to that specific Artboard's prototype screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A frequent flow is to edit master (ctrl+shift+k) and then zoom out, find the instance I was working on, zoom in+pan and continue the work.
    It would be very nice having a way to do the reverse flow (going back to previous instance to continue the work in the same windows I was without the zoom+hand).

I wondered the possible solutions:
    - A temporary floating button after going to master to return to the instance.
    - Shortcut to return to the previous instance.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A possibility to set some magnetic/anchor points to the scroll could be really great. By setting these points the scroll could stop or slow down to stick to some contents in preview mode.
    Exemple here : https://codepen.io/supah/pen/yMMyMK

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →